No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this forum you'd think every run using the lfg tool in wow and rift was horrific.

I played both wow from it's first year and rift a week from it's release and either I'm the luckiest person here or there's even more hyperbole from the counter-argument then usual.

My anecdotal evidence not good enough for you?

Better admit yours is worthless first.

I think the doomsayers forget, or more likely never experienced, Barrens chat.

They think WoW had some sort've wholesome community before LFG apparently, and then LFG came along and REKT their LIVES, man!

REKT!

/barrenschat

Don't like it - then don't use it.

Community is what it is in any game - the tools you can use don't affect the tools who may use it.

So they won't offer a reward for completing the use of the tool, ie bonus gear tokens/currency? What about when that very queue is an hour wait for dps specs? Will they too offer even more bonus to the tanks/healers?

Sure you don't have to use the tools in the other games that have lfg functions but they seem to like to stick added rewards for the use of them and lesser rewards for finding a group yourself, making it as close to a mandatory fuction as it can get without actually being a requirement.

The only "community" the vast majority of players care about is their own guild. Other then that they don't care what other players are on their server, they're never gonna PUG with you. Cross realm PVP and flashpoints is good for casuals and that's why it's good for the game.

The only "community" the vast majority of players care about is their own guild. Other then that they don't care what other players are on their server, they're never gonna PUG with you. Cross realm PVP and flashpoints is good for casuals and that's why it's good for the game.

This isn't simply an matter of community, if people want to argue about it then whatever but the same players will still be playing with or without the cross sever, but cross server doesn't fix the actual problem(and that problem has nothing to do with the server community or lack thereof)

This isn't simply an matter of community, if people want to argue about it then whatever but the same players will still be playing with or without the cross sever, but cross server doesn't fix the actual problem(and that problem has nothing to do with the server community or lack thereof)

Cross server will fix my inability to get a group, that's good enough for me. I have a guld but I'm not level 50 yet and I refuse to beg my guildies to power me through stuff. I didn't like it when people guilted me in WoW to run them through dungeons pre-LFD so I won't do it here.

Bioware: Please DO NOT add a multi-server RANDOM DUNGEON FINDER into the game.

It ruined the WoW community and ushered into a new era of non-socialization. It makes MMOS terrible. For those who came to WoW AFTER it had been implemented, I feel terrible for your MMO experience. It was a bad decision.

Good hunting!

Cross server will fix my inability to get a group, that's good enough for me. I have a guld but I'm not level 50 yet and I refuse to beg my guildies to power me through stuff. I didn't like it when people guilted me in WoW to run them through dungeons pre-LFD so I won't do it here.

Ok, we are so close to the same page but I would bet you don't realize it. Answer this, if server merges fix your inability to find a group would that be good enough for you too?

It ruined the WoW community and ushered into a new era of non-socialization. It makes MMOS terrible. For those who came to WoW AFTER it had been implemented, I feel terrible for your MMO experience. It was a bad decision.

Good hunting!

Yeah all 10 million+ of those people must really hate it.

So they won't offer a reward for completing the use of the tool, ie bonus gear tokens/currency? What about when that very queue is an hour wait for dps specs? Will they too offer even more bonus to the tanks/healers?

Sure you don't have to use the tools in the other games that have lfg functions but they seem to like to stick added rewards for the use of them and lesser rewards for finding a group yourself, making it as close to a mandatory fuction as it can get without actually being a requirement.

They do that because cross server is nothing more than lip stick on a pig. The problems are that server population sizes are either too small, people refuse to roll tanks/healers and then ***** that they can't find a group, or some people literally refuse to put their own group together even with 1 tank, healer, and 2 DPS spamming chat.

WoW basically tried to do the same thing with their LFG system and guess what, people are still complaining about dead/empty servers. Its done nothing but turn WoW into Diablo II, except the game itself is nothing more than a fancy lobby.

If cross server does make it in it will be no different than it was with WoW. They will need to bribe tanks and healers to still queue because all of the sudden DPS will complain that having the option to queue isn't enough, they need short quick queues. Then players will complain that they can't clear it fast enough and demand nerfs of said content, which they do, and then players complain they have no content to run because it was too easy.

Just watch and see, it won't take long once it starts :)

They do that because cross server is nothing more than lip stick on a pig. The problems are that server population sizes are either too small, people refuse to roll tanks/healers and then ***** that they can't find a group, or some people literally refuse to put their own group together even with 1 tank, healer, and 2 DPS spamming chat.

WoW basically tried to do the same thing with their LFG system and guess what, people are still complaining about dead/empty servers. Its done nothing but turn WoW into Diablo II, except the game itself is nothing more than a fancy lobby.

If cross server does make it in it will be no different than it was with WoW. They will need to bribe tanks and healers to still queue because all of the sudden DPS will complain that having the option to queue isn't enough, they need short quick queues. Then players will complain that they can't clear it fast enough and demand nerfs of said content, which they do, and then players complain they have no content to run because it was too easy.

Just watch and see, it won't take long once it starts :)

Couldn't agree more.

For those that didn't play Aion you can see the ingame lfg tool here and how it works, it is sever only and worked quite well after they merged servers. Like I said in an earlier post I used this tool to run the same dungeon just over 200 times trying to get a weapon with multiple groups. Used it a bit when I played some last year to run other dungeons as well. Works great but requires populated servers to thrive.

http://aion.zam.com/wiki/Finding_a_Group_(Aion)

A more detailed guide.

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Grouping+in+1.9

Edited by Gittyup

Good hunting!

You're talking about WoW, right?

The same WoW I am, at this very second, logged into, yeah?

The same WoW I've been watching (and somewhat participating) world-spanning chatter flying around left, right and center on Trade and General, yes?

The same WoW in which my new little lock got happily snapped up into a social-leveling guild that's full of chatterboxes and people babbling about funny things in vent?

Huh. Yeah. I totally see your point. It's just ruined in this ushered-in era of post-apocalyptic horror.

Oh, by the way, I just read your post aloud to the 71 people on mah vent server.

Filtering out the unkind things, some of them would like to know why you hate fun.

Just askin', yo.

Why -do- you hate fun?

All I have to say is let's have at it. Why worry about needing on stuff for my alts or my companions when I'll likely never see these folks again? Or join and run until I get what I'm looking for and then drop group. Let them find a new person and I go about my business. I fail to see any downsides. Total internet anonynimty is awesome. Never have to worry about being "black listed", like that actually happens, never have to actually stick to loot rules I agree to in the beginning. What's not to like?

Yeah all 10 million+ of those people must really hate it.

I did. So did my guilds - both of them. I would like to think that we counted towards that 10 million.

Just because it's used doesn't make it optimal.

@uruare: We don't hate fun. In fact, we love it. We just don't define it as running things with total strangers who scream bloody murder and screw with people fun. You do, plain to see. Good for you. Hope I never get stuck in a group with people like that. And with cross-server, it's guaranteed that I will. Because I won't have the choice as to who I group with, just whether I group.

For someone who gives people crap about "absolutes", you do like to employ them, don't you?

Edited by astrocanis

I'm waiting what will happen. I will be very sad if the tool will just be a copy of the one in WoW. I won't stop playing, but the feeling of playing with bots isn't one I was hoping to encounter in this game.

The real issue is that it makes everyone in your group a moderately non-compliant NPC simply placed into a group for someone else's pleasure.

You're talking about WoW, right?

The same WoW I am, at this very second, logged into, yeah?

The same WoW I've been watching (and somewhat participating) world-spanning chatter flying around left, right and center on Trade and General, yes?

The same WoW in which my new little lock got happily snapped up into a social-leveling guild that's full of chatterboxes and people babbling about funny things in vent?

Huh. Yeah. I totally see your point. It's just ruined in this ushered-in era of post-apocalyptic horror.

Oh, by the way, I just read your post aloud to the 71 people on mah vent server.

Filtering out the unkind things, some of them would like to know why you hate fun.

Just askin', yo.

Why -do- you hate fun?

Countering hyperbole with more hyperbole is the bestest thing ever.

I'm waiting what will happen. I will be very sad if the tool will just be a copy of the one in WoW. I won't stop playing, but the feeling of playing with bots isn't one I was hoping to encounter in this game.

Honestly, I think the majority of even the most ardent cross server LFD supporters would be disappointed with just a copy pasta of WoW's system. It would be great if BW could take another step forward and incorporate some of the suggestions to improve on WoW's system.

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

How Can it destroy the game? In wow on my server the community is fine and working All

Are u a newbie? ...

U have 2 options

1. People leaveing why don't have time to sit and wait for hours to get a WZ or group to FP

The u Will sit alone in a Big ghost game

2. With the LFG system People have something to do and People's Will stay

After my 14 years of mmo i seen it over and over again

I did. So did my guilds - both of them. I would like to think that we counted towards that 10 million.

Just because it's used doesn't make it optimal.

@uruare: We don't hate fun. In fact, we love it. We just don't define it as running things with total strangers who scream bloody murder and screw with people fun. You do, plain to see. Good for you. Hope I never get stuck in a group with people like that. And with cross-server, it's guaranteed that I will. Because I won't have the choice as to who I group with, just whether I group.

For someone who gives people crap about "absolutes", you do like to employ them, don't you?

You're the typical doom and gloom sensitive guy on the internet playing a video game that fits the stereotype. You act as if every 'LFD' group you join will have a "jerk" or a "bully" and ruin your precious fun. I experienced that once, ever. Group kicked the person pretty quickly, went on with our lives. You should want people to have easy access to every part of this game, you can still form your own groups. Also, if you have *2* guilds, why would you ever need to use a LFD tool? Don't you have plenty of people? Oh wait, you're most likely lying. Bye.

How Can it destroy the game? In wow on my server the community is fine and working All

Are u a newbie? ...

U have 2 options

1. People leaveing why don't have time to sit and wait for hours to get a WZ or group to FP

The u Will sit alone in a Big ghost game

2. With the LFG system People have something to do and People's Will stay

After my 14 years of mmo i seen it over and over again

You have more than 2 options. The ones you said are true, but again I will say the other one is merge servers and put in a server wide lfg tool. You dont NEED cross server to fix the problems people are having and then some.

You're the typical doom and gloom sensitive guy on the internet playing a video game that fits the stereotype. You act as if every 'LFD' group you join will have a "jerk" or a "bully" and ruin your precious fun. I experienced that once, ever. Group kicked the person pretty quickly, went on with our lives. You should want people to have easy access to every part of this game, you can still form your own groups. Also, if you have *2* guilds, why would you ever need to use a LFD tool? Don't you have plenty of people? Oh wait, you're most likely lying. Bye.

How many jerks and bullies are ok? How many "GOGOGOGOGO" to the tank and "HEALLSSUCKSIDIEDED" should I feel are appropriate?

I'm not doom and gloom insofar as I have not experienced something. I HAVE experienced this - so not a single one of your quite derogatory comments is denting me. Other than that, I have one thing to say - you are an exemplar of what I am afraid of. Because I dare to think that my fun matters as much as yours. Absurd though it may sound to you.

How many jerks and bullies are ok? How many "GOGOGOGOGO" to the tank and "HEALLSSUCKSIDIEDED" should I feel are appropriate?

I'm not doom and gloom insofar as I have not experienced something. I HAVE experienced this - so not a single one of your quite derogatory comments is denting me. Other than that, I have one thing to say - you are an exemplar of what I am afraid of. Because I dare to think that my fun matters as much as yours. Absurd though it may sound to you.

Sorry, your perfect video game world simply doesn't exist. If someone saying "GOGOGOGOGO" ruins your fun, I honestly feel bad for you. Its text on a screen...on a video game. How do you survive in the real world? Jeez...some people are such delicate flowers. Still waiting to hear why you ever needed to use a LFD tool when you had 2 guilds.