Surge nerf > holy ****

zkitzor

So why are you ignoring all the other possible stats?

Crit/Defense

Crit/Absorption

Crit/Shield

Power/Defense

Power/Absorption

Power/Shield

Surge,Alacrity,and Accuracy are not the ONLY stat that is paired with Crit or Power on Enhancements.

Maybe because he is talking about dps, it's pretty obvious the surge nerf doesn't affect tanking very much.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from 89 to 77, I dropped out 2 surge mods cause the gain past 75% is atrocious with Diminishing returns. I popped in some Accuracy/Power Enchancements instead.

Slight Nerf, but really, My damage on my Powertech was pretty absurd.

While that might be true, don't you think that role could be fulfilled by a shadow/assasin as well (and they also have knockback/sprint)? Or is their damage so much worse than ours?

Scoundrels hit harder by far. On my sage, I can kite shadows and they don't bother me. When a good IO is on me, I shout for tank help on mumble and pray he's fast enough to challenge the IO and/or guard me. In fact when good IO's are in the WZ, our tank singles them out and does nothing but control them.

Also aoe knockback vs aoe mez ... which would you rather have ? I personally will take the mez. Like I said, I was inspired to make a scoundrel by good scoundrel players.

I wasent QQ about how bad the class is, I play healing OP anyway.

Im just saying dont expect to walk into the 50 bracket and put up 300k and 0 deaths against premade BM groups.

People queuing in the 49 bracket are still learning thier class, have less utility, and in general are not that well geared.

A person can put up decent numbers on an op if they are a decent player, but that same player can put up better numbers and make a bigger impact to a game as another class.

Sorry I didn't mean to be so defensive. You're right about the pugs being bad in the lower brackets and I appreciate this.This is true on some servers, but I rolled on the best UK server where the best UK guilds pre-planned which server to roll months before he game came out. What I'm saying is .. these guys are not bad.

Also, I never stated I was good, I just stated what the class can do. People keep whining that the IO/Scoundrel is a bad class. My guild has 5 or 6 scoundrel (and sentinel) alts and we're wondering why people are complaining. I purposely rolled a scoundrel post nerf to see if it's a broken class and my opinion is that it's not.

The grass might not always be greener on the other side.

Edited by Orangerascal

This.

Now we have to balance our stats for best effects instead of mindlessly stacking like some sheep boo hoo. :rolleyes:

I say that as if you didn't stack surge yourself, which you did just like everyone else. And just like everyone else you will now try to stack power until that too is nerfed.

Back On Topic.

This is a dr that should have been in the game at launch.. No one would be whining since it acts like every other percentage stat.

Basically everyone is getting a nerf but yes there are some specs that have autocrit specs that will have to change it up some.

But at the end of the day this needed to happen we are in first 2 months of game and people are having insane crits. We should be happy enough we get a surge stat because most games just have a set 130% or 150% crit percent. So at least we can still get into the 170-180%s

Some specs will need to be retweaked but unless you are a crazy surge stacked it shouldn't change up any balance.

Don't worry I have friends that will carry me through the 2 weeks of hell once I get to 50 :)

So you come in here waggling your e-peen and then say this. Alrighty then.

Lets just say this. You know that talent in smuggler tree that gives a 10% boost to all HoTs?

It don't work for agents.

So not only do I take a large hit with surge which is a crucial stat, I also heal 10% less than your smuggler.

Isn't that awsome?

Edited by fixit

The surge nerf affected everyone, why you think it only affects operatives is beyond me :rolleyes:

The only thing the surge nerf did was reduce the ttk which was probably too high as the developers told us they game won't have a quick ttk.

also in cast your wondering, I've leveling a scoundrel and I still do well and can't wait to get to 50.

Sorry to destroy your world... but that is nothing impressive at all. Its just standard / mid range. Every class can do that with easy.

And here is what happens if a BH/Trooper comes into a WZ compared to your (our) laughable dmg. Trust me, ops/scounds ARE good before lvl50 without exp etc. it turns around 180° if you are fighting only good geared with exp on their gear and lvl50 ofc.

http://i.imgur.com/wzlCZ.jpg <- just look at it and start to feel useless.

And the surge nerf ofc effects operatives/scounds more than other classes.

It was hard to kill some healers before that nerf already. And it doesnt matter if it counts for all classes or not, op attacks healer = doesnt matter how much surge the healer has or not. Its about if you can actually kill him or not, especially sorcerer.

What is the point of even attacking them now? You know BEFORE that its a waste of cooldowns and time, because its 99,9% sure you can not kill him. So what?! Whats the point of attacking them then?

Edited by nodq

Back On Topic.

This is a dr that should have been in the game at launch.. No one would be whining since it acts like every other percentage stat.

Pretty much, when I went over 115% (+30% talent) and half lifing people with one ability in 10-49 bracket.... my first thoughts were why this hasnt been nerfed.

I'm just trying to understand how there exists a 5k single-hit medal in WZ's if high burst wasn't intended. It's clear to me that BW has no clue what they want and instead of taking appropriate measures for classes that were over-performing in that department, just **** all over every class regardless.

Stop making knee-jerk decisions just because good juggs/OPs know how to play Bioware. BTW, I'm only going to increase my surge stacking now. There's nothing even remotely viable to us.

Pretty much, when I went over 115% (+30% talent) and half lifing people with one ability in 10-49 bracket.... my first thoughts were why this hasnt been nerfed.

Because BW when they're thinking about balance, are thinking about the 10-49 bracket....

Just pointing out how stupid you sound.

It was hard to kill some healers before that nerf already. And it doesnt matter if it counts for all classes or not, op attacks healer = doesnt matter how much surge the healer has or not. Its about if you can actually kill him or not, especially sorcerer.

What is the point of even attacking them now? You know BEFORE that its a waste of cooldowns and time, because its 99,9% sure you can not kill him. So what?! Whats the point of attacking them then?

The point of attacking a healer who is sitting way in the back spamming heals on his team and is the sole reason why his team is able to wipe all the enemies at the door in Voidstar and thus give his team time to arm the bomb is to apply PRESSURE on him that will force him to do either of the following:

A. Stops healing his team and starts healing himself due to the DPS pressure you're causing. Keep in mind that this gives your teammates at the door valuable time to kill the DPS around the door since they are no longer receiving heals.

B. Keeps healing his team while trying to CC/kite you while he is low on health (assuming you are doing good damage). If he doesn't heal himself, this means the second you are out of the CC (whether through CC breaker or eating the entire duration) you should be able to finish him quickly.

C. CCs/kites you while running away from his teammates at the door because you aren't giving him any time to heal and he just wants to save himself.

The majority of healers I face do Option A. You're goal as a DPS focusing on an enemy healer shouldn't be to kill him. Obviously, killing him is preferable but the primary reason should be to force him to stop healing his team. When he isn't healing his DPS teammates, your teammates are hopefully cleaning them up.

Now if your teammates aren't killing their team even when you apply the pressure on the healer, then its safe to say you have bad teammates.

If you're a IO who's not closing ... it's definitely a l2 play issue. Fortunately I don't suffer from the same issue on my scoundrel. I actually know where my stealth button is and how to move around aoe.

Err the problem is not opening from stealth rather than staying in range long enough once you get rooted, snared, knocked away and stunned.

It might occur to you, that there are people around who actually manage to play a ranged class and do know how to use CCs on you. Those people won't die, even during a 5.5 second stun, and are really hard to kill. Of course if you count the leveling people in green gear or in my case the fresh 50s, they'll die easily due to the gear difference. On equal gear, any ranged class should be able to hold an operative at range quite long enough to get away or to even kite them to death.

Besides screenshots don't tell much. They don't take into account how any match went. I can have 400k damage in a huttball and lose it 0:6 and have just 100k damage and win 2:0 and still have done the most important thing in rupting the healer those 5-6 seconds when our team went for the ball carrier. If you want to be top DD/tank/heal whatever, you can relatively easy manage to do that. If that really helps the team is another matter. And stuff that l2p elsewhere.

Anyways you're missing the point. What I said was that some classes - especially operatives - rely much more on criticals than others because their sustained dps compared to survivability is pretty low. The primary defense is not being noticed which in turn requires you to kill your targets quickly enough to be able to restealth - either that or you have to abort. The time the target survives is prolonged a lot by just removing a little damage - and that hurts operatives more than any other class.

Edited by rainbow

Can we at least bring the 5k damage/healing medals down to 4k now? I don't see 5k being possible at all anymore, I could barely get it while blowing everything on an undergeared player before this nerf as a mostly battlemaster geared deception assassin.

Sorry to destroy your world... but that is nothing impressive at all. Its just standard / mid range. Every class can do that with easy.

Nothing impressive, I thought everyone was complaining about sorcs and mercs dominating low levels ... It must be the other forums I was thinking about.

And here is what happens if a BH/Trooper comes into a WZ compared to your (our) laughable dmg. Trust me, ops/scounds ARE good before lvl50 without exp etc. it turns around 180° if you are fighting only good geared with exp on their gear and lvl50 ofc.

http://i.imgur.com/wzlCZ.jpg <- just look at it and start to feel useless.

I'll tell you how it goes when I get to 50. I don't think much will change except I will endure 2 weeks of hell gearing up. If I should encounter something different, I'll write an article about it. Also 600k is nothing.

Here's an idea, prove to me mathematically how this statement is even remotely true. All dps classes use surge. That 600k bounty hunter damage screen shot you just linked .. SURGE ... yup he was stacking surge ... shocking I know. In fact because all dps (and healing) classes were using it profusely, they nerfed it ... go figure.

Here's another idea ... if BH's do 600k damage and you average 400k. The nerf affects them more :rolleyes:. Simple math.

Maybe you can't, my guildies and I consider mercs and sorc free kills.

Edited by Orangerascal

I went from 89 to 77, I dropped out 2 surge mods cause the gain past 75% is atrocious with Diminishing returns. I popped in some Accuracy/Power Enchancements instead.

Slight Nerf, but really, My damage on my Powertech was pretty absurd.

I also went from 89 to 77, and I also swapped out two mods for accuracy/power to bring me to 75%. Havent had a chance to test it yet.

I don't know why people think you shouldn't need to stack it now...

Even with diminishing returns, it's still so much more useful for many classes than anything else. I guess if it's really bad over 75 then we'll mix in some power too. I don't mind this change so much if it compels us to do this because right now, gear choice is so obviously easy to just go crit surge... Makes it kinda boring IMO.

Edited by kalexkhan