My 2 cents after playing since beta

TRONEON

Il try to make this short but this is basically a small review of how I see the game since beta, not sure il be playing much longer so feel free to ask for my stuff and flame as much as you like.

The game feels really empty and with a complete lack of decent community aswell. Even if your like me and watched every cut scene, play every single bit of content without skipping anything, you get bored of the game long before you get your first character to max level and it just feels like a long boring grindy single play game. Then add how clunky the game feels, there is almost no immersion and really bad client performance.

Crafting is pointless past lvl 49. PVP armor is the best in the game so everyone looks the same and is pushed into grinding hundreds of pvp matches at random chances of getting the best gear as endgame. The game mechanics are very poor, the way the game has been made to be so linear and driven for you, you dont feel like your playing a game or exploring an MMO world, you feel trapped, restricted and forced into a certain path.

Save your cash not worth spending any on swtor.

With the budget they used up to make this game I am shocked at the quality, they must of been spending all that money on crazy nights out or something because those millions did not go into swtor.

Rating 5/10.

Edited by TRONEON

I won't flame you, but disagree and give my counterpoint.

The game feels full to me. I see the same people in PvP and in Heroics, and have made many, many friends that way. Often we go into Warzones together and have a great time. And with my Guild, I always have someone to play with or chat with.

I haven't seen a bit of clunkiness, everything is smooth for me (but maybe that's because I have the right computer to play it?), andI get lost in the worlds.

Crafting is fun. I make money on it regularly, because there's plenty of people NOT at level 50 who want purple or blue armor pieces, or weapons, or schematics etc. After I hit 50, I will continue to make things and sell them - it's fun.

I don't feel forced down any particular path. But then again even if I did, I woudn't complain. This is NOT a sandbox game. Never claimed to be. This is not GTA4, this is not Skyrim, that's a different kind of game and you should go play it if that's what you want. MMO's are a bit more linear, but they have to be so that you can reach common goals with total strangers.

I feel they have put a lot of hard work, love and respect into this game, and I love every second of it. Although I will agree, it's not perfect and I can't wait to see minor improvements. But no game is perfect.

8 out of 10 is what I'd give it.

I never take seriously someone who joined in Nov 2011, lucky us, Star Wars fans and pc gamers in general that likes quality games, Swtor is here.

Nobody here will hear your crying, you can stay and construct a better community or just go away:)

Oh wow you have been playing since beta?!!?!?!?! That was like 3 months ago! We really need to listen to this person.

I have been playing republic and have a hard time finding groups. Community feels missing because its like a ghost town most of the time. Then i rolled an empire toon and I realized where all the players and fun was.

And again the fanatics respond negatively to a honest review of the game. His opinion is as valid as anyone's.

You guys know what he's saying is accurate, if you don't agree don't respond.

The community here is pretty close to receiving "Worst Community Award" soon. It's as if they break out in hives when someone posts criticism.

I never take seriously someone who joined in Nov 2011, lucky us, Star Wars fans and pc gamers in general that likes quality games, Swtor is here.

Nobody here will hear your crying, you can stay and construct a better community or just go away:)

Join dates are meaningless and people who base the credibility of others on them are..well, stupid.

Edited by Damarog

Honestly he is not being honest and is a troll. If he is telling the truth that means he must have played beta for a decent amount of time and still bought the game and enjoyed it and played a toon to max level. Yet... he is just now figuring out it sucks and is writing this "review". ok, believe him if you want.

And again the fanatics respond negatively to a honest review of the game. His opinion is as valid as anyone's.

Huh? So only people who agree with the op are allowed to contribute?

Not much of a 'discussion' is it then...

The game feels really empty and with a complete lack of decent community as well.

To say the community is lacking is an understatement. Coming from a LOTRO/WH/Aion/Rift background, I have to say that I have never seen a community full of more peeps that would rather cheat, exploit or take the easy way out of any and every scenario possible, than the players in this game.

It's just crazy. For some reason, SWTOR attracted a multitude of players that don't even really want to play the game at all. They just want pixel gear and epeen titles. And these players seize at every opportunity available to them to cheat or exploit their way to the pixels and epeen.

Now these peeps purchased the game and paid their sub so they can do what they want...I guess. But it's just bizarre to me that they don't even want to play the game as intended at all.

To say the community is lacking is an understatement. Coming from a LOTRO/WH/Aion/Rift background, I have to say that I have never seen a community full of more peeps that would rather cheat, exploit or take the easy way out of any and every scenario possible, than the players in this game.

It's just crazy. For some reason, SWTOR attracted a multitude of players that don't even really want to play the game at all. They just want pixel gear and epeen titles. And these players seize at every opportunity available to them to cheat or exploit their way to the pixels and epeen.

Now these peeps purchased the game and paid their sub so they can do what they want...I guess. But it's just bizarre to me that they don't even want to play the game as intended at all.

These are now the same people that complain there is nothing to do.

His opinion is as valid as anyone's - except those who don't agree?

What?

Yes we are a terrible community because we disagree with the Compensated hate machine.

Oh come now look at the respones:

I don't take these seriously based upon join date.

Who cares.

OP is obvious troll 5/10

He's not honest and is a troll

Bonus week at the astroturfing company (You can take credit for that one)

There is a difference between disagreeing and having the White-Knight-Defenders-of-SWTOR come in and post nonsense at the slightest of criticism meant to IMPROVE the game. As I said before this community is allergic to criticism.

Edited by DigitalDreamz

Well tbh most people are coming from another mmo.. In all fairness who wants to grind all those levels again? i certainly dont

His opinion is as valid as anyone's - except those who don't agree?

What?

Yeah, yeah..........I'm talking about those who attack someone's character, not the argument.

Big difference. By character I mean the personage of the poster.

Think about it, you'll get it.