Keyboard Turners/Clickers

Dimgick

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow look at all the elitist nerds in this thread.

so much win!

ps i turn with my mouse and have just about every key on my keyboard bound to an ability, but that doesn't make me better than anyone who likes to turn with their keyboards and click on their abilities.

grow up

Sure it does, you run circles around them. Unless you just suck period.

But thanks for calling me an Elitest nerd. I feel special, and obviously better than you cause im an Elitest.

Sure it does, you run circles around them.

Until they snare you and then you can't do that anymore and then you don't know how to fight.

That is what we are talking about, there is no such thing as the "Alpha Strat" when it comes to MMORPG PVP.

It is all about countering strategies and such, that is the point of it all.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

Until they snare you and then you can't do that anymore and then you don't know how to fight.

That is what we are talking about, there is no such thing as the "Alpha Strat" when it comes to MMORPG PVP.

It is all about countering strategies and such, that is the point of it all.

Is this your first mmo? Cause ya turner vs mouse is like Keyboard+Mouse Vs Controller for fps, Its a drastic difference. Ever see a stealther class preform at high ratings as a turner? Ya dont think so bro. Its all about reaction time, time you DONT have while you wait for your avatar to rotate to face your target.

As for "snare" strafing still moves faster to face then turning, and dont even get me started on backpeddleing. But hey be bad all you want, easy kills for me mang.

Edited by MastaGigs

I currently use the mouse, but I would rather keyboard move, as I am much more comfortable and proficient that way. Unfortunately, there are way too many keyboard locking bugs that prevent my proficient style, so until Bioware fixes the bugs, the inefficient mouse use is the only way to go.

And that isn't even mentioning the camera distance issues that need to be worked out either.

Edited by olagaton

Had a hilarious kill with my operative:

Attacked someone who decided to get me out from behind them by running backwards at me causing me to also run backwards, in front of them, while hacking away with my knife attacks.

It was only going to end one way..

Not really.

A smart keyboard turner knows that his opponents lack real skill and instead focus on trying to use LOS to gain an advantage. A smart keyboard turner knows how to nullify this advantage. While most mouse turners are actually dependent on that advantage and if you remove it from them they become mediocre players at best.

I use my mouse, but I use the same tactic that keyboard turners do when I face one of those more mediocre players who try to run around you and such.

I hit number 6 on my razer mouse.

Aka Leg Slash.

Oops. You can't LoS me anymore. You suddenly don't know how to play. Then you become easy pickings.

Wow that was a great story about how awesome you are and how people who use mouse for movement arent very skilled or something. Okay if im being honest none of it made any sense at all except for all the bits where you were fellating yourself.

Using mouse plus strafe keys is pretty clearly the most efficient way of interfacing with mmos, considering the ridiculous necessity of keyboard/mouse in the first place. Can keyboard turners perform on par with mousers, what with all thos autofacing business?

Probably. But that keyboard-only ninja would be just that much better if he made the switch to mouse/strafe.

I love back pedalers. As opposed to back peddlers. I already have a back. i dont need another one, and definitely not from some peddler guy.

Also, to stay on topic. The reason for all the keyboard turning and clicking is simple.

Star Wars brings non mmoers in. Non mmoers obviously have no clue how to keybind and move properly.

Making matters worse, just like in every other mmo, the tutorial teaches the player to use wasd! I had to retrain my friend who had never played an mmo and logically followed the tutorial. She could barely move her character properly with wasd but had no problems once i explained mouse movement. I will never understand why mmos come with a horribly inefficient default interface.

But im one of those weirdos who would just rather use a controller. At least i was til i got my trackball.

Edited by maticlandarr

Non mmoers obviously have no clue how to keybind and move properly.

Nice snob attitude there. I don't agree that keybinding is the ONLY correct way to play, and if you don't you are not doing it "properly".

I rebound A and D into strafes, so I don't keyboard turn anymore... too much of a hassle, but I don't see the problem with backpedaling. In fact, every time I see someone ask about it, the snobs just "lol" without actually saying why people like me are going to hell for back pedaling.

I was told I needed to rebind S into something else, because if I backpedal I am "doing it wrong".

I found it made my playing much much worse. There were so many times when it would be easier just to take two steps back, instead of completely spinning my camera 180*.

As for that whole PVP argument, I've never had that problem. Maybe it is my class. I get one of you Sith Marauders that thinks he is some kind of carousel, spinning around me and circle strafing and all I have to do is hit Freezing Force and start backpedaling. Bam. You are now 100% in front of me, for the rest of the entire fight.

I'll keyboard turn, hit the "s" key like a boss, click all my moves, and I'll still beat you.

lol! Funny thing he is probably right. The only guys that brag about rebinding their keys are mostly forum keyboard warriors anyway. The good players will beat you in game and not have to brag about their 'skilz' here on forums.

Nice judgemental attitude back at you. Way to project your own hang ups about "snobs" onto my post. Non mmo players ARE clueless as to smart movement and keybinds, especially in pvp. It doesnt make them lesser people. I didnt go there. You did.

Backpedaling is generally foolish because it limits your mobility and allows people to get your back. Keybinding is not the "only way" just the "smart way.

Stop being so sensitive. People telling you youre "doing it wrong" are usually just trying to help you.

Also the use of the word "bam" to punctuate your statements just isnt working for me. Especially when youre using it to demonstrate how awesome you are at backpedaling.

A lot of this is moot though due to all the autofacing abilities. Also thiz is the last effing time i post from my effing bionic. Screw virtual touch keyboards. This **** just rook a damn hour to write.

Nice snob attitude there. I don't agree that keybinding is the ONLY correct way to play, and if you don't you are not doing it "properly".

I rebound A and D into strafes, so I don't keyboard turn anymore... too much of a hassle, but I don't see the problem with backpedaling. In fact, every time I see someone ask about it, the snobs just "lol" without actually saying why people like me are going to hell for back pedaling.

I was told I needed to rebind S into something else, because if I backpedal I am "doing it wrong".

I found it made my playing much much worse. There were so many times when it would be easier just to take two steps back, instead of completely spinning my camera 180*.

As for that whole PVP argument, I've never had that problem. Maybe it is my class. I get one of you Sith Marauders that thinks he is some kind of carousel, spinning around me and circle strafing and all I have to do is hit Freezing Force and start backpedaling. Bam. You are now 100% in front of me, for the rest of the entire fight.

I've seen an... almost impressive amount of back-peddlers as well. When strafe kiting is VERY effective here. I can be at almost a complete 90 degree angle and still use abilities on people if I'm playing a caster.

I've seen backpeddlers post livestreams, with people actually watching them and thinking that's good PVP gameplay. Please keep that up by the way, we really need more S-Keying, keyboard turning clickers in this game. That should improve the PVP quite a bit. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the name Skey is taken on my server.

EDIT:

Also, S-keying vs clicking vs keyboard turning isn't a matter of playstyle (which is my favorite argument by the way). It's simply wrong/bad in a PVP environment, and even in a high end PVE environment.

I'd wager that half or more of the "nerf x class" posts are made by people that play like this. Not to say that class balance isn't important, but to ever make a nerf call when playing this way is asinine. People that can't even play their own class to its full potential have no business claiming that anything is UP, OP or just right.

Edited by Tenthletter

A gamer criticizing someone for being a keyboard turner is like a comedian saying "what's the deal with airplane food?" It's lame and incredibly stale. That joke played out years ago. Parroting what others have said ad nauseum doesn't make you special.

Because most of the good players have already left and the rest are about to =)

lol, I love this comment, I see it in every single MMO there is. It's like, you think you are among those "best" so you think you are entitled to say what you did. It's a fricken game...it is only possible to be so good at something that requires you to click click click and mod mod mod and gear gear gear.

silly

A gamer criticizing someone for being a keyboard turner is like a comedian saying "what's the deal with airplane food?" It's lame and incredibly stale. That joke played out years ago. Parroting what others have said ad nauseum doesn't make you special.

It's nothing like that at all actually.

In my experience, people who defend clicking or keyboard turning or backpeddaling are simply not as good at this (or any) game compared to people who strafe, keybind and mouse turn. They're not as good because they simply CANNOT BE due to the lower reaction time and movement speed.

Play however you want to, I don't care, it's your $15. Just don't be surprised when people are reluctant to group with you or stereotype you as a "bad" because you're controlling your character in an inferior manner. Also don't be surprised when a lesser geared player beats you in PVP because they have faster reaction time and character movement.

Keyboard turning, S-keying and clicking are essentially a self imposed snare and GCD increase. There's nothing to argue, it's a fact.

Curious, at what angle do positioning abilities trigger in this game?

Would a defender strafing at 90 degrees allow an aggressor to trigger her positioning abilities?

"Back" stabs trigger anywhere in a 270 degree arc, basically its anywhere BUT directly in front of someone (and it may even be more than 270 degrees) so you have to keep facing an enemy directly in order to avoid the backstab mechanic.

basically that=thread as far as straiffing goes vs backpeddling.... lol at straiffers who must be "backstabbed" in their sides a lot....or just get butthurt when someone has the gall to move out of range and fight back ;)

Its more truthful to say the game has only one "positional" requirement to backstab... "be in range", than it is to say you need to be remotely close to someones "back" to backstab.

Try playing an operative/smugg or shadow/sin and youll see just how lax the requirement is.

Edited by blackadda