Most recruited class for OPS/HM's?

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to roll an ALT and was just wondering what you guys think were the most in demand class for Operations and hardmodes?

I was leaning towards a sniper as it seems like most people are looking for ranged dps's for these things, but wasn't so sure if that was the case with the recent nerf.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to roll an ALT and was just wondering what you guys think were the most in demand class for Operations and hardmodes?

I was leaning towards a sniper as it seems like most people are looking for ranged dps's for these things, but wasn't so sure if that was the case with the recent nerf.

Thanks!

Hands down healers. We are at our 4th 8 man and have hit a wall recruiting healers

Hands down healers. We are at our 4th 8 man and have hit a wall recruiting healers

I... wait, what?

I had such a tough time finding a spot as a healer sorc I had to roll dps to get groups for FP/OP's.

I'd say either a Sniper, or healers always a good bet.. usually can find a good guild and gear isn't AS important to a healer as to a DPS.

Just don't roll a tank or melee DPS. Everything else seems to be getting rave reviews.

If you go healer, most people would say sorc/sage. If you're good at healing, you could probably do any of the healers pretty well, but sorc/sage has a lot of utility that helps with weird mechanics.

Endgame seems to be oversaturated with tanks, unfortunately. Our guild is swimming in them. Most have rerolled DPS.

Just don't roll a tank or melee DPS. Everything else seems to be getting rave reviews.

If you go healer, most people would say sorc/sage. If you're good at healing, you could probably do any of the healers pretty well, but sorc/sage has a lot of utility that helps with weird mechanics.

Endgame seems to be oversaturated with tanks, unfortunately. Our guild is swimming in them. Most have rerolled DPS.

/agree my guild has WAY too many tanks.

to people who say dont roll melee dps after the game been out 2 month is crazy.

wait and see, you will see raid bosses which will use aoe ranged attacks and harassament sooner or later, but yes, atm melee dps sucks. but wait until bosses gets ranged focus in raids, you wanna be a melee then...

Edited by quezcotl

wait and see, you will see raid bosses which will use aoe ranged attacks and harassament sooner or later, but yes, atm melee dps sucks. but wait until bosses gets ranged focus in raids, you wanna be a melee then...

Unfortunately, since there isn't a minimum range requirement for ranged DPS, a ranged DPS can still do their damage perfectly well in melee range.

I know Bulwark has some attacks that punish ranged classes, but that's easily solvable by having them close in to melee range and do their attacks.

The unfortunate thing is that range dps can still do perfectly good damage in melee, melee can't do their damage at range.

Melee just needs something buffed. Damage output, survivability, something. There's a Jedi Sentinel in our raid group that we just can not keep up. He's always the first to die and he's in pretty good gear, too (mix of Tionese/Columi).

Clearly you're new to MMOs. Melee has always been, and always will be **** on in PVE. See WoW, Rift, ToR, WAR etc.

If you're going DPS, go ranged. If you want steady group invites, go healer. If you want to do both, go Sorc or Merc. One respec away from being useful and/or desired.