For your $15 on Feb 21, you will receive __________

Edgecase

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think dismissing Month 2 as insignificant would be a huge miscalculation. I've never played an MMO with such a substantial different between the leveling experience and the endgame experience.

SWTOR has, by far, the best leveling experience I've ever seen in an MMO.

SWTOR has, by far, the worst endgame experience I've ever seen in an MMO.

I think the Month 1 subcription numbers were in no way indicative of the long-term viability of this game. Most people were still in the middle of or just completing the leveling process, which is the strength of this game -- so strong numbers at that point make sense. However, more and more people are finishing the levelign process and making their way into the weakness of SWTOR. And I believe the subscription numbers will show that over the next month or two.

The sharp decline will happen. It's just going to take a couple months longer than most new MMOs because of SWTOR's very enjoyable leveling process.

I'm sure I'll get ripped, but my analysis is reasonable and, IMO, spot-on accurate.

lol.. does every MMO have these clowns on their board demanding new content every month?? or is it just this one?

I've been in quite a few... can't remember seeing quite so many before.

If you stop to think and consider what youre actually getting for the money you pay for, the OP isnt being a "clown". What did you think monthly fees were for, customer service?

Because every MMO release a ton of content for nerds that went balls to the wall and leveled in a week. A lot of people haven't gotten through Normal Eternity Vault yet. Why should they release content based on the top 5% of players that clear everything nearly instantly.

They released a new Flash-point in the first month. That's pretty good IMO. If you are really that bored, there are 8 different story lines that you can do...

Also I read somewhere that 1.2 was scheduled for April.

Yes, right, but weve already paid for all of that.

Edited by Achromatis

I'm pretty sure most of you don't have a clue how this works. You pay your $0.50/day for access to the service, period. What they do with that money is totally up to them, and we haven't "already paid for 1.2" *facepalm* You may be aware that games take money to develop BEFORE they're launched? And then there are taxes on their income? You haven't paid for squat. They'll break even in a few months or a year, and hopefully they'll keep the content and fixes coming... but your $15/month doesn't guarantee anything in that department.

If you don't like the way it is or will be according to the patch notes, LEAVE. You are entitled to nothing, and access to the service as it is is all your fee guarantees. That means any bugfixes or additional content are ICING ON THE CAKE that you should be glad to have. If somebody else is giving more icing that you'd rather have, please see yourself to the door... we'll see you back when the next load of icing comes our way.

It's resub time for people on the monthly plan. What should they expect to see for their $15 in the 30 days between Feb 21 and Mar 22?

The same thing I will see every re-sub date, a 30-31 day window of server availability to access the game.

It is in a developers best interests to continue to develop and update their MMO so as to provide new things for their players to do, fixes to existing bugs and improvements to overall game play.

I expect the developer of a MMO to continually work on doing those things.

And I understand that a portion of my, and everyone else's, monthly sub goes into that.

Just like a portion of the $20k you spend on a new car or the $3 you spend on a box of Keebler crackers, goes into R&D for their respective companies.

But I don't pigeon hole my expectations for the growth of the game into a month-by-month schedule that coincides with when I pay them another $15.

It is a super simple formula. My subscription equals $0.50/day. When I no longer am having $0.50 worth of fun in a day (or $3.50 worth of fun in a week), I will press cancel. And maybe I will return, maybe I won't. But, I know BioWare is working on improving the game and so long as I'm having fun with it, I'm here.

It seems odd that actually considering what one will receive in return for payment is considered entitlement by so many.

Are people suggesting that it would be better to simply insert money without thinking?

Edited by Edgecase

It seems odd that actually considering what one will receive in return for payment is considered entitlement by so many.

Are people suggesting that it would be better to simply insert money without thinking?

I think what people are trying to say is that it's unreasonable to expect new content every month, or every patch for that matter.

A lot of people think that Bioware can just whip up new content in 30 days that works and is bug free. That is highly unrealistic.

And the fact of the matter is, EVERY MMO works the same way, so it's not like it's something out of the ordinary.

Edited by itekazzawrrlic

I'm pretty sure most of you don't have a clue how this works. You pay your $0.50/day for access to the service, period. What they do with that money is totally up to them, and we haven't "already paid for 1.2" *facepalm* You may be aware that games take money to develop BEFORE they're launched? And then there are taxes on their income? You haven't paid for squat. They'll break even in a few months or a year, and hopefully they'll keep the content and fixes coming... but your $15/month doesn't guarantee anything in that department.

If you don't like the way it is or will be according to the patch notes, LEAVE. You are entitled to nothing, and access to the service as it is is all your fee guarantees. That means any bugfixes or additional content are ICING ON THE CAKE that you should be glad to have. If somebody else is giving more icing that you'd rather have, please see yourself to the door... we'll see you back when the next load of icing comes our way.

I doubt it, its just going to more vanilla icing. You'd think with all that money they are making we could get something other than the same ol vanilla.

ah well

Edited by Tic-

I doubt it, its just going to more vanilla icing. You'd think with all that money they are making we could get something other than the same ol vanilla.

ah well

5/10

Failure to comprehend what I actually wrote, and clumsy attempt to continue my metaphor. Not bad. Try harder, though, I've been trolled worse.

It's resub time for people on the monthly plan. What should they expect to see for their $15 in the 30 days between Feb 21 and Mar 22?

Keep in mind that 1.1.3 is scheduled for release on Feb 14, and a 1.1.4 is announced, so 1.2 certainly won't be hitting before the end of the month.

Alot of promises yet again with nothing substantial.

5/10

Failure to comprehend what I actually wrote, and clumsy attempt to continue my metaphor. Not bad. Try harder, though, I've been trolled worse.

I'm hardly trolling.

I just don't see anything coming with thier future content that makes me say "yea, i want to play that!"

I'd double my sub price for some "end game" i haven't seen 100 times in every "AAA" MMO thats been released in what seems the last 7 (?) years.

Edited by Tic-

Since Rift has a level 20 trial I played it this weekend with my fiance who wanted to learn how to play a MMO. Man I forgot how polished that game was and now is. (At launch it was alot better then tor)

I have decided to not resub this month and am very much leaning towards giving Rift another chance if the fiance gets into it (she seemed to have a lot of fun this weekend)

Maybe 1.2 and the legacy system will bring me back but with the glaring lack of common features that should be there at launch i have just had enough. Just my opinion and not flaming anyone else. If you are enjoying it have fun.

This makes me really sad D: I had such high hopes for you TOR! You were my brother i loved you!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/bigdan12/normal_revengeofthesith_241.jpg

Ill recieve access to the game servers and to my IA level 50. My wife will recieve access to the game servers and to her SI level 50 nothing more, nothing less as itwill be for yers to come with us.

We pay monthly and never look out statement except where it says

Pay off Balance

then a check is sent with the payoff balance and everything is good each month.

Edited by Darth_Grissom