Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ion still doing inappropriate damage?

exphryl

I don't know what's wrong with it but I stopped speccing into increased damage because even with those talents it hits for like 100. Is that the problem? Cause yes, it's still there.

well if thats the problem its sure as hell present for republic vanguards too... ion cell damage hits like a wet noodle - but then.. thats probably not why you use it.

Ion isn't meant for damage its primary function is for tanking and if you choose to take you are foregoing a large amount of damage. The other cells give you bigger damage, Ion gives you massive threat gen and an armor boost

O so that means its okay that it doesn't hit as hard as it says it should?

By the way, tanks also factor into a raids DPS I do not know why people totally disregard that. Yeah that don't account for as much but even a few percents on a Boss especially in Nightmare makes a difference.

Also more dmg = more threat.

The more you know :::::::::::::::::::::::::::*

Yes. Its other advantages make up for its low damage.

There's a miscommunication here.

The OP is saying that ion isn't hitting as hard as the tooltip says it should, not that the tooltip amount is too low.

And yeah, it's probably because mitigation applies to ion damage, so the damage you get from it will be variable depending on your target's armour etc.

Damage is still way below the amount the mitigation should reduce it if base damage would be a tooltip value. I think the problem is that at some point the damage got nerfed to the ground, in same time no one bothered to adjust talent trees or fix tooltip display. 25% increase on tooltip value would net a not to bad increase on dps for 1pt talent. Prototype cylinders would still be a bit meh compared to what other stances get from it. Currently the 25% talent is pretty much not worth puting points in it if you get deep enough to prototype tree to get retractable blade or to pyro tree to get missile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.