Do Powertechs need an Excecute Ability?

toastmuffin

I posted a thread on PvP forum about how powertechs are the only non healing Advanced Class without an Execute and i got more trolls replying than answers.

From thread @ http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=295486

Sith Warriors get Vicious Throw as baseline.

Vicious Throw

Instant

Cooldown: 6s

Range: 10 m

Throws the main-hand lightsaber at a target, dealing 2383 - 2773 energy damage. Only usable on targets at or below 20% max health.

Snipers get Takedown.

Instant

Energy: 15

Cooldown: 12s

Range: 30 m

Attempts to take the target down with a single powerful shot that deals 3625 - 3889 weapon damage. Only usable on targets at or below 30% max health.

Sith Asassin get Assassinate.

Instant

Force: 25

Cooldown: 6s

Range: 4 m

Attempts to assassinate the target, dealing 2744 - 3047 weapon damage. Only usable on targets at or below 30% max health.

My opinion is that we need an execute since our only burst comes from a shared tree with a 15secs CD. Sure, TD+RS hits hard if both crits but we can only do it every 15secs.

I would like one as a tank I dont ever get my 2.5k damage medal this would be a way for me to get it.

Thats what i was talking about. We are the only tanks without execute. I hope if it does get implemented, it would clear all our heat like a dissipation move. It would help when it comes to moving on to the next target without being limited by heat.

AS a tank, you're not supposed to do damage. You want damage-you go pyro or pyro-hybrid and get to refresh your Rail Shot(which should have 90% arp) with other attacks.

So in short-Rail Shot, along with Thermal Detonator are your finishers, as they do more damage than other finishers, simply due to the fact that they ignore the armor.

Other tank classes get an execute. So why not PTs?

Sins get Assassinate, Juggs get Vicious Throw. Yeah, I know, Pyro gets a talent. But other specs would really use an execute too.

I was just playing my PT for a bit last night and was thinking this exact same thing. On my Sin, enemy drops below 30% and I will take a huge chunk out of his health, even if I don't kill them. With my Mara (gets the same execute as Jugg), they drop to 20% and I'll likely finish them off there and then. But on a PT I have to keep crunching them down until they crumble, all the way.

Execute would be nice.

I also think it will go great with the bounty hunter theme we are killers so we should have an excecute, But I would rather get a god mode cool down like juggs get rather then this.

They really need to make a new skill at the top of the sheild tech tree because heat blast is a joke and a half. they need to put something sexy up there like an excecute or a damage reducer

Don't we technically have an execute ability?

Burnout in Pyrotech tree

30% more damage with Incendiary missile & Combustible Gas Cylinder DoT on targets below 30% max health.

Those 2 DoT effects combined do slightly less damage, than Assassinate, but they are elemental damage so that make it the same after armor.

However you have to spec heavily into the pyrotech tree to get burnout... Not to mention be limited to the combustible cylinder.

Edited by System_Crush

But we're not all Pyrotech. Other classes get execute regardless of their spec. Or are you gonna tell me that a Jugg AOE critting for nearly 6k with Smash alone needs an execute?

doesnt matter really, AP doesnt crit as high but as far as sustained DPS go its on par with Pyro, so doesnt need it either.

And as for ST...well, its a tanking tree...if your PvEing your job is to hold aggro so dont need execute, if your PvPing your gonna go hybrid anyway and were back to pyro or AP.

just because another class has ability XY that would find a PT doesnt mean we need it.

imo powertech is perfectly fine the way it is...

and a jugg doesnt crit for 6k on his AoE just like that, they have to build up to it.

AS a tank, you're not supposed to do damage. You want damage-you go pyro or pyro-hybrid and get to refresh your Rail Shot(which should have 90% arp) with other attacks.

So in short-Rail Shot, along with Thermal Detonator are your finishers, as they do more damage than other finishers, simply due to the fact that they ignore the armor.

As for as I know neither TD (Kinetic DMG) nor Rail Shot (White DMG) ignore armor completely. (Im not sure if the railshot talented does ignore armor completely tho.)

Rail shot may ignore 90% of armor with talents, but thermal detonator is kinetic damage, and does not ignore armor at all.

I hate it when people post inaccurate info.

I'd feel a little OP with an execute. Especially as a pyro. Incendiary-TD-Rail-Rocket-Rail(FB)-execute. Dead anything with some crits in only a few seconds.

Pyros can already wreck people but it takes some luck to do it real quick, adding a big consistent burst to finish people off just seems unfair. Instead of getting lucky with another rail proc to take someone down fast you could do it almost every time.

Maybe give something to deep shield only like some bonus damage (would have to be deep enough to not stack with the pyro bonus).