Pure shockfrozen water

Krunoo

Good heaven guys, it was very important to remove shockfrozen water, yup really big bug that was.:mad:

Rather focus on the big issue.

You mean big issues like warzone players using a vastly overpowered healing consumable with a shorter cooldown than any medpacs?

Technically it was never an exploit as such - after all there is no need for it to heal at all given its intended purpose. The change has simply made it so that it's useable only once per Warzone. Unless I'm mistaken, the patch notes said nothing about it no longer healing, no longer granting medals or no longer being usable in Warzones, right? So if you really want to you can go Tattooine > Hoth > Queue on loop and still get your two medals each time.

If they didn't intend for it to heal you out of combat it surely would have been easier to stop it from doing so. Its healing property has no impact on getting a Magenta Crystal after all.

It's cheesy as hell, it kind of favours stealth classes too much and it was a bit silly but it's slightly different to Biochem in that it's available to everyone equally. I don't care particularly either way - but I think it's probably going a bit too far to call it an "exploit" because if it were I think a) Bioware would have moved quicker on it and b) this patch would have removed its healing properties or similar.

As I say, the only nerf is that you can now only use it once per WZ and it's a pain in the backside to get it every time you want it. But if you do want to go to the trouble for your extra medals, you still can.

Unless I'm missing something from the patch notes, in which case please correct me - at work so haven't had the opportunity to test in-game yet :)

Technically it was never an exploit as such - after all there is no need for it to heal at all given its intended purpose. The change has simply made it so that it's useable only once per Warzone. Unless I'm mistaken, the patch notes said nothing about it no longer healing, no longer granting medals or no longer being usable in Warzones, right? So if you really want to you can go Tattooine > Hoth > Queue on loop and still get your two medals each time.

What? Only an insane person would do this. It's no different than banning it from use in Warzones and the open world. It takes at least 20 minutes of travel time between Tatooine and Hoth if you use fleet passes and other shortcuts, not to mention finding the water in the first place. Don't be obtuse.

A better fix would have been to have the Refreshed buff it provides not be removable, effectively providing a significant cooldown on use.

This only hurts non-burst dps classes since everyone could have gotten and used the thing. Pointless 'fix' IMO.

it was an incredibly easy fix and its fine. they did not spend time on it. the people on these forums are ridiculous.

Tbh you are ridiculous, they are wasting time on idiocies, while they have 1000 real bugs to fix, like "ILUM", "WARZONE DC", etc etc... what are u Bioware earn boy ??

Tbh you are ridiculous, they are wasting time on idiocies, while they have 1000 real bugs to fix, like "ILUM", "WARZONE DC", etc etc... what are u Bioware earn boy ??

to fix shockfrozen water probably took 10 minutes. you are ridiculous.

the water was super abused (even by me).

my money is on changing it's flag to one time use from reusable was an easier fix than some of the nastier bugs in the game

The Pure Frozen Shock Water was not removed. It was just changed to being consumed on use. You know, like pretty much every other heal and buff consumable, except for the top tier biochem recipes that can only be used by people with 400 Biochem. As someone who did and will continue to use this item, I fully understand and support this change.

Tbh you are ridiculous, they are wasting time on idiocies, while they have 1000 real bugs to fix
Item ID: 0gj39j21

Item Name: Pure Shockfrozen Water

Icon: SD34

Sell Price: #

Consumable: 1

Tradeable: 0

Stackable: 1

Reusable: 1

etc

After 1.1.2 patch...

Reusable: 0

That may be as simple as it was to fix - merely altering a value in it's Item Properties.

Item ID: 0gj39j21

Item Name: Pure Shockfrozen Water

Icon: SD34

Sell Price: #

Consumable: 1

Tradeable: 0

Stackable: 1

Reusable: 1

etc

After 1.1.2 patch...

Reusable: 0

That may be as simple as it was to fix - merely altering a value in it's Item Properties.

Ok fun boy, they need 10min to fix that, tell me then is it ok if you push mouse 5 game dc you instantly, why they don't take 10 more min and fix that as well, if that is so easy for them as you say...?????? I didn't see that in any GAME, that you can't use buttons on your keyboard or mouse dude, so why they don't fix that ???

The Pure Frozen Shock Water was not removed. It was just changed to being consumed on use. You know, like pretty much every other heal and buff consumable, except for the top tier biochem recipes that can only be used by people with 400 Biochem. As someone who did and will continue to use this item, I fully understand and support this change.

All biochem medpacks can be made resuable, even the level 16 one.

Ok fun boy, they need 10min to fix that, tell me then is it ok if you push mouse 5 game dc you instantly, why they don't take 10 more min and fix that as well, if that is so easy for them as you say...?????? I didn't see that in any GAME, that you can't use buttons on your keyboard or mouse dude, so why they don't fix that ???

facepalm.jpg :rolleyes:

This was definitely a needed change, don't know why people are complaining.

You are correct that it was a needed change.

The reason some of us are complaining is that we play classes that can only achieve medals through 2 of the 4 medal ladders and the Shockwater allowed us to make up for that horrible design flaw in creating the medal system.

They're making this the official thread so ima post this here the quote is from teh other one but i think it's an important observation that many people have overlooked

There's a dps juggerballs on my server that gets min 10 medals per wz by abusing this water ****. If you're a tank or dps then you're NOT meant to heal other people or urself period. It's really retarded to QQ or talk about it anyfurther.

And healers get more medals than dps? LOEAL. I'm just gonna compare the 2.5k damage and heal medals here ( I'm a merc btw), as a healer only way that i get 2.5 is with powershot. (or jet punch smtn) And when i spam it to get the medal after i'm done with my healing, it takes min 5-10 crits (not shots) to reach 2.5k. And that happens if i'm lucky. When you're dps you can get the 2.5 heal first time you crit with the rapid scan.

Well decided to compare the kill count medals. In a decent equal sided wz, healers mostly dont have the time to raise their heads and shoot at people so it's probably guaranteeed you'll not get the 25 kill medal when dps's do.

***** please.

I have a guardian and i regularly get 10-11 medals without using the water as he rarely gets out of combat

1:2k dmg prevention

2:5k " "

3:10k w/o dying

4:25k w/o dying

5:50k w/o dying

6:2.5k dmg in 1 hit

7:75k dmg total

8:10 enemies

9: 25 enemies

then i get 2 to 3 more from unbeatable etc...

tanks are op not the water ;D

EDIT: Also, you can aoe to unstealth people and escape can only be used once per fight so no, the water is not an exploit for stealthers. i suggest you learn more about how stealth works before you makes posts about it

EDIT 2: on the other thread someone posted that 25k and 50k protection medals dont exist and then they closed the thread. i'd like to point out that they do in fact exist and that person must not be a very good tank if he hasnt recieved them yet. thx :D

Edited by luzzo

BioWare office as viewed by today's newest batch of whiners:

Programmer 1: Alright guys, I think we've got a fix for all these gamebreaking bugs, but something has come up.

Programmers 2-80,000: "What?"

Programmer 1: Some people are using a small cheat in a warzone.

Programmer 2: STOP EVERYTHING. FIX THIS **** RIGHT *********** NOW. STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GET ON THIS!

Programmgers 3-80,000: ON IT! *deletes info to fix other bugs*

What actually happened:

Programmer 1: *changes one value on coffee break*

you can make reusable stims for level 6 actually with biochem

theres this crazy thing called reverse engineering that lets you get better items you should look into it

EDIT: O NOES THEY GONNA NERF RE'ING NOW WHY DID I POST THAT!

Edited by luzzo

I think the problem people have is that this even came up on a list of things to do. Especially after so many failed attempts at fixing other issues. This isnt about Bioware learning how to run an MMO. This is like pointing to a mechanic who's fixed cars for 20 years and opens a shop and then doesnt know how to do an oil change. They should be able to fix bugs and prevent hackers from ruining the game. Stack on top of that the fact that they 'designed' Ilum and you have a ton of people pissed off at what they are 'fixing'. Like operatives being OP while you still have warzones not counting wins and abilities not working in talent trees. You drop your car off to get the engine rebuilt and you come back a month later to see that they washed your tires. Like ***. It makes no sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.