Bioware doing more harm than good

LegacySoldier

Dear Bioware Developers,

I love the story that you guys have created for this game. I find it nice to know the motivations for my actions, BUT I think you as developers have started going down the path of the dark side. WoW has abilities that react different with NPC's and players. You guys have decided to make it one and the same, and they are not one and the same at all. You have two types of players in this game, PvE and PvP, which means you should have different reaction to the abilities. Another fault are the stuns. They last too long against players. That should've been fixed a long time ago. I understand that you wanted to separate yourself from WoW but you should've taken the things that WoW have done right. Bracket PvP, Automated LFG instead of the absolutely useless one that is in game that not many people use. Not allowing addons is another bad mistake because you completely alienate the player base with creativity which allows you to focus on something else.

Another note, These weekly nerf patches are slowly killing the player base. You've made more nerfs in these 2 months than most MMO's. Too many changes too fast. I had a lot of hope for this game and I liked how the game played in Beta but then these changes slowly started to kill the classes with nerf, after nerf, after nerf. I play Sith Juggernaut, I enjoy this game but I'm not seeing anything beneficial. All I hear is coming soon, but what I see is daunting. At least Mass Effect is awesome. Mass Effect 1 wasn't perfect when released so I'm giving you some time to work this out, but at this rate populations are dropping and people are quitting. You guys are down by 3 right now and your in the fourth quarter with the ball in your hand. Are you going to drop the pass or make the adjustments necessary to win the game.

Hope you start making positive changes and quit with the nerf bat. Focus on end game and let the players copy their toons to the public test server. That's how your going to get your feedback on fixing endgame. Because if you don't you will be going to the free to play model before you know it.

IF you don't believe that if you alienate your player base you can still strive just take a look at DC Universe, Star Trek Online, FF XIV, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, and etc... Bioware shouldn't be in this category.

Edited by LegacySoldier

Actually ToR is up to 1.7 million subscribers now with at least 2 million people having bought the game that means only 300,000 have left, and they are about to get a whole new slew of players when the game releases in Australia and Asia March 1st, so everything you're saying here is unfounded and doesn't have an inkling of plausibility to it.

Actually ToR is up to 1.7 million subscribers now with at least 2 million people having bought the game that means only 300,000 have left, and they are about to get a whole new slew of players when the game releases in Australia and Asia March 1st, so everything you're saying here is unfounded and doesn't have an inkling of plausibility to it.

You seem like a glass half-full kinda fella

Well as a former Bounty Hunter I can understand why some would be up in arms. Everyone wants an edge and the BH had one, unfortunately it was too much of an edge and had to be changed some. There was things i could wade into with my BH that i wouldn't dare with other classes and thats because the healing was off the charts.

Kinda funny everyone always cries about things needing to be balanced but when it comes to their fav its a nerf.

300,000 players dropped in less than 2 months isn't a good sign. That's actually a decline. What makes you think this wont repeat in Asia and Australia?

300,000 players isn't bad in the FIRST 2 months the game is out. MMO's aren't for everyone. People had a chance to play, and now the ones who don't like it are leaving. As the game gets more commercial time, more people will start playing. Late adopters.

Oh, and wall of text crits 9001.

Edited by Nathanking

300,000 players dropped in less than 2 months isn't a good sign. That's actually a decline. What makes you think this wont repeat in Asia and Australia?

Correction, 100,000 players dropped, 200,000 bough the game but are waiting to a certain point to start playing, my bad. Anyway, you're looking at this completely wrong. I would understand you're complaint if there were only 500,000 players altogether but since the numbers speak for themself I can't agree with you.

Cliffs Notes

Dear Bioware Developers,

I love the story that you guys have created for this game. I find it nice to know the motivations for my actions,

Hi, I'm attempting to establish myself as a 'fan' of this game to validate my complaints.

BUT I think you as developers have started going down the path of the dark side. WoW has abilities that react different with NPC's and players. You guys have decided to make it one and the same, and they are not one and the same at all. You have two types of players in this game, PvE and PvP, which means you should have different reaction to the abilities.

Cute game related comment followed by complaints about game mechanics, covering both PvE and PvP. I really only care about PvP though.

Another fault are the stuns. They last too long against players. That should've been fixed a long time ago. I understand that you wanted to separate yourself from WoW but you should've taken the things that WoW have done right. Bracket PvP, Automated LFG instead of the absolutely useless one that is in game that not many people use. Not allowing addons is another bad mistake because you completely alienate the player base with creativity which allows you to focus on something else.

Another note, These weekly nerf patches are slowly killing the player base. You've made more nerfs in these 2 months than most MMO's. Too many changes too fast. I had a lot of hope for this game and I liked how the game played in Beta but then these changes slowly started to kill the classes with nerf, after nerf, after nerf. I play Sith Juggernaut, I enjoy this game but I'm not seeing anything beneficial. All I hear is coming soon, but what I see is daunting. At least Mass Effect is awesome. Mass Effect 1 wasn't perfect when released so I'm giving you some time to work this out, but at this rate populations are dropping and people are quitting. You guys are down by 3 right now and your in the fourth quarter with the ball in your hand. Are you going to drop the pass or make the adjustments necessary to win the game.

I got stunned in PvP and now I think stuns are overpowered. Unsubstantiated claim about playerbase leaving because of patching. Change is scary. I play a Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Guardian QQ.

Unnecessary mention then comparison to another successful Bioware title.

LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE QUITTING but I'll stay and give you a chance. Just a little longer though. It is your call.

Hope you start making positive changes and quit with the nerf bat. Focus on end game and let the players copy their toons to the public test server. That's how your going to get your feedback on fixing endgame. Because if you don't you will be going to the free to play model before you know it.

IF you don't believe that if you alienate your player base you can still strive just take a look at DC Universe, Star Trek Online, FF XIV, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, and etc... Bioware shouldn't be in this category.

Mention of things you already intend to do that takes time. Mention of unsuccessful titles and poorly contrived comparison to them. Masked disappointment ending statement.

Edited by Yuuj

I lolleth at this guy.

'only 300k have left'

Yeah, only 15% left after one month. Good riddance.

Check again in 2 months, since there are still some people playing only cause of an active GC (like me) or because they bought a long-term subscription.

300,000 players isn't bad in the FIRST 2 months the game is out. MMO's aren't for everyone. People had a chance to play, and now the ones who don't like it are leaving. As the game gets more commercial time, more people will start playing. Late adopters.

Oh, and wall of text crits 9001.

Stop using logic.

Obviously WoW had 100% retention rate at launch and never lost a sub. Ever.

Be easy on the OP he might drown in his own drool.

I lolleth at this guy.

'only 300k have left'

Check again in 2 months, since there are still some people playing only cause of an active GC (like me) or because they bought a long-term subscription.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Edited by Reico

I lolleth at this guy.

'only 300k have left'

Thats actually lower than most MMos that are released.

I lolleth at this guy.

'only 300k have left'

LOL... I thought about that when I was looking at the yearly chart on this site...

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

Stop using logic.

Obviously WoW had 100% retention rate at launch and never lost a sub. Ever.

Be easy on the OP he might drown in his own drool.

Sales of WoW didn't slow to a trickle in the first 60 days. TOR's sales have fallen fast. Heck, WoW sold so well, Blizzard actually stopped shipping product so they could catch up with their server infrastructure.

I think you might be confusing WoW with Aion, when it comes to ability effects changing depending on if it's an NPC or another player.

Aion has been doing that for a long time and Blizzard said, quite some time ago, that they didn't want to do that. I think a few abilities in WoW does it, but very few.

To be frank, WoW has made more class balance nerfs and buffs than there are people on this planet. It seems like they never want to balance classes at all at this point.

Edited by Senatsu

erm the numbers of 2mill and 1.7 staying is from the end of Q4 2011 We won't know how many players are still in or how many gained untill end of Q1 2012. Just a heads up before you start spewing up and beliving everything you read on the net. What'd you know santas real! Ozzy Ozbourne you say?! Yea they nerf alot... Not worth quitting over imo *shrugs*

It wasnt 300,000 in the first 2 months but the first 10 days.

So everyone knows

In the month of dec 1.7 million people purchased the game.

As of feb 1st 2 million people purchased the game

As of feb 1st 1.7 million people still had an active acount

Of that 1.7 million 300,000 had bought the game in Jan and were still in there "free month"

So as of feb 1st the most subs they could posible have is 2 million and 1.7 million had the option to quit so 300,000 people quit within 10 days.

No one could tech quit until Jan 20th because of the free month. 300,000 people quit before feb 1st thats 300,000 in the first 10 days.

Numbers are rounded off but close enough to be considered acurate.

Edited by Emeda

Silly that is a 85% retention rate no MMO ever has had a retention rate that high after the first two months.

You're doing it wrong.

:rolleyes: