should u cancle master strike 1/2 through?

Dagimpster

So i was watching my Master Strike last night and noticed that u do 2 hits with in the first 1.5 seconds and then have a big hit in the last 1.5 seconds that isn't much bigger then the 2nd hit... so should you just cancle MS 1/2 through and get the 2 hits and gain an extra 1.5 seconds to get off another attack or 2

i have a hard time seeing all the numbers so if some one wanted to actually look at this and let me know if i am seeing it right

Edited by Dagimpster

If you need to cancel it, it's fine but at this point, you'll waste Focus on something that could hit as hard. In most situation, people don't tend to run away from your second hit, might as well get it in and get that extra damage in. Unless the person actively runs away from you, your second hit will land. So basically, you want to slow him down and Master Strike him for some good ouch!

So i was watching my Master Strike last night and noticed that u do 2 hits with in the first 1.5 seconds and then have a big hit in the last 1.5 seconds that isn't much bigger then the 2nd hit... so should you just cancle MS 1/2 through and get the 2 hits and gain an extra 1.5 seconds to get off another attack or 2

i have a hard time seeing all the numbers so if some one wanted to actually look at this and let me know if i am seeing it right

I'm not sure why some people are responding like this is ridiculous. The only thing that's ridiculous is the fact that this ability is a dps loss everytime you let it run the full duration. It shoul be scaled in a way that makes it useful. As it stands right now, there's no reason to wait 1.5 seconds of a 3 second channel for so little additional damage. If you need to use it as a rotation filler, queue another ability right after the GCD (first two strikes of the channel).

You don't have to do this, of course. The only point some of us are trying to make is that there's no reason to let the whole move channel. It's like giving us a 3 second channel where we dance for half of the duration.

I'm not sure why some people are responding like this is ridiculous. The only thing that's ridiculous is the fact that this ability is a dps loss everytime you let it run the full duration. It shoul be scaled in a way that makes it useful. As it stands right now, there's no reason to wait 1.5 seconds of a 3 second channel for so little additional damage. If you need to use it as a rotation filler, queue another ability right after the GCD (first two strikes of the channel).

You don't have to do this, of course. The only point some of us are trying to make is that there's no reason to let the whole move channel. It's like giving us a 3 second channel where we dance for half of the duration.

glad to see i wasn't the only one seeing it

there are 3 hits in master strike, the first 2 = the third, so u get 500+500+1000 from the 3 hits. so if you wait the first 1.5 seconds for 1000 damage why not wait the remaining 1.5 seconds for the second half of the damage the ability does?

the range on master strike is actually fairly large, you dont need to be on top of your target for the last hit to connect, seems about 2-3m range.

i only cancel half way through if i know the last hit wont connect, or if i have a harder hitting ability i can use, otherwise i just let it finish.

on a side note, killing people with the third hit of master strike (as a guardian anyway) is just very satisfying.