how effective is Support Cylinder + Rapid Shots?

aaronrous

While it might not seem like much at low levels, at 50 it becomes a huge part of keeping SCG up as often as you can, or need.

That is the really beauty of it. While doing HM/OPs I keep people topped off here and there with it....I get in the rapid shot zone where Im just spaced out shooting people in the face :)

Crits from Rapid Shots also apply Critical Reaction, and since RS seems to crit more often because it hits more than once, we can basically keep Critical Reaction up at all times.

So in all the benefits are:

-Free sppot Healing, giving us time to reduce heat while minimizing damage taken.

-Constant 5% Alacrity increase

-Build CSC while healing or damaging with this ability.

The only downside is we can't shoot ourselves in the foot so we have to annoy our group/raid members with green bullets to the face.

The only downside is we can't shoot ourselves in the foot so we have to annoy our group/raid members with green bullets to the face.

It really freaks some teammates when you're shooting them with green bullets, then unload a ton of Kolto on them ;)

is it decent for healing here and there at higher levels? at level 15 it seems like more of an amusement skill than a usefull skill..

the more power, the better it works, my guild BH BG is 1k heals without crits, up to 2k if a couple crits sneak in.

the more power, the better it works, my guild BH BG is 1k heals without crits, up to 2k if a couple crits sneak in.

What are his stats? I am half champion/battlemaster gear, and mines are like 160*3~500 (I am a commando). That is a big gap.

Edited by germil

What are his stats? I am half champion/battlemaster gear, and mines are like 160*3~500 (I am a commando). That is a big gap.

no idea on his stats, he is relatively ignoring crits, alacrity/power are his things ... he is in columi mostly, not much of a pvper.

Can't believe no one has mentions this...but its castable ON THE MOVE.

Its great to keep healing your tank while running from an aoe or repositoning. Its not a bad heal if you factor in it casts quick. And its free...Primary i heal with it as much as i can and top of with rs/hs as needed. The advantage is, i always have the gas charges i need when **** hits the fan and my heat is almost always at zero.

While it might not seem like much at low levels, at 50 it becomes a huge part of keeping SCG up as often as you can, or need.

That is the really beauty of it. While doing HM/OPs I keep people topped off here and there with it....I get in the rapid shot zone where Im just spaced out shooting people in the face :)

This, also using it to top people off rather than using a heat costing ability is key. If im not topping someone off then im getting supercharge ready for use with it.

Huh? I am 500+ bonus healing with stims with a 40% tech crit, 85% surge and best I can to is 175 and 350 on crits. I would really like to know how you can do 1k on regular. Do tell.

I have 2 pieces Columni (plus belt and bracer) and 2 piece Tionese

Edit:

Ok reread it , 1 k total ...n/m

Edited by Brakner

Rapid shots NEEDS to be buffed in some way, either add one more tick or allow it to have a higher modifier from + healing. It's so weak and negligible unless ALL THREE ticks crit. Either buff rapid shot healing or allow it to reduce heat on chance.

Huh? I am 500+ bonus healing with stims with a 40% tech crit, 85% surge and best I can to is 175 and 350 on crits. I would really like to know how you can do 1k on regular. Do tell.

I have 2 pieces Columni (plus belt and bracer) and 2 piece Tionese

Edit:

Ok reread it , 1 k total ...n/m

I am FULL arsenal specced and last night on HM SOA i was rapid shotting the tank for 185 and crits were like 380 or so and my surge was only around 75 ... dont ask me how or why, but i do have a lot of power stacked (not in game so cannot quote)... phase two lightning was moving the healers too much so they had me change cylinders and spam heal the tank while running around because phase two has no rage timer.

this is an arsenal spec we are talking about here.......

so i guess that is a huh? right back at ya :)

I'm in half champ (both guns) and the rest is non-rakata purples. I hit for 180s with 320ish crits. My surge could get better, but that'll only get me up to 350 at most.

What some people forget is things like kolto missile providing 10% healing buff, the 3% gain from 30 CSC, and that classes can spec to receive more healing. Merc can spec to receive something like 10% more base healing through skills. Though, all this will still not amount to a 500 single crit on rapid shots; low 400s maybe, with stims/relic/adrenals.

The world is flat. Now that you've read it, it must be true. Feel free to pass this bad fact on too.

As for RS, I prefer to think of it as a free HoT I can keep ticking when I have nothing better to do.

A HOT that uses a GCD though and barely healing anything.

And yet when you're running and not using your GCDs anyway...

If i'm running, Kolto missile would be more efficient actually, still makes rapid shots useless other than building SCG.

I'd rather they remove rapid shots, and instead increase our heal amounts a bit more and have lower heat tbh. Every class can heal well when the content is easy, how you judge a good healing class is when things get tough.

Sorcs have shield, and a no target limit AoE. Mercs have a ****** 3 target AoE, and only ONE instant cast spell thats even higher cooldown than the TWO that sorcs get, preposterous to be honest, and we don't even have a bubble. Try AoE healing as a merc when your 8 person op is taking damage, you'll see how frustrating it is.

Either that, or healing scan cooldown needs to be lower so that we can take advantage of the healing scan > rapid scan rotation more, or lower the cooldown on emergency scan. I don't see why our instant heal has to be on a 21 second cooldown while its 9-15 seconds for sorcs.

Edited by archzai