Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel bad for you ppl on a slow realm and I can see how you might think the game is dieing but on Mind tricks realm we have 240 ppl impire side every night and 160 rep side(not sure about everynight but never seen it under 140) so its hard to really see things as dieing........I would reroll if I wasn't happy on my realm tho.

EDIT:I am talking about just in fleet who knows how many are out in the world at those times.

Edited by Synacus

Did I say 'all' anywhere? Nope keep making things up and maybe you will find someone to group with!

One post does not equate to even many.

You said 'guild leaders' and linked me to a post where the player actually bumped his own thread.

(Oh, I don't have problems grouping. It's called a guild and/or /1).

That's strike 2.

Edit for clarity to your post:

fact even the guild leaders see what is going on....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335629&highlight=guild+summit

Edited by Azzras

The game is growing suck it up princess. 1.2 is going to rock my socks off an everything people are qqing about are being discussed already. I.e LFG Cross server/single server, More negatives to quiting pvp, content content content, bug fixes

1 month ago my server was listed as heavy at prime and had about 80 ppl at fleet prime-time.

Most servers when I signed on were standard-heavy-very hevay-full.

1 month later my server is either light or standard with 35-40 ppl at fleet prime-time. 10-25 players most hours.

When signing on and checking servers they are all either light or standard. Maybe one exception or two that are heavy.

You have to be extremely deluded and have some sort of weird attachment to this game if you can't see/admit that the game is losing subs.

It's like some ppl feel their lives will collapse if they are forced to admit that this game that they identify their whole existence with is not doing better than WoW:P

Well then, here's some reality for you.

FACT:

Game is selling exponentially right now.

FACT:

More sells = more people

FACT:

I like pizza.

That's a lot of facts there, good thing no one never lies on the internet right?

The game is not in fact selling "exponentially". It may have increased in sales because they opened up in other markets besides the US and europe. A fact I can give you that is true is that the US servers are in fact having less people log in than they did a month ago. The queues are all gone now, remember those in Jan and Dec?

They may have numerous active accounts but those people may have purchased 3 to 6 month blocks but there are less people logging into the game now.

Fact, many people that I raid with and in my guild have stated to me personally they are waiting for the big so called make it or break it patch 1.2 to decide whether to stay or leave as with myself.

I really wish you people would take your heads out of the sand.

1 month ago my server was listed as heavy at prime and had about 80 ppl at fleet prime-time.

1 month later my server is either light or standard with 35-40 ppl at fleet prime-time. 10-25 players most hours.

When signing on and checking servers they are all either light or standard. Maybe one exception or two that are heavy.

You have to be extremely deluded and have some sort of weird attachment to this game if you can't see/admit that the game is losing subs.

It's like some ppl feel their lives will collapse if they are forced to admit that this game that they identify their whole existence with is not doing better than WoW:P

Isn't WoW losing subs by the millions?

And....sells are up, people are playing....and more content to come.

Don't hate, m8.

:p

the funny thing is that people who say they are loving this game but have made 500 forum posts since 2/16. When do you find time to play a game when your are posting about it 24/7. I would have to say that is a BW employee behind that mask! Edited by stickyickytricky

The game is growing suck it up princess. 1.2 is going to rock my socks off an everything people are qqing about are being discussed already. I.e LFG Cross server/single server, More negatives to quiting pvp, content content content, bug fixes

LFG cross server what does this mean? Just curious.... Does it mean I could possibly do HM with ppl on other servers? And when's X-server pvp going to happen?

the funny thing is that people who say they are loving this game but have made 500 forum posts since 2/16. When do you find time to play a game when your are posting about it 24/7. I would have to say that is a BW employee behind that mask!

If you looked at my post history you would see I'm no employee. lol

Anyway, strike 3.

/ignore list.

Time will tell... you guys can speculate one way or the other, but it's just that speculation.

All that I can tell you is my personal experience on Shadowlands Republic side is that number of people I see is far less than a month ago. Also, my guildmates got bored and left to play other things. Some of them, including myself are just letting the subs run out.

Some people have a different experience... totally subjective and you can't extend either situation as what is going on in the large scale.

I would say we'll have a better understanding if this game will succeed or not at least 6 months after release... so come May/June. There will be more data to try to determine trends by then.

Agreed.

How's the server growth going now? It's been two weeks since your original post. I'd love to hear an HONEST view on how you feel the growth has gone.

How many of those new faces are gone? or even better how many of those older server names are gone now?

How's the server growth going now? It's been two weeks since your original post. I'd love to hear an HONEST view on how you feel the growth has gone.

How many of those new faces are gone? or even better how many of those older server names are gone now?

Some people come, some go. My guild is growing every day.

I see new names all the time, some old names I don't see anymore.

Overall, I'd say the trend is that server population is still growing.

Even in off peak hours I see numerous people online.

My honest opinion.

;)

So you caught me on a bad night...guess it proves I'm not a fanboi, eh? I'll still defend this game, however. I even admitted in the above post you quoted that gearing is unappealing at high level. But unlike some of you who can only see the world in black and white terms, I see the grey.

For the most part I'm having fun, there are some nights when I'm frustrated. That doesn't mean the game is failing, nor does it mean I'm going to quit.

So what was your point again?

My honest opinion.

;)

What server?

My honest opinion.

;)

Same experience as me.

I started a republic toon 2 weeks ago on a server to see how the population was faring.. the population was 10 on most planets about 30 on fleet. Today I am playing well right now and I can see that has grown by about 50%

This is just my experience and maybe not the same for others.