Sages are the ultimate bad a**ses of SWTOR

Reevax

Sages don't look like much, they don't have flashy Sith armor and they don't have lightning but...

Don't turn your back on these un-assuming bad-asses because you will be on the forums crying for a nerf so fast.

A well played Sage is an unstoppable force for good and that's a fact.

Edited by Reevax

You have never faced a well played one or you would be crying for a nerf

My Sage got wiped by an Champion on a Tat Heroic 2+ that at the same level my sentinel probably could have solo'd though this was the first Champion she's had any trouble with. Sages are pretty squishy if you can hit them and that's why they try to keep oppoenents at a distance.

Edited by JerokTalram

I have to assume this is a joke post

Sages are a great class dont get me wrong, but they do not compare to their counterpart in a pvp environment and thats just fact sure the differences are slight on paper but in practice the differences are great

It is no secret why people flocked to empires side and why the most populated class is the sith sorcerer

I have to assume this is a joke post

Sages are a great class dont get me wrong, but they do not compare to their counterpart in a pvp environment and thats just fact sure the differences are slight on paper but in practice the differences are great

It is no secret why people flocked to empires side and why the most populated class is the sith sorcerer

Yeah, I've played both Sage and Sorc... the sorc is much easier in pvp, but I love my sage just because. Both are fun to play. Isn't that all that matters though? FUN TO PLAY?

Marauder can do most classes if you play it right.

The difference between a good sage and bad one is like night and day. Theres a few on my server who are just plain awesome, but there are plenty who are 4 or 5 hit material with my lolslam hybrid.

A well-played marauder should beat a well-played sage every time.

See, this kind of thing is exactly the opposite of true. The classes are made to be balanced enough that the skill of the person playing, along with the circumstances of each battle (who gets off the first shot, the distance at which battle is initiated, which skills are on cooldown, whether there is good LoS, who clicks a fraction of a second sooner) determine who wins. A well-played marauder will beat a well-played sage about half the time.

Granted, balance is never perfect, but it is good enough that these sort of blanket statements are full of fail.

I wont speak for other specs, but you'd have to be a bad Marauder to not be able to kill a Seer-based Sage. The skill curve is sadly weighted in favor of low skill curve classes that get virtually all their abilities as instants.

It's considerably an uphill battle playing a class/spec that relies on casting time abilities to be effective in the face of this. Bioware seems to realize that low skill players gravitate toward dps classes though and has made most of the dps builds require low skill to master.

I've noticed a few different people on this thread have pointed out that Sorcs are better at PvP than sages. I'm new to the game and was just wondering what the differences between the two mirror classes are. From looking at the skill trees and what not, it seems as though they should be identical with respect to their effectiveness. Edited by Zoryk

See, this kind of thing is exactly the opposite of true. The classes are made to be balanced enough that the skill of the person playing, along with the circumstances of each battle (who gets off the first shot, the distance at which battle is initiated, which skills are on cooldown, whether there is good LoS, who clicks a fraction of a second sooner) determine who wins. A well-played marauder will beat a well-played sage about half the time.

Granted, balance is never perfect, but it is good enough that these sort of blanket statements are full of fail.

And this is why I prefer to read the Sorcerer forums.

Game is balanced around 1v1? News to me. Probably news to the designers as well.

Edited by Abiza

I've noticed a few different people on this thread have pointed out that Sorcs are better at PvP than sages. I'm new to the game and was just wondering what the differences between the two mirror classes are. From looking at the skill trees and what not, it seems as though they should be identical with respect to their effectiveness.

Their exactly the same so don't let that get to you.