So Bioware, is this how its gonna be?

Propanelgen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know how Merc healing is, but if healing in general was a problem, they could've just improved the healing debuff.

If only Mercs were hit, that probably means they were better than the others by a considerably margin.

Again, I don't know how it is(I'm a Sorc who insists on healing, so I've never seen any other healers).

I think BW are on their way to alienating all of their PvP player base anyway.

PVE is something which they undeniably did right.

Class story quests yes they did that right. Flash Points are still buggy and can turn into a mess. I ran Directive 7 last night with some guildies and that droid that spawns the adds STILL has the bug where it generates a ton of adds instead of just 1 at a time. Supposedly fixed in one of their last patches, but its still there. Shocker.

If only Mercs were hit, that probably means they were better than the others by a considerably margin.

Wow, someone actually gets it. Guess what, it's not sorcs you guys should be worried about (who are currently imba beyond all words at the moment).

Best way to solve the whole nerf bat issue would be to leave classes as they are and add PvP only classes that are balanced. Add in the option to start them at 50 with moderate gear and leave the PvE classes to those who have no desire to PvP and could care less that class X does Y damage/Heal/absorb damage/resist more then Class Z.

Best way to solve the whole nerf bat issue would be to leave classes as they are and add PvP only classes that are balanced. Add in the option to start them at 50 with moderate gear and leave the PvE classes to those who have no desire to PvP and could care less that class X does Y damage/Heal/absorb damage/resist more then Class Z.

That's somehow better than allowing people to participate in both PVE and PVP on the same character?

I'd totally disagree.

meh... that's arguable.

it lacks any challenge to be honest.

groups of 3 or 4 enemies all waiting to be slaughtered by my awesomeness.

Worst case scenario is one strong and 2 average enemies.

CC the strong, slaughter the 2 easies... then slaughter the strong ad nauseum for 50 levels.

Im too awesome for my game

To awesome for my game

To awesome for my gaaaaaaaame

imma model, you know what I mean....

Sorry can someone explain to me how we got nerfed? I don't see it in the patch notes.

I didn't see it either.

So, how were we nerfed? Gotta be the surge rating thing that they're talking about, but if that's the case, aren't other classes also receiving the same nerf?

In all seriousness though, you do have to trust them to do what's right for the game in the long run. I know it may seem that some of the changes they're making now are bad/rushed and balance is always going to be an issue...

You have to trust that the devs are taking an holistic view of the game

NGE and CU disagree with you.

So you nerf healing for mercs in the patch tuesday, for what?

Is your plan to screw over classes doing PvE for the sake of trying to balance PvP?

I mean come on, is this a joke?

Obviously you dont want my merc doing any healing, seeing as its doing considerably less healing generating the same amount of heat..

Nice job.

Have you even tested after the patch before blowing off steam and trolling the forum here? At least for me, healing is still plenty to maintain my HM FP group. Lost about 9% surge rating, switched some power into my gear, and my healing is fine. Adjust and overcome. This entire surge thing is just being blown out of proportion.

Edited by BlownSi

And by PvE, you mean the single-player campaign to 50. Endgame was a joke for the last month with all the bugs and unchallenging otherwise.

Edited by Jodou

I think BW are on their way to alienating all of their PvP player base anyway.

If they did the PVE right, why are people leaving on a daily basis? I mean... clearing the content on nightmare mode won't cause you much trouble if you have a handful of people with two eyes and two hands.

The Doom Counter is running... somehow if the next major patch in march doesn't fix alot of the things that they're currently spend way too long to hotfix, we'll see an even greater decline of payers.

Communication from their side has to improve too.

Some of the problems they're facing also seems to be that have spent such a long time developing the SWTOR client and has made it complex and hard to program and hotfix.

It also seems they've hired alot of people from Mythic? And we all know Warhammer Online really made the charts explode...

Taking the people from a game that didn't hit it's target goal.. yeah well! unemployed people need jobs too! :p

I don't know anymore... if a game is loosing subs after less than 2 months, something just might be a little wrong. ^^

Personally i'm going to wait for the 1.2 patch and see if they change their gameplan.. if not.. might as well make it free to play.

If they did the PVE right, why are people leaving on a daily basis? I mean... clearing the content on nightmare mode won't cause you much trouble if you have a handful of people with two eyes and two hands.

The Doom Counter is running... somehow if the next major patch in march doesn't fix alot of the things that they're currently spend way too long to hotfix, we'll see an even greater decline of payers.

Communication from their side has to improve too.

Some of the problems they're facing also seems to be that have spent such a long time developing the SWTOR client and has made it complex and hard to program and hotfix.

It also seems they've hired alot of people from Mythic? And we all know Warhammer Online really made the charts explode...

Taking the people from a game that didn't hit it's target goal.. yeah well! unemployed people need jobs too! :p

I don't know anymore... if a game is loosing subs after less than 2 months, something just might be a little wrong. ^^

Personally i'm going to wait for the 1.2 patch and see if they change their gameplan.. if not.. might as well make it free to play.

This is simply trolling.

Leaving on a daily basis? If this is happening it's because they have unrealistic expectations.

Doom counter? What doom counter?

Communication from their side? - this is a flaw in every MMO, and anyone who has every played an MMO will know it.

Hard to program and hotfix? How can you possibly know this? Nothing but speculation.

Why does it matter where your developers come from? Developers don't manage a project or control release quality.

How do you know it's losing subs, and surely if the net affect (x leave, y join) is still growth, it's growth? And if people are leaving, it's down to unrealistic expectations.

Make it free to play? LOL.