Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How far into the future do you see yourself with SWTOR?

Droidlife

Are we talking years here, or months from you bio tubbies?

I mean given what the game design here brings at its core. The VO, the story focus etc. Imagine that a few months from now they got it all sorted technically, and the game runs smooth as silk. Can you find a long term home at the republic or the empire fleets?

/Droidlife. Proud two month game card holder.

Edited by Droidlife

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying out TERA's beta weekend event right now, and I'm really liking the non tab-targetting gameplay. Fast-paced & much more fun than the Tracer Missiles spam. So I might stay with TOR until GW2 or TERA is officially out.

Will be back when Bioware releases new content to the class storylines.

Edited by aivedoir

I see myself here for ten more days then I might come back in six months to see if the bugs have been fixed and if they improve the shoddy MMO core that exists now.

I had high hopes for this game, but had no idea it would be 90% Single player, 10% MMO assuming there are enough people your level to run flashpoints.

I had high hopes for this game, but had no idea it would be 90% Single player, 10% MMO assuming there are enough people your level to run flashpoints.

Really? All of the info leading up to the release made this pretty obvious, at least to me.

So my post is on topic, I'm going to let my sub auto-renew one more time, so that's at least one more month.

Edited by Enzid

It's not set in stone, but based on how the game stands now and what I know is on the way, I see three months. Enough time to play a couple more class campaigns and I'll just watch the rest on YouTube. It's perfectly enjoyable, but I just don't see much of anything at endgame to keep me around.

I've waited for years for this game to come out... Now I'm 23, graduated, ready live a little. Getting too old for gaming, I think. I need to get my life started, get my career going, buy a place, get an electric car, settle down... I think video games are the last thing on my mind. As much as I like the game, I'm probably gonna play until I don't have the time to anymore. My guess is a month or two more? Depending on how well things go!

Really? All of the info leading up to the release made this pretty obvious, at least to me.

So my post is on topic, I'm going to let my sub auto-renew one more time, so that's at least one more month.

No no no Bioware touted this as a true MMO bro, some of us brought those concerns back up in late 2009 and bioware assured us it was an MMO and that only our class stories would be instanced then in late 2010 they started to slightly change their toon and reworded how they described the game when posed the MMO question.

But your right all the info did point up to what it was . Blinded by our own hopes, but considering they said they were making a true MMO and not a hybrid we took them on their word.

I am really enjoying the storylines, though repeating the side quests is getting old quick, as is warzones.

We will see what the future holds but at this moment I plan to play until the end of my 3 month sub.

I wont leave because i am upset, I will leave because the game has been more or less completed for me. At this rate i would have completed at least 3 of the main storylines possibly 4.

I dont even log into my level 50 toon, just dont see a reason to.

Edited by kirorx

8 days to go until sub runs out. But I haven't been in the game for the last 5 days. I've gone back to Guild Wars trying to get more Hall of Monument stuff done until GW2 comes out.

that sounds pretty drab and boring to me.

the amount of fail that GW2 will bring upon itself with all the hype around that game. i'm actually waiting for the release just so i can see how much fail it will be because no game can live up to the ungodly amount of hype this game gets.

"can't wait till GW2 comes out" is the response to just about any game discussion MMO or single player. hell even in COD and Battlefield.

I see myself here for ten more days then I might come back in six months to see if the bugs have been fixed and if they improve the shoddy MMO core that exists now.

^^^^^ I'm riding the same boat. :(

Ten day sub run out here. This MMO seems as if taking steps backwards while other MMOs are looking forward.

(Single-threaded engine directX9 vs. WoW mutlithreaded engine AND 64bit client, Directx11)

and yet it still looks old and dated like something my NES could best any day of the week.

that sounds pretty drab and boring to me.

the amount of fail that GW2 will bring upon itself with all the hype around that game. i'm actually waiting for the release just so i can see how much fail it will be because no game can live up to the ungodly amount of hype this game gets.

"can't wait till GW2 comes out" is the response to just about any game discussion MMO or single player. hell even in COD and Battlefield.

Horses for courses. SWTOR is pretty drab and boring to me. :)

As for GW2, having not played it myself I can't comment about the hype machine. You've obviously participated in the alpha and beta however and can fill us all in with whats wrong with the game. A mini review from yourself perhaps?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.