Is this intended? black-red saber on republic

SunwindIon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think those color crystals are light/dark locked.

okay let me clear up any confusion.

black-red is EMPIRE only

black-blue is REPUBLIC only

at least, until now. aside from cheating or using a glitch I don't know how someone can obtain both on one faction, that is why i'm bringing it to everyones attention.

Don't crystals say "forbidden to dak/light I and above"? So if your neither you can carry either color.

again, people missing the point entirely. it is supposed to be impossible to even *obtain* the other factions crystal, this isn't about them being able to USE it, they don't have any restrictions on them at all. The issue is that there is no way to obtain a black-core-red crystal or lightsaber on the republic side, and vice versa for the empire side.

Pretty sure that if you got the collectors edition then you should have access to it all

what? no. see above.

Edited by SunwindIon

Probably guess its a glitch, but the last time someone got a crystal they weren't supposed to have BW came out and flat accused the guy of cheating and removed it.

Not even sure what your talking about with the collectors edition rabble, it gave no access to any other crystals nor does it effect how items respond to your faction/alignment.

I'm gonna say bug/glitch/photoshop for now but who's to say its not a NM drop or something. The game is so young it could well be a drop from somewhere.

I have the Black/Red battlemaster saber and it says nothing about requires x class or x alignment. It just simply requires you to be able to wield a lightsaber.

Edited by JohraTon

Found this on a google search, you're right no restriction but they do have battlemaster in common.

Black Blue - Republic Rakata Gear and Battlemaster PvP vendors (Non-Removable on Battlemaster)

Black Red - Empire Rakata Gear and Battlemaster PvP vendors (Non-Removable on Battlemaster)

so from what i've gathered so far he has either used a glitch to get on the imperial station and purchase the black-red lightsaber from either the rakata or PVP vendor, or like the guy with the white lightsaber crystal that got banned, he contacted the GM support and told them to change a weapon he bought by mistake and they gave him the wrong one in return. APPARENTLY this is quite common..

either way this isn't "legit" and I think bioware ought to do something about it

Edited by SunwindIon

I know what happened.

Happened to me with my BH. Started off with the default red crystals in my blaster, but I decided to go light side. Didn't get a chance to upgrade my crystals for a good long time, was at lvl 25 before I found a new red crystal to use.

BUT

when i popped out my crappy old red crystal to put my new red crystal in, it wouldn't let me! Then I was stuck with NO Crystals in my blaster because I was a light side BH. A very nice person made me some blue crystals and sent them to me.

However I had just recently gotten a new orange blaster that by default had a good level red crystal in it, and i could use it no problem.

Thus my dual blasters have one red crystal and one blue crystal, looks pretty awesome when I fire.

I'm assuming it was something like this. Most likely the crystal was already attatched when he or she got the saber, or they put it in before they reached the point on the light/dark side scale where it would forbid certain crystals to you.

So say he/she's a light side char, when she pops out that red crystal, she won't be able to put it back in. It will go "dim", and say it's forbidden to lightside 1 and above or whatever it says.

Hope I helped clear up any confusion. Pretty sure this is what it is

If you could get a lightsaber with the purple crystal ALREADY inside of it, whether it's mailed or what not, maybe you could use it then? (I have no idea if you can even mail from empire to republic, or any of that, just theorizing on this part)

Edited by mavsynchroid

I know what happened.

Happened to me with my BH. Started off with the default red crystals in my blaster, but I decided to go light side. Didn't get a chance to upgrade my crystals for a good long time, was at lvl 25 before I found a new red crystal to use.

BUT

when i popped out my crappy old red crystal to put my new red crystal in, it wouldn't let me! Then I was stuck with NO Crystals in my blaster because I was a light side BH. A very nice person made me some blue crystals and sent them to me.

However I had just recently gotten a new orange blaster that by default had a good level red crystal in it, and i could use it no problem.

Thus my dual blasters have one red crystal and one blue crystal, looks pretty awesome when I fire.

I'm assuming it was something like this. Most likely the crystal was already attatched when he or she got the saber, or they put it in before they reached the point on the light/dark side scale where it would forbid certain crystals to you.

please pay attention to other posts before you reply, if you had, you would know that this isn't the case, these are not the standard blue and red crystals, these are the BLACK-CORE end-game PVP and PVE crystals which (should be) unique to each faction.

Edited by SunwindIon

seriously though, WHY are purple sabers imperial only right now? I bet it's because all the developers play imp side.

No idea, makes no sense to me and annoys me further as I'd have preferred the Cyan :p

Sith you ran into on the KOTOR games often had purple too, its like BW writers think because its closer to red than most other colours than its obviously a sith colour.

At the end of the day I really hope this is a bug or a glitch, the last thing we need are more black core sabers.

No idea, makes no sense to me and annoys me further as I'd have preferred the Cyan :p

Sith you ran into on the KOTOR games often had purple too, its like BW writers think because its closer to red than most other colours than its obviously a sith colour.

At the end of the day I really hope this is a bug or a glitch, the last thing we need are more black core sabers.

did kotor come out before/after mace windu had his purple saber in the movie? I actually never played it so I have no idea when it came out, but it's probably because they're going from what was in KOTOR.

please pay attention to other posts before you reply, if you had, you would know that this isn't the case, these are not the standard blue and red crystals, these are the BLACK-CORE end-game PVP and PVE crystals which (should be) unique to each faction.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Who's hurt!?!?... Wait.. no one?... Everyone's ok?.....

Oh.. well in that case relax. Don't need to be spoken down to for making a simple mistake.