Is armor even working?

SoulstitchMMO

No armor is working just fine, its just that everything in this game rends it or ignores it.

****, I think 75% of the abilities in the game are either internal or elemental dmg.

Yeah except all the inquisitor nukes are energy. so they should be getting damage reduction on them.

No armor is working just fine, its just that everything in this game rends it or ignores it.

****, I think 75% of the abilities in the game are either internal or elemental dmg.

The VAST majority are kinetic/energy.

Every type of explosive = kinetic

80% of force abilities = kinetic or energy

All saber/gun attacks = kinetic or energy

Bleeds = internal

That one long dot that sages and smugglers have = internal

flamethrower/pulse cannon = elemental

that one spammable attack vanguards/powertechs have = elemental

Edited by Grubfist

The VAST majority are kinetic/energy.

Every type of explosive = kinetic

80% of force abilities = kinetic or energy

All saber/gun attacks = kinetic or energy

Bleeds = internal

That one long dot that sages and smugglers have = internal

flamethrower/pulse cannon = elemental

that one spammable attack vanguards/powertechs have = elemental

Sorcs lighting attacks are element or internal too I thought

Sorcs lighting attacks are element or internal too I thought

Sorc lightning attacks are Energy.

Energy is a different flavor of kinetic, since lightning can't possibly be called "kinetic" but it's a mirror for all our kinetic rocks.

'tis energy and mitigated by armor.

Haha....you've never played sniper then :p

armor drops my damage by so much, but I don't mind, they have to give the other classes something

Our three heavy hitters as deception are maul, discharge and shock.

We get a proc which allows our next maul to ignore 50% of our target's armor.

Discharge is internal damage with SC so it's not mitigated.

Discharge and Shock get an extra 50% crit damage bonus.

*We can get 9% ArPen while running SC if we're not using a chain-shock build.

You'll notice your armor making a difference in VS, SS and non-crit shocks, but not much else.

Edited by _Divinez_

no armor is not i'm a commando in full champ armor in pvp .. and BTW my ExBonus is 12.8%

I cant last even 10 secs vs a sith assain or some other kind of lightsabor attacking me

You are a ranged dps / healer and you want to last longer than 10 seconds with a melee dps wailing on you? Pretty sure melee dps don't last 10 seconds taking hits from commando dps...

Game needs a combat log...

As Powertech, my Ion Gas Cylinder gives me +60% armor. I can feel the difference using that versus the other cylinders.

I can also feel the difference between my Powertech and my Sniper and my Sorcerer. The Powertech is significantly less squishy.

Game needs a combat log...

As Powertech, my Ion Gas Cylinder gives me +60% armor. I can feel the difference using that versus the other cylinders.

I can also feel the difference between my Powertech and my Sniper and my Sorcerer. The Powertech is significantly less squishy.

Is it really the extra armor? Tank stance also gives flat damage mitigation, up to 9% (PT/Vanguard) if you invest talent points into it.

Anyhow, I´ve yet to see an MMO with meaningful armor in PvP.

Edit: Let me rephrase my words on flat mitigation: tank stance gives 7%, talented, for PT/Vanguard. Another 2% are in the middle tree. Kinda mixed those up.

Edited by Darth_Floppinger

Is it really the extra armor? Tank stance also gives flat damage mitigation, up to 9% (PT/Vanguard) if you invest talent points into it.

Anyhow, I´ve yet to see an MMO with meaningful armor in PvP.

Has anyone done any tests to make sure that Bioware didn't screw up it's classification of damage?

That's thing thing. When swapping between my Sage and my Gunslinger, it feels like my sage is always hitting harder than my gunslinger.

A sage won't be impacted by armor. A gunslinger will be for most attacks. Go attack a heavy armor class on your sage and then do it on your slinger. It should feel far more powerful on your sage. On the other hand, go shoot a light armor class with your sage then do it with your slinger. Your slinger should get bigger numbers. Of course bubbles make it rather hard to actually see the difference.

A sage won't be impacted by armor. A gunslinger will be for most attacks. Go attack a heavy armor class on your sage and then do it on your slinger. It should feel far more powerful on your sage. On the other hand, go shoot a light armor class with your sage then do it with your slinger. Your slinger should get bigger numbers. Of course bubbles make it rather hard to actually see the difference.

You see you're wrong. A sage's attacks are kinetic. They should be just as mitigated by armor as the gunslinger.

Project = Kinetic

Mind Crush = Kinetic

Disturbance = Energy

All armor is supposed to reduce both kinetic and energy damage.

Armor works extremely well in PvP, it is why a well geared merc healer is impossible to kill 1v1.

The only class that gets to ignore armor for the most part is the powertech/vanguard DPS spec. They can spec to do almost entirely elemental damage.

Now when you think you're ignoring armor with your sage/sorc is actually you ignoring shields and defense which do not affect force or tech attacks. Weapon attacks are at a BIG disadvantage in this game when fighting tanks.

Armor works extremely well in PvP, it is why a well geared merc healer is impossible to kill 1v1.

The only class that gets to ignore armor for the most part is the powertech/vanguard DPS spec. They can spec to do almost entirely elemental damage.

Now when you think you're ignoring armor with your sage/sorc is actually you ignoring shields and defense which do not affect force or tech attacks. Weapon attacks are at a BIG disadvantage in this game when fighting tanks.

i don't think it's the armor that makes a difference, it's the expertise. a well geared anything is hard to kill. I've seen inquisitor tank full groups of level 50s.