Possible fix for the daily 3 WZ wins and/or WZ leavers

SkyCats

A suggestion on how to help not-so-hardcore players not to spend 'hours' queueing for WZs in order to complete the daily quest and not to abandon matches because of possible loss:

What we change:

• Change the daily WZ quest to count medals, not wins
  • Require ~30 medals awarded during WZs to complete the quest
  • Medals are counted only after the WZ match has finished (naturally)

What we gain:

• Even if you loose a game, you still get the medals which are counted for the quest
  • Abandon the WZ game and the medals won't be counted - leavers get nothing

Possible setback:

• People will be even more fixed on grinding for medals, not caring about the WZ's goals.

P.S. The hardcore variant is to still require the wins: 3 WZ wins + ~30 medals.

Update due to the criticism "for some classes it's harder to get the medals than for others":

Indeed, the medals system could be revamped or updated with the introduction of a separate class of medals, which are awarded for fulfilling the WZ's objectives:

• for scoring in Huttball
  • or making a pass which directly led to scoring (passed to the character which made no further passes but scored himself)
  • for capturing a turret in Alderan WZ (potentially works only once for each turret?)
  • for recapturing a turret (again, once per turret?)
  • for capturing/recapturing a turret which led to victory (there were no recaptures of turrets after this one, and this last one actually helped your team to win)
  • for planting/defusing a bomb on Voidstar (potentially awarded once or once per each tier of the doors?)
  • if your bomb blew up a door (and if blowing up that particular door already made your team the winner of the match)
  • for reaching the data core?
  • for winning Voidstar WZ in under 5 minutes?

And so on.. so only these special WZ-goal-related medals would count for the daily WZ quest..

Edited by SkyCats

fair idea, as you only get medals at endgame you leave you lose medals, while as you stay, you might lose but you can still complete the daily.

/signed

best idea ive seen today.

edit**

the thing i can see to counter the downside for farming medals could be, the raising the cap needed for medals per daily, and then make it so holding and winning a warzone grants medals as well, 5 per point objective, door, cannon, score in huttball,

this would counter that downside, and make the focus on getting medals by scoring, no?

Edited by ZielAkros

good effort, but the last thing warzones need, are even more people trying to medal hunt, rather than complete objectives.

everyones just needs to be thought how to win an objective, let them know how to do it, and they should start winning more.

medals need to be removed.

1. Opportunity for earning medals is not balanced. It's been said 1000 times already, but I get 9 medals, my healer gets 3.

2. Medals are not objective based. Do you really want to reward people who aren't helping the team win?

3. People would more more willing to accept a loss if their wins counted towards their daily/weekly more than half the time.

I could come up with more, but you get the idea. Nice try though.

Good effort but I do not think it will work. It will make people want to play healers even less and will just encourage medal hunting.

Medals hunting as in protecting healers and doing damage and defending?

Yeah that would really not help the team effort :rolleyes:

This is the worse idea ever.

Snipers/Marauders, Can't get protection medals nor healing medals if played legit.

Marauders can get the 75k one legitimately if they're Annihilation and well-geared. Not all the time, mind, but it's possible.

Not that your point isn't a good one, just saying we're not all baddies if we pop up with that medal :)

this would be an awesome idea if it went hand in hand with an update to the medal system. there needs to be more medals for healers and more medals for participating in the objectives. that way people would be trying to get those extra medals for doing the objectives if they wanted to do their daily faster

there is a thread with a ton of new medal ideas somewhere, ill see if i can find it and link it here

Actually I liked one of the other suggestions in the thread. 3 wins or 8 total matches. If they can have two separate completion conditions like that, then I'd be OK with that. I start getting frustrated when it starts taking 9+ matches to get my 3 wins. Sometimes you just have a bad day and your team doesn't do well.

P.S. The hardcore variant is to still require the wins: 3 WZ wins + ~30 medals.

Something like 6 games played AND ~30 medals would make it so you have to stay in the match, and actually play (not AFK) - think that would be a good solution.

IMO they have it as "wins" currently so you can't AFK your daily just by sitting in a PVP match until it's over.

Indeed, the medals system could be revamped or updated with the introduction of a separate class of medals, which are awarded for fulfilling the WZ's objectives:

• for scoring in Huttball
  • or making a pass which directly led to scoring (passed to the character which made no further passes but scored himself)
  • for capturing a turret in Alderan WZ (potentially works only once for each turret?)
  • for recapturing a turret (again, once per turret?)
  • for capturing/recapturing a turret which led to victory (there were no recaptures of turrets after this one, and this last one actually helped your team to win)
  • for planting/defusing a bomb on Voidstar (potentially awarded once or once per each tier of the doors?)
  • if your bomb blew up a door (and if blowing up that particular door already made your team the winner of the match)
  • for reaching the data core?
  • for winning Voidstar WZ in under 5 minutes?

And so on.. So only these special WZ-goal-related medals would count for the daily WZ quest..

3 Wins OR 8 Played is a win.

This. And it should be 8 WZ's COMPLETED.

I got kinda mad after a win I fought hard to get to complete my 2/3 daily and 8/9 weekly didn't count yesterday due to a bug... I had to fight six WZ's before I got another win.....

As long as there as bugs that kick people out of WZ's (i.e., the missing bikes in Civil War) then no, penalizing players for leaving a WZ through no fault of thier own is wrong.

Yeah, like taking too long to zone into Huttball, so you get kicked.

Force leaping through objects and appearing outside the entire warzone, force leaping and getting stuck inside objects, force leaping and not being able to move anywhere because invisible gates block you...Getting force pushed out of the zone...

The environment coding is almost as bad as WAR and WOW, where you could fall through the world, but I recall only WSG having holes through the world, AV and AB did not have them, or they were obscure enough that they weren't on the regular paths.

I like the medal idea, though I have the same reservations as others in more people would medal farm rather than win. Its not an easy issue to fix, I hate 5-0 Huttball medal farming no matter which side is doing it.

I do not think this would help too much with the leaving issue because when I am on the receiving end of an unstoppable Sith offensive, I am lucky to gather 5+ medals, sometimes getting as few as 3. If someone is used to getting 7 or 8+ medals a game, they may still decide that the game is not worth their time.

It has already been suggested, but perhaps adding bonus 'medals' for wins, just like you get bonus valor for a win will help stem the tide of medal farmers.

I like the combination each win equal bonus 10 medals and each loss equal bonus 5 medals if leave = 0 medals. 30 Medals = completion.

Add tiers of medals for damage done and healing done around the objectives of the game only.

Some changes I suggest is healing to team mates count self heals do not. Healing in the area or damage around objectives count of course include the ball carrier. This solves many issue add in capping scoring and assisting all count for medals as well.

Just my take elimination of self heals rewards would induce peeps to actually work together some what and having to do damage around the objectives would provide needed incentive as well. No gravy training or free lunches as much.

Edited by LordbishopX