Love this game - so much better than WoW

Kaelshi

I hate this argument. Game developing is not like some exponentially improving scale where eventually no games released will ever have issues or bugs. It's more like the flu virus. You get a new mutation (software, engine, technology, etc), and you have to develop a vaccine each year (debug, problem solve, etc.)

The "WoW released in 2004, it's 2012" argument is like saying "People caught the flu in 2004, it's 2012."

This. QFT

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

week 1: Normal mode all bosses downed

week 2: After lockout all Heroic bosses downed.

We are comparing modern WoW, yes?

Exaggeration is all nice and good, but lets take a look at facts here:

For WoW's latest big raid, Madness of Deathwing, it took THE WORLDS FASTEST GUILD a month to beat it on heroic. Go check the facts yourself if you don't believe me, it was KIN btw.

That's, let me say this again, the WORLDS FASTEST GUILD. And that's not even taking into account, that the raid came out in a patch in the Expansion, meaning the entire guild was already decked out in the latest and best gear in the game, no leveling time or gear grinding required.

Second, "we are comparing modern WoW, yes?" ... well yes, except of course where I say "back in Vanilla WoW"

Edited by TokyoZeplin

With the new raids... yes... they get beaten in about a month after release, and the heroic mode gets beaten 2 or 3 months after release.

Back in Vanilla though, and BC too (though less), that was hardly the case. I think it took about 3 months (after raid release, which was months after the game released) before anyone cleared Molten Core on my server. Just having enough 60's, then gearing everyone up in blues, then getting enough fireresist, then getting past the gear-check bosses, figuring out tactics, and so forth... **** took time! I think it took my guild around 5 months before we cleared MC the first time o0

Um, our guild killed Deathwing on normal the night the patch was released.

I think server firsts were in 2-3 hours after patch was released.

I hate this argument. Game developing is not like some exponentially improving scale where eventually no games released will ever have issues or bugs. It's more like the flu virus. You get a new mutation (software, engine, technology, etc), and you have to develop a vaccine each year (debug, problem solve, etc.)

The "WoW released in 2004, it's 2012" argument is like saying "People caught the flu in 2004, it's 2012."

What I hate is people worshipping this game and praising every aspect while basically this is WoW in a Star Wars theme, with the only innovative thing being fully voiced dialogues. Storyline? No, WoW had it too. But you just had to read it which no one did.

So why exactly should we worship this game that is in no way different than any other MMO?

Maybe this can explain it better to you, especially the part that starts at 0:46.

For WoW's latest big raid, Madness of Deathwing, it took THE WORLDS FASTEST GUILD a month to beat it on heroic. Go check the facts yourself if you don't believe me, it was KIN btw.

That's, let me say this again, the WORLDS FASTEST GUILD. And that's not even taking into account, that the raid came out in a patch in the Expansion, meaning the entire guild was already decked out in the latest and best gear in the game, no leveling time or gear grinding required.

Second, "we are comparing modern WoW, yes?" ... well yes, except of course where I say "back in Vanilla WoW"

Oh, I'm sorry...it took 3 weeks...

And now WoW has exactly what...one raid?

Actually, they did it in 3 weeks.

This game is a WoW clone. It is exactly like wow except worse in every way. Im not saying wow is good, I'm just saying this is worse. How can you not like WoW, but like this?

You know what I can't stand? Mexican food. Ugh. All the same. Just ground meat and cheese on tortillas. But you know what I love? Taco Bell that's my favorite! It's sooooo gooood all that ground meat and cheese in a tortilla!

Edited by ShaftyMcShaft

In current WoW, no one gives a hoot about normal-mode raid kills mate :)

Its just like the people who say they have nothing to do here and haven't done any nightmare mods, only normal.

Same as in WOW, they say there is nothing to do and only downed DW in 10 normal.

Except, now in WOW you get to fight DW until MOP comes out. (minus the garbage patch that comes out right b4 where everything is nerfed into the ground)

What I hate is people worshipping this game and praising every aspect while basically this is WoW in a Star Wars theme, with the only innovative thing being fully voiced dialogues. Storyline? No, WoW had it too. But you just had to read it which no one did.

So why exactly should we worship this game that is in no way different than any other MMO?

Maybe this can explain it better to you, especially the part that starts at 0:46.

I see your bugs w/ bugs

I just wish the people who scream and moan about things like not implementing an LFD would just leave the community. There bad attitude towards everyone else is what is destroying this community. We would be much better off without them and hopefully they leave before LFD comes out.

oh I see- so if I dont just log on and ***** and moan about the aspects of the game that I think can be improved - then its worshiping the game? I see. I make a thread approving of what I enjoy about the game and "I'm" the one with a problem?

I think people who refuse to enjoy a game they are clearly still playing and refusing to quit despite how much they moan about hating are the ones with the problem here, not me.

This game is a WoW clone. It is exactly like wow except worse in every way. Im not saying wow is good, I'm just saying this is worse. How can you not like WoW, but like this?

You know what I can't stand? Mexican food. Ugh. All the same. Just ground meat and cheese on tortillas. But you know what I love? Taco Bell that's my favorite! It's sooooo gooood all that ground meat and cheese in a tortilla!

right..leveling in wow is identical to leveling here.....ok..your credible.

I played WoW briefly back in vanilla, the 14 day free trial. I'm the kind of person that is a completionist, and does and reads everything, so I didn't get too far, but I was extremely unmotivated in WoW. Yes there was story, but it was not immersive. Killing 15 gnolls because an alchemist wants to create the ultimate potion of doom from their hearts felt like a thinly veiled reason to go and kill 15 gnolls. 14 days of WoW left me deciding I didn't want to pay for more. I had friends urging me to endure it a bit longer because "It gets fun once you start raiding."

With TOR, I was immersed in my character's story from day 1 (trooper, I'm told has one of the better class stories though, so it MIGHT be a fluke of choice). I popped on a 6 month subscription after my 1st month, and I plan to go through all eight classes eventually. By no means is it perfect, and I'm currently lvl 35 so haven't hit the endgame wall. I'm guessing I'll probably enjoy it more than mmo veterans because I've never hit endgame in a subscription based mmo before so it won't feel as stale as others claim.

Bang for buck, I'm pleased with it. The 6 month sub drops it to $13/month, and honestly for somebody who works and gets a few hours when I get home to play, it's good entertainment. I can see how it would be disappointing for people who can play 10+ hours a day and burn out on it fast.

There is a 40k que to buy the new mount in WOW atm, clearly the game fails lol. We can't even get working instances, reliable pvp, disappearing sabers when you run......on and on.

so go play wow - what is mentally wrong with a person who clearly continues to play a game he says he hates.

We have different tastes - I like the game a heck of a lot moe than WoW so I'm playing this game.

You apparently like WoW al ot more than swtor...but you're still here playing swtor.

thats stupid

I played WoW briefly back in vanilla, the 14 day free trial. I'm the kind of person that is a completionist, and does and reads everything, so I didn't get too far, but I was extremely unmotivated in WoW. Yes there was story, but it was not immersive. Killing 15 gnolls because an alchemist wants to create the ultimate potion of doom from their hearts felt like a thinly veiled reason to go and kill 15 gnolls. 14 days of WoW left me deciding I didn't want to pay for more. I had friends urging me to endure it a bit longer because "It gets fun once you start raiding."

I've never heard the "It gets fun once you start raiding" thing in WoW, but then again, I played on a RP server.

Then again, I also play on a RP server in TOR, and I do hear it here. But... then again, the RP community here so far seems ***** :(

so go play wow - what is mentally wrong with a person who clearly continues to play a game he says he hates.

We have different tastes - I like the game a heck of a lot moe than WoW so I'm playing this game.

You apparently like WoW al ot more than swtor...but you're still here playing swtor.

thats stupid

Don't worry once the Chinese get the game in Hong Kong you might be able to hide behind the LOL SWTOR HAS 3 Million accounts hype for two weeks. Before 98% of the Chinese market has already fully uninstalled SWTOR.

I've never heard the "It gets fun once you start raiding" thing in WoW, but then again, I played on a RP server.

Then again, I also play on a RP server in TOR, and I do hear it here. But... then again, the RP community here so far seems ***** :(

I actually really enjoy RP and will probably join an RP server eventually.

I used to RP on a persistent world server in NWN that was set in the Wheel of Time universe. It was lots of fun.