Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is gonna do that with their money on the line. But you are free to try.

Oh? WoW broke all the standard and accepted conventions and look how that turned out.

Guild Wars 2 is another good example, they are throwing all the general mmo conventions out the window.

Oh? WoW broke all the standard and accepted conventions and look how that turned out.

Guild Wars 2 is another good example, they are throwing all the general mmo conventions out the window.

When Wow came out there wasnt any real competition, this genre was an niche and WoWs budget wasnt close to what these games cost nowdays, add high expectations, harder competition to that and youll see why big companies that are making cash for their stockowners wont be very innovative but instead copies WoW while trying to make an fortune. GW2 is something little different but it remains to be seen how it will turn out financially.

There are so many things (not) in this game that should have been absolute no brainers that they are just now "looking into" I can't help but shake my head. Didn't this team do even like 10 minutes of research into what other MMO's are doing these days? I mean seriously....

I would be in favor of the cross-shard LFG tool and the dual-spec option. I'm a consumer, and I like having the most options. It works wonderfully well in Rift (which I still play regularly), and would only add to the gameplay experience here.

Plus, casuals pay the bills and casuals need accessibility. Bottom line.

They have different skill levels and people used to complain that WoW had boring non innovative fights. They have to make nightmare modes more harder and challenging and for smaller guilds dual spec is a good thing cause they dont always have right classes/specs with fully geared waiting to jump in. Also i want to PvP and Pve on same character instead of making 2 chars of same class for it. Dual spec is one thing that almost everyone has wished on forums casual or not and im sure its same ingame. Like it or not, they are catering for the masses and thast why they are making the game more accessible to players with or without your support.

Forums != everyone in the game or even a decent percentage of the people playing the game.

Dual spec doesn't solve guild issues. What makes you think it does?

Yes, different skill levels as in this version hits harder than that one. This one has this additional ability. This one has more health than the other one. That's how they make mobs harder.

Nothing currently is stopping you from doing PvE and PvP on the same character.

Dual spec doesn't make the game more accessible.

When Wow came out there wasnt any real competition, this genre was an niche and WoWs budget wasnt close to what these games cost nowdays, add high expectations, harder competition to that and youll see why big companies that are making cash for their stockowners wont be very innovative but instead copies WoW while trying to make an fortune. GW2 is something little different but it remains to be seen how it will turn out financially.

Wait, are you serious? WoW had more then it's fair share of competition, EQ, EQ2, UO, DaoC, Anarchy, SWG, UO, AC etc.

Just because a game doesn't have a huge budget doesn't mean they cant innovate, it just shows developers are lazy.

Wait, are you serious? WoW had more then it's fair share of competition, EQ, EQ2, UO, DaoC, Anarchy, SWG, UO, AC etc.

Just because a game doesn't have a huge budget doesn't mean they cant innovate, it just shows developers are lazy.

WOW was made for 12 year olds, most other games were to hard for 12 year olds

Forums != everyone in the game or even a decent percentage of the people playing the game.

Dual spec doesn't solve guild issues. What makes you think it does?

Yes, different skill levels as in this version hits harder than that one. This one has this additional ability. This one has more health than the other one. That's how they make mobs harder.

Nothing currently is stopping you from doing PvE and PvP on the same character.

Dual spec doesn't make the game more accessible.

Ofc it does, you can switch to spec that is needed, Nothing is stopping me from doing Pve and PvP in same spec except at high rated PvP that they will include soon, i will get left out if my spec aint optmized for Pvp, same goes for Pve. You can talk ******** all you want but for me it gives me more options, i can be dps or healer whichever my group needs, i can pve and pvp with optimized spec for each thing. Almost every raider and PvPr wants this to be added to the game and so far on forums that doesnt reflect to average player base ive seen 2 posters against it which is quite few compared to any other issue.

Ofc it does, you can switch to spec that is needed, Nothing is stopping me from doing Pve and PvP in same spec except at high rated PvP that they will include soon, i will get left out if my spec aint optmized for Pvp, same goes for Pve. You can talk ******** all you want but for me it gives me more options, i can be dps or healer whichever my group needs, i can pve and pvp with optimized spec for each thing. Almost every raider and PvPr wants this to be added to the game and so far on forums that doesnt reflect to average player base ive seen 2 posters against it which is quite few compared to any other issue.

You do realize you can respec your character right now, right?

Here's what you don't understand, nothing will change for you: you'll be just as unhappy with dual spec, and I can almost guarantee that based on what happened after WoW came out with dual spec.

Once again, these are the forums, they don't mean anything because they account for probably less than a percent of the player base.

Here's what you don't understand, nothing will change for you: you'll be just as unhappy with dual spec, and I can almost guarantee that based on what happened after WoW came out with dual spec.

Once again, these are the forums, they don't mean anything because they account for probably less than a percent of the player base.

yeah and when you have to do that many times a day its not the same thing.

Dualspec was best single thing that happened to people in WoW.

What coems to your forum as mirror of player base you are true and i said it is so earlier. But i can safely say that ingame its down to few % of player base that doesnt want dual spec and thats why BW is adding it. I cant figure a single valid reason not to have it.

Edited by Forsbacka

What exactly happened when it came out in wow?

Are you about to give us a "wow is dieing!!!1" anecdote?

This is so stupid. Why are people against quality of life improvements? Do you like not having options and features? Do you like trying to make a group for an hour instead of immediately being able to play? Seriously no game is going to survive now a days if its not full of quality of life features.

What exactly happened when it came out in wow?

Are you about to give us a "wow is dieing!!!1" anecdote?

It made it easier for people to get into raids, to pvP and Pve with same character, it helped serious raiders in time cause they didnt have to port out of the instacne just to respec. It helped in leveling and farming for healers and tank specs cause they could switch to suitable spec for any given task. It made other people to find groups for dungeons and raids much easier cause lots of people had healing or tanking as offspec. Without dualspec, queues and finding groups would have been horrific. With dualspec i could pop an BG or arena game whenever i wanted instead of going to respec for 1 game and then back when started dungeon or raiding.

This is so stupid. Why are people against quality of life improvements? Do you like not having options and features? Do you like trying to make a group for an hour instead of immediately being able to play? Seriously no game is going to survive now a days if its not full of quality of life features.

People are against it because they are unintelligent. Honestly. This is the reason. No one with a brain capable of critical objective thinking would be against dual spec or cross server lfd.

I've read pages and pages and pages of posts from people who are against these things and I haven't seen one legitimate complaint come up. I think a lot of what this comes down too is people hating WoW and assuming anything like WoW is instantly terrible.

To me, MMOs were worlds that you helped create. I started with UO and thats what i like and enjoy.

Now these "AAA" , big budget MMOs are nothing much more than a lobby with a queue to instances.

There are MMOs that survive without your "quality of life" features, as crazy as that sounds.

Edited by Tic-

I know, I don't get it either. I value TIME like its MONEY. When I log on, I want to PLAY and explore what content I can with the TIME I have.

To me, MMOs were worlds that you helped create. I started with UO and thats what i like and enjoy.

Now these "AAA" , big budget MMOs are nothing much more than a lobby with a queue to instances.

There are MMOs that survive without your "quality of life" features, as crazy as that sounds.

Newsflash. This game is already a lobby. Log in, go to fleet, stand in fleet for hours spamming general chat. That is a lobby. At least a cross server LFD allows people to actually go do other things out in the world that BW has created

You see what I mean when I say these people are unintelligent? Absolute nonsense from these people