Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Giant maps...why?

Jalal

They are just way to big, particularly before you get a vehicle. What were they thinking. It's to big with to much space for no reason.

I think it's because Bioware hates you. I can't think of any other logical reason they didn't do as you wanted.

The better question is why and have a good reason, I don't think they had one here.

I'll use Vanilla WoW at launch I believe WoW had somewhere around 30 zones, I can't remember the exact number, some were really huge and as big as any planet. Stranglethron Vale was insane especially on a PvP server unfortunately in ToR you hardly ever see people of the opposite faction. Instead of having a bunch of planets that were smaller Bioware opted for much larger planets which unfortunately make it a pain to level another character since your forced to quest in the exact same progression as before.

So which WoW guild you guys belong to, and when did they post on your guild forums "Go bash SWTOR if u still subbed"?

I have not played WoW in years. Sorry you can't handle criticism of swtor without actually having a response that deals with it.

If you LOOK at the posts people are complaining that big empty zones = terrible MMO world. That heavily separated zones with artificial barriers and big empty expanses of nothing do not make a compelling game world.

I have not played WoW in years. Sorry you can't handle criticism of swtor without actually having a response that deals with it.

If you LOOK at the posts people are complaining that big empty zones = terrible MMO world. That heavily separated zones with artificial barriers and big empty expanses of nothing do not make a compelling game world.

Oh there is a simple response. BW clearly didn't want people feeling like they have to walk forever to get somewhere. They kept the maps tight. In fact, they really weren't innovative in that. WoW did it first (See Cataclysm).

Were they right? I remember SWG (although it was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away). Whole lot of nothing on those planets. Early days of WoW? Once you got a group together for SM, it would take forever for 2 ppl to get there to use summoning stone. Is BW wrong? I'm not ready to say that.

SWG was a sandbox /facepalm

...and...go back and read the OP's post again skippy

"They are just way to big, particularly before you get a vehicle. What were they thinking. It's to big with to much space for no reason. "

Their ya go...just in case you forgot which button to push to get back

This.

WoW kept things connected and fresh in the maps and the zones. The breadcrumbs quests.. everything just flows so nicely. Every zone was vastly different than the last, you have options of where you want to go to level.

This game is nothing but the same boring planets with the same boring world maps with the same linear quests and the exact same pulls everytime. So far offbase..

What version of WoW did you play, because in vanilla, there were quests everywhere, taking you to BFE and back.

Orbital stations and endless load screens to get from the fleet to a planet? If you want to show off your game in this case less would have been more... Just land my ship on the planet! Don't waste my time with these docking stations to grab a ship to the planet and even more load screens and wasted time...

I pulled this quote from a closed thread. This is a part of what makes them seem so big. What it is, is a pain in the arse.

Go from ship, to airlock, orbital station, run through orbital station, another ship, planet side. Hop a speeder or 5. Do dailies. Quick Travel. Ship, Orbital station, run back through orbital station, airlock, ship, go to republic fleet, airlock, fleet..... Oh Crap, I forgot to get my daily comm for that quest to seal the monster inside the door. I always forget that one! Dammit....

Fleet, Ship, Load, Airlock, Orbital, Run, Another Ship, Planet side, another speeder or 5. use MY speeder, fly to teleporter. teleport. use MY speeder again, fly across the tomb, turn in quest. Quick Tr..... Dammit, it hasn't CD'd yet. @#@#@. Fly back across the map, Teleporter, fly back to taxi. Take a taxi 5 stops. Oh let's not forget the taxi will come to a dead stop about halfway and double the time it takes. Ship, Orbital Station, Run Run Run Run Run.. Airlock, Ship. Change sectors, Fleet...... Guildie needs help on that same planet with the 4 man heroic.... Too Effin' bad.

Bleah, QUIT. Are you sure you want to quit? Hells yes, I just ran a marathon.

man, it's annoying just typing it, much less running through it all.

Edited by CriticalMasses

I pulled this quote from a closed thread. This is a part of what makes them seem so big. What it is, is a pain in the arse.

Go from ship, to airlock, orbital station, run through orbital station, another ship, planet side. Hop a speeder or 5. Do dailies. Quick Travel. Ship, Orbital station, run back through orbital station, airlock, ship, go to republic fleet, airlock, fleet..... Oh Crap, I forgot to get my daily comm for that quest to seal the monster inside the door. I always forget that one! Dammit....

Fleet, Ship, Load, Airlock, Orbital, Run, Another Ship, Planet side, another speeder or 5. use MY speeder, fly to teleporter. teleport. use MY speeder again, fly across the tomb, turn in quest. Quick Tr..... Dammit, it hasn't CD'd yet. @#@#@. Fly back across the map, Teleporter, fly back to taxi. Take a taxi 5 stops. Oh let's not forget the taxi will come to a dead stop about halfway and double the time it takes. Ship, Orbital Station, Run Run Run Run Run.. Airlock, Ship. Change sectors, Fleet...... Guildie needs help on that same planet with the 4 man heroic.... Too Effin' bad.

Bleah, QUIT. Are you sure you want to quit? Hells yes, I just ran a marathon.

LOL I agree, maybe they can actually add more use to orbital stations because they are pretty much increasing the loading time for no reason( for non-RPs ). Adding a few quest areas or different traveling options from these stations to another might make looking at boring loading screen for minutes a bit understandable.

You would hate FFXI... people do get spoiled by instant travel... man back in my day, you had to travel 10 mins just to get to the party, and there would be aggro and whatnot( in dungeons) and the quests.. omg go talk to this person wait 24 hours talk to another person, those were the days when patience was common. This game feels much more faster than that. (Old man rant over(Not really that old)) Edited by Seravie

It's perception. DCUO maps feel massive when you are a speedster or acrobat. but when you have supersonic flight, and can ascend far above them, they feel much smaller. WoW has flying mounts now in all of old Azeroth making them also seem smaller. As the level cap and modes of transport evolve in SWTOR, this will be a non issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.