Give me a legitimate reason to NOT have a LFD tool.

EvilTrollGuy

I haven't played WoW in years. Cross-server, random didn't suck for me. I had no issues and if it hadn't been for the tool I probably would have quit WoW sooner.

I literally cannot remember any real negative experience using the tool in WoW. I'm sure there were some but my overwhelming experience was positive.

How in the hell did you guys have such a bad time with it? Well, it is actually clear from your nonsense. Lowest common denominator indeed.

they didn't have a bad time with it. Most of the people who complain never even used it. They are usually the ones in higher level guilds with people who play the game regularly and without any interruptions. I am not judging but it tends to be younger teenagers and 20somethings without a ton of responsibility.

They got very upset when they couldn't lord their gear scores over people like me anymore.

Before LFD I was unable to group. It wasn't fair to people I'd group with so I chose not to do it, which meant I did not have top level gear, or even close. I chose to NOT be a jerk and not group since I often have to leave groups to attend to work or the family.

When LFD came out it allowed me to log on and immediately find a group, and if I did have to leave the group it was not a big deal for the group to queue back up and find a new player.

Except now I had a higher gear score and they couldnt lord their elitist attitudes over everyone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that are too stupid to figure out how to connect with other players for grouping are just smart enough to run that content with zero problems. Theres a contradiction in there somewhere.
The contradiction is only the result of your strawman...since noone is arguing about people who are too stupid to figure out how to connect with other players.

People that are too stupid to figure out how to connect with other players for grouping
Well, this is just poo flinging, and glosses over the many other reasons that someone may not be able to find a group in a reasonable amount time.

the issue isn't stupidity. Maybe it's shyness. Or maybe the person has no problems connecting with other people, but those other people aren't available at the moment (say, there's a schedule change or something like that)

are just smart enough to run that content with zero problems.
Social ability, or lack of it does not correlate to game skill or lack of it.

plenty of gamers are hopelessly socially inept, but good at the games themselves.

And its not speculation.
Yes, it is.

There's a mountain of observable evidence to reference, its just not wise to bring it up when you have an agenda to push and that evidence runs counter to it.
Feel free to present some evidence. Edited by ferroz

Pool of players might increase but the Tank and Healer pools will not as those two classes are less played by folks! Me personally I will never run a pug on my Consular Sage (healer) as I have pick of the litter on who i can be a "SNOOP" to when it comes to groups, I did this in FFXI, WoW, and will likely do so here to! As far as dps goes I wont have a problem there as i have a 150+ active member guild with on average during peek times with 40 or more on.

What I'm saying if I feel this way as a healer , then others surly are going to follow suit unless BW adds sometype of reward system for tanks/healers to que and that comes up to bring forth another problem, "DPS WILL FEEL CHEATED"!

who says they won't? In wow if there are a small amount of healers/tanks they offer an additional reward.

the WoW system made it undeniably clear that a LFD tool allows more people to play content than ever before(a large % of people never ran any heroics or even dungeons before LFD) and the time people spend finding a group was cut down drastically.(less than 5 minutes for dps to find a group in WoW atm)

Pool of players might increase but the Tank and Healer pools will not as those two classes are less played by folks! Me personally I will never run a pug on my Consular Sage (healer) as I have pick of the litter on who i can be a "SNOOP" to when it comes to groups, I did this in FFXI, WoW, and will likely do so here to! As far as dps goes I wont have a problem there as i have a 150+ active member guild with on average during peek times with 40 or more on.

What I'm saying if I feel this way as a healer , then others surly are going to follow suit unless BW adds sometype of reward system for tanks/healers to que and that comes up to bring forth another problem, "DPS WILL FEEL CHEATED"!

Level with me, is your suggestion that the majority of tanks and healers will boycott the system because they can.

And furthermore that the que will be longer then currently.

I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, because if so you couldn't be wrong in my experience if you tried. And that's not just because your speaking for everyone.

@whatshisface

You're wrong on everything and your post is a wall of pointless whiney name-calling.

If already said that we need much better options for group creation. I simply oppose random cross-server crap. There are far better options.

of course none of which you offered.

like all of your other posts you are just whining, again, because you cant lord your gear score over people since we'll all have the ability to get gear.

Your life of playing games and having the best gear scores and feeling superior to people are over and your just whiney about it. your so irrelevant now. Casuals can get the same gear you can now, poor baby.

they didn't have a bad time with it. Most of the people who complain never even used it. They are usually the ones in higher level guilds with people who play the game regularly and without any interruptions. I am not judging but it tends to be younger teenagers and 20somethings without a ton of responsibility.

They got very upset when they couldn't lord their gear scores over people like me anymore.

Before LFD I was unable to group. It wasn't fair to people I'd group with so I chose not to do it, which meant I did not have top level gear, or even close. I chose to NOT be a jerk and not group since I often have to leave groups to attend to work or the family.

When LFD came out it allowed me to log on and immediately find a group, and if I did have to leave the group it was not a big deal for the group to queue back up and find a new player.

Except now I had a higher gear score and they couldnt lord their elitist attitudes over everyone.

Before I go... I just want to say I'm sorry for that last post directed at you. I tossed some childishness back your way...

But I have a question for you... And for the other posters here...

If... and I'm saying IF.... There was a tool that allowed you to log in and find a group almost immediately and run content within a reasonable time frame, but it was not random or cross-server... Would you support it..?

Before I go... I just want to say I'm sorry for that last post directed at you. I tossed some childishness back your way...

If... and I'm saying IF.... There was a tool that allowed you to log in and find a group almost immediately and run content within a reasonable time frame, but it was not random or cross-server... Would you support it..?

let us pretend there is a tool like that - why does it matter if its cross-server or not then.

Keep in mind - we don't all play 24 hours a day. We don't all log on and have a friends list/guild with 50 people on it - I'm always in casual guilds with people who play with the same irregularity as I do.

You seem to be mad other people can run content and there are only a very few reasons you would be and all of them are selfish reasons.

Edited by Kaelshi

If you have a suggestion go ahead?

And so far all you've done is toss childishness around.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gear score's not the best ever anymore..........wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wow... That was about the lamest response I couldn't even imagine...

Anyone else care to try to answer...?

If there was a tool that allowed you to log in and get into content almost immediately, but it wasn't cross-server or random, would you support it..?

Pool of players might increase but the Tank and Healer pools will not as those two classes are less played by folks!
Maybe.

My dk was a tank during wotlk specifically because I got instant groups with him. Just the instant queue was enough of a perk; I didn't even need the stuff that they added later.

I switched focus to dps because we had a glut of tanks in guild, and since I really dug frost dps, I've stuck with it as my primary spec since.

If there was a tool that allowed you to log in and get into content almost immediately, but it wasn't cross-server or random, would you support it..?
I'd still prefer cross server and random. I like random pugs. I'm in favor of a full suite of cross server tools.

I see that you've given up on defending your random instant cross server tool = content nerfs claim.

Edited by ferroz

Already answered, but if your suggestion is a same server tool then no it wont help low pop servers or pub side anywhere.

And thus would not have my support.

I'm still waiting on your magic system please enlighten us.

I'd still prefer cross server and random.

And you've just outted your ulterior motives. Because you claim all along that you just want to be able to group and run content, but when it comes down to it, that's not really what you want, or you would support a tool that gave it to you.

who says they won't? In wow if there are a small amount of healers/tanks they offer an additional reward.

the WoW system made it undeniably clear that a LFD tool allows more people to play content than ever before(a large % of people never ran any heroics or even dungeons before LFD) and the time people spend finding a group was cut down drastically.(less than 5 minutes for dps to find a group in WoW atm)

Not sure why ppl had such a hard time in WoW or this easy game that BW called ToR to find a group granite be that when LFG/LFD does come out next will come that the content is too hard for pugs and they just don't have enough time to keep attempting fights.

Do i blame the player base for this no! Its a Monster created by blizzard they constantly nerfed instances to the point all you need to do now is stay in orgrimmar for BG's, Heroics, Raids, and Ect. This is a problem caused by the constant "Hamster Gear Wheel" a.k.a carrot on a stick.

I really dont care if they add LFG/LFD or not. others pay 15.00 to voice an opinion just like i have the right to voice one to.

sry to rant <(^-^)> <-----thats a taru!

And you've just outted your ulterior motives.
Ulterior motives?

Because you claim all along that you just want to be able to group and run content, but when it comes down to it, that's not really what you want, or you would support a tool that gave it to you.
That's not what I've claimed at all.

please quote where I claimed that.

Wow... That was about the lamest response I couldn't even imagine...

Anyone else care to try to answer...?

well I edited it.

You're also missing something that you're going to hate. There is a reason random is better.

Lets take one of your arguments. There were and are people in WoW and likely here, that are not good at raiding or grouping. That is absolutely true and without argument by anyone.

If you are doing something only in-server those people could easily be well known and get blacklisted for being bad. You, being a young player who has all sorts of time to play, would say they should get better at the game and deserve to be black listed.

Me being a older and more mature would say that even bad players should be able to experience content.

There is a line between ruining content with how bad someone is and making it harder but doable with a bad player.

Random x-server allows bad players to play content they would not be able to.

That is less important to me than casual players, but it still is a reason.

And you've just outted your ulterior motives. Because you claim all along that you just want to be able to group and run content, but when it comes down to it, that's not really what you want, or you would support a tool that gave it to you.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh, I had a feeling that was your ultimate "ploy"

Go ahead and give us your alternative now that you've had your fun.

I'm curious.

Not sure why ppl had such a hard time in WoW or this easy game that BW called ToR to find a group granite be that when LFG/LFD does come out next will come that the content is too hard for pugs and they just don't have enough time to keep attempting fights.

Do i blame the player base for this no! Its a Monster created by blizzard they constantly nerfed instances to the point all you need to do now is stay in orgrimmar for BG's, Heroics, Raids, and Ect. This is a problem caused by the constant "Hamster Gear Wheel" a.k.a carrot on a stick.

I really dont care if they add LFG/LFD or not. others pay 15.00 to voice an opinion just like i have the right to voice one to.

sry to rant <(^-^)> <-----thats a taru!

ok - it doesn't matter if you understand it or not. This nerfing instances is incorrect btw - as I stated, the luck of the draw buff(which caused the cata "nerf") did not even work the first 4 months, it was not applying even though it said it was.

Did you even play WoW?

I'm sorry but I have to laugh, I had a feeling that was your ultimate "ploy"

Go ahead and give us your alternative now that you've had your fun.

I'm curious.

he doesn't have one. :( he is just one of those guys who determines his worth on his gear score and with an LFD tool, like happened in WoW, casual players like myself can get better gear scores. We still cant get the best if we dont do the non-lfd content, but we can get closer.

It was a matter of pride for guys like this when they could run heroics regularly and others could not.

I never pull this card - but they are just mad.

So what about this?

Step 1) Set yourself as LFG for whatever (heroics, FPS etc) and state your role and class (well the UI can just show your class).

Step 2a) Look at the list and pick people and invite them. Can send them tells before hand if you like.

or

Step 2b) Hit the random button and get 3 random people.

Step 3) kill stuff.

Note: A check box to show just your server or all servers on the list.

This seems to have options for everyone, yes?

Edited by harpuax

Level with me, is your suggestion that the majority of tanks and healers will boycott the system because they can.

And furthermore that the que will be longer then currently.

I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, because if so you couldn't be wrong in my experience if you tried. And that's not just because your speaking for everyone.

no not boycott the system just alot of them are guilded and can pick and choose who run with alot of time. This is just me experiencing this in both Tank/Healz in all three games.

I'm not some elitist jerk or gear hog, its just a certain group i like to play with. Alot of Tanks/Healers are impatient and if dps isnt high enough or the grp is just plain sorry they will quit grp.

The contradiction is only the result of your strawman...since noone is arguing about people who are too stupid to figure out how to connect with other players.

Who is going to go on record and admit theyre too inadequate, for whatever reason, to find a group? No, they all pose as highly degree'd university professors, who, through no fault of their own, cannot find a group.

I believe in things like natural selection and being responsible for ones own experience in game. If you need a dev to come along and kiss it better for you because you can't, there is something wrong with you and even if it is something as mundane as a time issue, thats no ones fault but your own.

See, what no one is going to admit is the mass market narcissistic hedonist mmo player is just to weak to hold it down and needs to be guided by the nose through everything.