Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give me a legitimate reason to NOT have a LFD tool.

EvilTrollGuy

I play SWTOR because I want to play SWTOR end of story. I didn't come here from any phobia of wow nor is that what SWTOR was advertised as or any mmo will ever be advetised as.

Why are trying to force us to play the way you want?, and a lfg system is not a hard locked feature of any mmo, it is the way mmo's work now. Given that a same server tool is already in the works and that the dev's have said they're interested in the idea of a cross server tool they agree.

I'm not forcing you to play my way, it's already like this. I've stated I play a game for what it is, I don't go trying to change it to be the way I want it. If what I like outweighs what I don't, I play it. I don't jump on the forums and go "game needs x so I can enjoy it more"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably is. I'm not much older than you (I'm 32) but I remember times when I knew my neighbors, I knew the local shop owners, and people were a heck of alot more friendly than they are nowadays. I don't know you personally so I couldn't say for sure but I'm willing to bet if you aren't living with your parents you have no idea who your neighbors are.

Likewise, I remember when I knew a good chunk of the playerbase on one server. Horde and Alliance. We had rivalries, whether it was guild pve or just pvp in general, we had the local tosspot who severely need a good old fashioned beatdown, we had great people who strived to make our server a welcome home to new players, we had deep thinkers or at least people who pawned themselves off as such and we had jokers.

That's just where the world is headed right now, at least that's what it's looking like - whether it's good or bad. Everything is becoming more impersonal and more anonymous. Some people don't like living in big cities solely for the reason of feeling lonely because there is no social interaction with your neighbors and your surroundings and such.

But that is a whole other social problem and it's not what we're discussing right now.

This game has no cross server LFG like WoW.

The people who don't like that system joined this knowing that and that was one of the things we liked.

The people who cannot function without a cross server lfg tool joined this game knowing there wasn't one.

If it mattered so much to you then why did you pick a game that didn't have one.

The people who don't like cross server lfg play a game without one.

Why are you trying to impose one on us?

Nothing is set in stone. New features and new content is added constantly - that's how things work with subscription based games.

I'm playing SWTOR because I like it. I like the story-telling, the leveling, the crafting and the companions. However in my opinion the game would be even better with features such as dual-specialization, a customizable UI, macros, addons, a barber shop and a LFG-tool.

That's why I'm advocating for it. I want a good game to become an even better game.

Edited by Heretiq

This just shows you're not reading my posts and replying just to disagree. I never said a single thing about destroying community.

Very well assume from the first paragraph I was responding to others of the Anti-lfg argument.

The first is still true, no matter your personal issue with the system.

I play SWTOR because I want to play SWTOR end of story. I didn't come here from any phobia of wow nor is that what SWTOR was advertised as or any mmo will ever be advetised as.

Why are trying to force us to play the way you want?, and a lfg system is not a hard locked feature of any mmo, it is the way mmo's work now. Given that a same server tool is already in the works and that the dev's have said they're interested in the idea of a cross server tool they agree.

Who is forcing you to play this game that doesn't have one?

The people who dont want one are playing a game without one.

Why don't you play a game with one instead of lobbying Bio to add one.

Seems you are trying to force what you want.

But somehow you cannot comprehend that.

I'm not forcing you to play my way, it's already like this. I've stated I play a game for what it is, I don't go trying to change it to be the way I want it. If what I like outweighs what I don't, I play it. I don't jump on the forums and go "game needs x so I can enjoy it more"

Good for you, I see a product I'm paying for and think it can be improved so I say so.

You'll either live with that or you'll ignore me, or both but it wont stop me from doing it.

Very well assume from the first paragraph I was responding to others of the Anti-lfg argument.

The first is still true, no matter your personal issue with the system.

Here's the problem. You say it will solve the problem's people have finding groups. Correct in a way. It will solve the problem SOME people are finding groups. And it will also cause issues with some people that are NOT having problems finding groups.

Good for you, I see a product I'm paying for and think it can be improved so I say so.

You'll either live with that or you'll ignore me, or both but it wont stop me from doing it.

My point was that we're not forcing you. Yet in a way, you trying to get the game changed is forcing others.

Oh here we go, this one again. I'm in a guild, I don't care one way or the other if Cross Server LFG comes. Still doesn't change the very real cons that people are just pushing to the side.

That's just a answer I pulled from the Anti-LFGers when I stated how horrific spamming LFG in general chat was, and how I'd like a LFG tool.

So I think it applies just fine. If you've got a Guild, you've got yourself a nice pool of people from which you can continue forming groups. If not, get more friends (Another suggestion I've been given from Anti-LFG). If neither of these works. Then I guess LFG was more needed than Anti-LFGers are wanting to admit. I'm sick to tears of the "Community Squashing Game Destroying The Sky is Gonna Fall" argument.

If your precious community is destroyed by this LFG tool and other communities spring up in its place, then I guess it was time for your community to die.

Edited by MalignX

=

You choose to not see it so it doesn't exist for you.

No I don't see the community as you say it exists.

I see general spammed all day with lfg, I see every other world bar fleet dead even on high pop servers.

I don't see server forums.

I do see guilds.

If you can't accept that my experiences are completely at odds with yours then I don't know what to tell you.

If you think I'm lieing then I throw that right back at you, that's the wonder of anecdotal evidence.

Edited by darkcerb

This game has no cross server LFG like WoW.

The people who don't like that system joined this knowing that and that was one of the things we liked.

The people who cannot function without a cross server lfg tool joined this game knowing there wasn't one.

If it mattered so much to you then why did you pick a game that didn't have one.

The people who don't like cross server lfg play a game without one.

Why are you trying to impose one on us?

Nice try at creating a context of victimization.

The people that pay the sub to play this game all pay a fairly similar fee. Its treated as the same for all intents and purposes by Bioware.

We that want the tool outnumber you. I'd bet a shiny nickel that we outnumber you by a lot.

We're getting the tool. It can be your tool too if you choose to use it. I promise it won't break your fingers and rip knowledge of how to type words out of your, or anyone's, head.

Really, it won't. It won't come into your home, pillage your village, lay waste to your linens or leave barren your gardens and fields either.

Seriously, it's a pretty benign little thing.

Why do I feel like I'm explaining that the computer isn't the devil-box and it won't make you listen to rap to my grandmother?

Edited by Uruare

That's just a answer I pulled from the Anti-LFGers when I stated how horrific spamming LFG in general chat was, and how I'd like a LFG tool.

So I think it applies just fine. If you've got a Guild, you've got yourself a nice pool of people from which you can continue forming groups. If not, get more friends (Another suggestion I've been given from Anti-LFG). If neither of these works. Then I guess LFG was more needed than Anti-LFGers are wanting to admit. I'm sick to tears of the "Community Squashing Game Destroying The Sky is Gonna Fall" argument.

If your precious community is destroyed by this LFG tool and other communities spring up in its place. Then I guess it was time for your community to die.

Again, show me where I used community as an argument, please do. Because I have not. I have never used get a guild or get more friends as an argument. All i've done is point out the very real con to the system and it just gets pushed aside. I see your side just fine, especially for low pop servers. That still does not equate to there being no cons whatsoever.

Who is forcing you to play this game that doesn't have one?

The people who dont want one are playing a game without one.

Why don't you play a game with one instead of lobbying Bio to add one.

Seems you are trying to force what you want.

But somehow you cannot comprehend that.

No what you can't comprehend is that we're playing this game because of the game, not because it's lacking features wow and rift have.

You're telling me you're playing a game because it's not a modern mmo? fine there are plenty of those so I say it straight back to you.

The people that pay the sub to play this game all pay a fairly similar fee. Its treated as the same for all intents and purposes by Bioware.

We that want the tool outnumber you. I'd bet a shiny nickel that we outnumber you by a lot.

We're getting the tool. It can be your tool too if you choose to use it. I promise it won't break your fingers and rip knowledge of how to type words out of your, or anyone's, head.

Really, it won't. It won't come into your home, pillage your village, lay waste to your linens or leave barren your gardens and fields either.

Why do I feel like I'm explaining that the computer isn't the devil-box and it won't make you listen to rap to my grandmother?

Prove it then.

Exactly what I'm saying.

It's a subscription-based game. I'm paying for it constantly so the developers can add new features and new content.

I think that an automated Cross-Server-LFG tool (among other things) would be a great feature to implement. That's why I'm advocating for it.

Shouldn't be too hard for anyone to understand.

That's just where the world is headed right now, at least that's what it's looking like - whether it's good or bad. Everything is becoming more impersonal and more anonymous. Some people don't like living in big cities solely for the reason of feeling lonely because there is no social interaction with your neighbors and your surroundings and such.

But that is a whole other social problem and it's not what we're discussing right now.

Nothing is set in stone. New features and new content is added constantly - that's how things work with subscription based games.

I'm playing SWTOR because I like it. I like the story-telling, the leveling, the crafting and the companions. However in my opinion the game would be even better with features such as dual-specialization, a customizable UI, macros, addons, a barber shop and a LFG-tool.

That's why I'm advocating for it. I want a good game to become an even better game.

Bolded the important part. Your opinion.

Our opinion, we don't like the game if it had a cross server lfg and thats how it is.

Why do you feel the need to impose your wants over ours?

Seems the people that don't like cross server found a game that doesn't have one and moved to it.

But yet again the pro-lfg people join a game knowing one doesn't exist and try to change it to the way they like.

Why are you trying to impose your likes over ours?

Seems we found what we wanted.

Again, show me where I used community as an argument, please do. Because I have not. I have never used get a guild or get more friends as an argument. All i've done is point out the very real con to the system and it just gets pushed aside. I see your side just fine, especially for low pop servers. That still does not equate to there being no cons whatsoever.

I apologize, I wasn't specifically saying YOU said these things, I was just chiming in on your "It Does Effect People Who Don't to Use It" discussion.

No what you can't comprehend is that we're playing this game because of the game, not because it's lacking features wow and rift have.

You're telling me you're playing a game because it's not a modern mmo? fine there are plenty of those so I say it straight back to you.

There are plenty of games with cross server lfg. How come you chose to be unhappy in a game that doesn't have one?

Bolded the important part. Your opinion.

Our opinion, we don't like the game if it had a cross server lfg and thats how it is.

Why do you feel the need to impose your wants over ours?

Seems the people that don't like cross server found a game that doesn't have one and moved to it.

But yet again the pro-lfg people join a game knowing one doesn't exist and try to change it to the way they like.

Why are you trying to impose your likes over ours?

Because we bought the game too and that makes it just as much "ours" as it is "yours"? It's an optional tool, don't use it.

I hear WoW has isolated servers, seems like that is screaming your name.

Edited by MalignX

Good thing it's optional.

And if you're playing a modern mmo because it doesn't have a lfg tool and only that (your words, not mine) then you're in for disappointment, a lfg tool is already coming the only thing that's on the table is whether it will at release be cross server or come later.

But by your own advice, there are plenty of other games out there that don't have a system and you are free to play them.

Still ignoring the very real possible cons aren't you? Those in the middle don't "prefer" to use the tool, they use it ONLY because it's easier. Hell they may even prefer NOT to use it, but they know they can't get groups much anymore if they don't. Do you not see this as being forced in some way? You say optional, and at the basic level, yes it is. But once you decide you want to go find a group, a problem arises. You can ask around, only to find people who don't want to do more than click a button and then not find a group. So if you want a group, you almost have to use it.

There's a reason it's called the path of least resistance.

I'm not seeing the negatives here with the whole "we will be forced to use it" argument. Seriously, its a load of crap and you people are arguing against it just for the sake of arguing. Randoms are randoms, simple as that. Queues are no different then building a pug in the fleet. The only difference is we would not be forced to stay on the fleet spamming the chat. If you don't want to play randoms through a LFD queue then play with your damn friends or with your guild, simple as that.

Regardless of how many times you regurgitate your BS, the system IS optional. You can either use it or you don't. I have a guild and I have several friends to run FP's with. I have done most of the end game, yet I still am on the side that this game should of a LFD queue. The few minor negatives just DO NOT outweigh the usefulness of a LFD queue. I work odd hours leading to most of my raiding done during the weekends with my guildies. I'd like the option of still being able to do the content on say an alt and still be able to go out and level while waiting for a queue instead of sitting on the fleet in the middle of the night where there is only about 20 ppl there at 3am...

Prove it then.

That's just it. There's no way to prove (or disprove) it unless the developers start some sort of poll that everyone has to participate in in order to keep playing.

A big portion of the playerbase doesn't even know that this debate is going on right now.

I apologize, I wasn't specifically saying YOU said these things, I was just chiming in on your "It Does Effect People Who Don't to Use It" discussion.

And it will. I've seen it personally in other games. I'm not saying the current predicament with finding groups is not enough to warrant the tool. And i'm also not saying it isn't enough to warrant the tool. I'm saying there ARE very real cons to it that people just want to ignore in their crusade(Sounded Nice) to support it being implemented.

No I'm not.

Fact: This game does not have cross server LFG and did not launch with one.

Fact: People are posting they like that fact and want to keep it that way.

Fact: You chose to play a game without one.

Fact: You want one and are lobbying for one to be added.

How you cannot see that you are trying to impose your wants over others boggles me.

No it doesn't.....you want what you want....end of story.

That's just it. There's no way to prove (or disprove) it unless the developers start some sort of poll that everyone has to participate in in order to keep playing.

A big portion of the playerbase doesn't even know that this debate is going on right now.

Then stop shoving around "we're the majority and you're not so you're wrong"