why do the mobs chase you so far?

Reye

They also have no problem shooting your vehicle. I know how you feel. Its all part of the hack and slash of linear gameplay.

Fortunately, you can survive one or two shots on the grade 2 speeder, and half a dozen on the grade three. Sure it's a fairly minor speed boost over the levels but the durability makes up the cost.

They also have no problem shooting your vehicle. I know how you feel. Its all part of the hack and slash of linear gameplay.

so annoying, just riding around and then boom! blasters hit my mount and im knocked out on the ground, forced into another fight.

Edited by Reye

the bike blowing up is annoying, but the problem is the chase.

there are times i can get away, but there are a lot more times when they won't stop chasing me, even when they're well out of the area they spawn at.

the bike blowing up is annoying, but the problem is the chase.

there are times i can get away, but there are a lot more times when they won't stop chasing me, even when they're well out of the area they spawn at.

Not sure why you are having this trouble. If you are in an instance then they wont stop chasing you but if you are out in the open they will stop and it is very rare that at a normal run you cant out run them.

Being able to run off any encounter IMHO is a bad thing. It makes it too easy to 'undo' a bad pull, or poorly chosen route. They should give chase until you've reached a safe area, base, starport some guards , Priest of Discord or someone willing to bail you out. Also, based on the mob type, most should run faster then the player.

Getting shot off your speeder, another good idea.. else we'd all just speed past the guards and cherry pick the content. In fact, I think getting shot off your speeder should be akin to falling off your motorcycle while going 50mph; lots of of kinetic damage. Heck why not give the bike damage too, now you have to repair it. If a turret knocks you down... opps your bike is salvage, check your insurance. Everyone would be a lot more careful with their transports.

To me the enjoyment of an mmo is the journey to cap, not a race through content.

seriously, what's the reasoning behind this? it makes traveling around a planet so tedious.

You got nowhere to run to... Don't tag and make sure you can finish what you started. I like that edge in this game. Stops those just going around looting nodes and opening stuff. Loving it. Even the boss mob chased me the full length of the map yesterday. Cool.

Reminds me of a Benny Hill episode... (look it up if you have no idea what I mean).

When mobs chase me I usually sicc my companion on them and keep running... Take one for the team maaaaaaan!

I figure one of these days my companion is going to get revenge on me by aggroing a whole mob of elites while we are in stealth.

When mobs chase me I usually sicc my companion on them and keep running... Take one for the team maaaaaaan!

I figure one of these days my companion is going to get revenge on me by aggroing a whole mob of elites while we are in stealth.

Careful, those companions know where you sleep :eek:

I think the balance is just right, they chase a bit, not too much to make it impossible to pick your way through most areas, but hard enough that it is a challenge.

Edited by Ensy_Ewok

If they didn't shoot you off your speeder, people would just ride all the way to the objective. It's why they don't have flying too. Pretty much in that other game, when you could fly, you just flew over all the enemy and swooped down on the final boss/objective. Made the game too easy.

so annoying, just riding around and then boom! blasters hit my mount and im knocked out on the ground, forced into another fight.

Learn the fine art of aggro avoidance, young Padawan! :)

Think of each mob as having a circle around it. It's nearly always possible to bob and weave inbetween clumps of mobs if you are aware of those notional circles. Generally speaking, it's very rare for two clumps of mobs to be close enough together so that the exact mid point between them isn't free of aggro if you approach it at the right angle. (i.e. avoiding cutting a "chord" of one of the circles)

Think of it as a minigame in itself.

Edited by gurugeorge