The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If SWG was still here...

Eszi

You can still play the original SWG. I'm not allowed on these forums to say how, but you all know what it is.

It's not a copyright violation or IP infringement either since the game is dead and the code abandonware and nobody is making money from it.

Edited by marshalleck

Yes I would be playing swg over tor. There realy isn't much to do in tor besides pvp and flashpoints theere is no real grinds. I miss hanging in cantenas with my spined rancor, mass pvp even with lag, decorating my house and helping the comunity out. In tor I hate helping anyone out unless on the same planet cuz of travel times. I could go on foreva but I won't.

I would still be playing if only for the JTL content.

I do so miss my TIE Opressor "Onslaught"

As for the ground game .. I lost most interest in it post-NGE

JTL was the only PVP I have truly enjoyed in a MMO. I really miss that about SWG. I also miss the ability to create house art from anything that dropped from creatures. I miss the GM events our guild used to set up every couple of months. Mostly though, I miss my X-Wing.

SWG was one of the most wonderful MMO's and the biggest failure and disappointment all at the same time.

It gave you the feeling of living in the SW universe. I was a Droid Engineer, didn't do combat, just got up every day, made some Droids and Flight Computers. Then went out to check my Harvester and Factory farms, took the goodies, started up new runs on the Factories and then made sure my Shop was fully stocked.

I was also the mayor of the town Arch Mesa on Bria, we were just outside of Mos Espa, in amongst the big stone arches. You may have visited us, probably bought an R2 unit off me at some point for your Xwing, or a Flight Computer for your Tie Fighter.

In my eyes, this is an MMO, an online world where the community makes the game. However the major flaws of SWG overshadowed everything else. The content was zero, ziltch, nada. They did Chapter 1: Cries of Alderaan and then promised more in the future continuing the story up to Empire Strikes back. It never happened.

Jump to Lightspeed gave it another year of life, as it was an inspired expansion. Literally a seperate game nicely tied into SWG.

Then the Combat Update came, and destroyed the economy as people were able to solo Rancor Nest missions with Doctor buffs which were originally meant to be a large group mission. The economy levelled out and all was well again. However still no content, then came the Prequel inspired expansions. Then the Force Village, where everybody could be a Jedi in a time when there were no Jedi left, or the few who were alive were in hiding. Then the dreaded New Game Enhancements, which were uncalled for, unwanted and far too little to late.

If Sony had of invested in the game from the start, we'd probably be on SWG2 now with a new engine, set in a time after the movies and progressing the story on with a couple of million players still subscribing. However they did not, they released it in a state which was pretty much Alpha, with zero content, but when it became apparent that the players formed a strong community on the servers, and played it very much like a second life, they just left us to it.

I miss the game dearly, I've tried the *cough* "flightless bird" and even going back to it, but it's not the same. :(

MMO's have moved on, SWTOR is a classic example of a current style MMO and I feel Bioware have done well capturing the era and the style as they did in KOTOR. I've been enjoying SWTOR immensely the Trooper story is fantastic, would I love to be able to have my own little house somewhere in a town of other players? Yes I would, will I ever get that in SWTOR? Probably not, stuff like just doesn't happen anymore. :(

Edited by Jenel

Once they get that "Large flightless bird from Australia" thing worked out, I will try to find some info on it and check back in to Galaxies.

I don't think I'll give this a proper go until they get all the crafting completely in place.

I don't think I'll give this a proper go until they get all the crafting completely in place.

I have no idea what state it is in right now. I have never tried it out. It would be nice for that occasional SWG fix though. On a side note, I probably bought my astromechs from you.

Simple answer. No, I would not play SWG.

I had already canceled early last year, got word the game was ending and stuck it out til its closure in December. I thoroughly enjoyed my five years in the SWG, but there wasn't anything in the game that remotely interested me that I hadn't already done. Still the best mmo I've played to date though.

@Jenel - Arch Mesa. Visited there a number of times, as Bria was my server of choice for a number of years. Good times.

Edited by Pirana

If I could play the SWG I knew and love, Pre-NGE SWG, I'd return in a heartbeat and never look back.

SWG is the only game that I feel like I had actual history in. I was a Bounty Hunter on the Starsider server. I was a founding member of the first Mos Vegas in SWG history. I was so proficient and hunting Jedi that I started a PA that could be hired by different PA's to take out bounties on opposing Jedi, and made quite a reputation for myself.

As much as I enjoy TOR, I feel like I have absolutely no mark on the game's landscape. In SWG I made a name for myself. In TOR, I'm just another name in the crowd.