The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Here they come, whiny juggs wielding nerf bat

maschovy

While it is true that the need for AOE threat is situational at best in endgame that doesn't really change the fact that it is a weakness and one not shared by all tanks. PT's/Vanguards can manage AOE aggro and aren't dropping from all the damage in nightmares. It might be minor but it does make pulls faster and easier for all involved so why is it ok that Juggs/Guardians are weak in this and others are not? Honestly though I hate to call nerf I actually prefer more difficult tanking with a need for CC's and kill orders and it seems that Sin/Shadow and Jugg/Guardian tanks are designed for that, it's just the PT/Vanguard tanks that have hefty AOE. If AOE isn't a benefit they should lose it right? Then the classes are well balanced and the content is still doable without being a cake walk.

Frankly it's BS. AOEing down trash is WAY faster than careful pulls. why not just bring a PT to AOE down the trash and finish faster?

I'm surprised it took this long. Juggs suck so it was only a matter of time before someone decided to break out that cliche phrase "While I hate to call for a nerf....".

I'm surprised it took this long. Juggs suck so it was only a matter of time before someone decided to break out that cliche phrase "While I hate to call for a nerf....".

A Juggernaut wielding a nerfbat would be more damaging than their current weapon anyway, I would know.

Im curious so.... what exactly do they want to nerf >.> DOA??? You can't seriously nerf that... You would also need to nerf the Sorc AoE, nerf also ravage which seems to be the equivalent for DOA for SW, only that its 30 secs cd and does more dps!!! Its our "awesome ability" upon which AP depends on to do anything "bursty" AND its the only AoE Pyrotech has beyond ED.

Now if you want to nerf flame sweep... go ahead I seriously don't care....

Juggs have one high-threat attack (and its single-target) on a 1 min CD.

Ravage is single target, and terrible DPS.

Just give juggs a talent deep in the tank tree that buffs the range of smash to the same range as DFA.

I am also a lvl 50 jugg reroll.

Im curious so.... what exactly do they want to nerf >.> DOA??? You can't seriously nerf that... You would also need to nerf the Sorc AoE, nerf also ravage which seems to be the equivalent for DOA for SW, only that its 30 secs cd and does more dps!!! Its our "awesome ability" upon which AP depends on to do anything "bursty" AND its the only AoE Pyrotech has beyond ED.

Now if you want to nerf flame sweep... go ahead I seriously don't care....

***? Flame sweep is an awesome skill for some builds. It's instant cast and is great to keep the other team from capping. Rocket jump into a crowd, pop a crit relic and adrenal then spam flame sweep a few times and you can rack up a lot of damage fast.

***? Flame sweep is an awesome skill for some builds. It's instant cast and is great to keep the other team from capping. Rocket jump into a crowd, pop a crit relic and adrenal then spam flame sweep a few times and you can rack up a lot of damage fast.

not to mention it also cost 25 heat to use :D also why use your relic and adrenal for flamesweep waste of proc if you ask me

Its by no means a waste.. my flame sweep crits everyone around me for 1.3k - 1.5k.. guaranteeing it crits on everything is deadly. Give me three or four enemies and that's almost 6k per GCD, fully tank specced!

as for the heat issue, this is how I flame sweep spam...

flame sweep, flame sweep, heat blast, flame sweep, flame sweep, ability that makes next flame sweep cost 0 heat, Vent Heat, flame sweep, flame sweep, heat blast, etc. (by this time tho one target is usually low enough to focus single target)

it's sustainable for a surprisingly long amount of time with proper heat management.

as for the OP.. BUFF JUGGS!!

Edited by Prolyfic