afking in warzone is okay?

Seductivpancakes

So is it really okay to afk during warzone?

Its never happened on my team before but I suspected it would be awful and frustrating. So I've been sympathetic to those that had to deal with this.

So it happened to me tonight for the first time on voidstar, and as predicted it was awful and frustrating

We had to attack first but two of my team mates, both assassins, figured it would be just better to find a corner to just stealth. So it was 6 on 8 and I tried really hard to lure the republics to my afk team mates, but those damn republic players were smart and refused to leave the doors.

I opted not to just leave the warzone, and now I regret not leaving the warzone. I remember BW told some other players that people afking in warzone was not punishable, so my reaction to this next time is just leave the game.

Edited by Seductivpancakes

Until they add an option to vote them off the island you are stuck with them.

I will admit to AFK'ing some games, if it looks like they are trying to farm us. Or if my team is full of mouth breathers and ignore the objectives. Had a game of Huttball like that just today, team all but ignored the ball, and was off just killing people on the sides, and under the ramps. After 2 scores and being the only person trying to stop the ball, I went and sat down on the goal line.

The best part my team started giving me crap about being afk, as they all continued to ignore the ball and let them score....

I always screenshot them a few times and then submit a support ticket worded approximately like so:

Player: playername

Offense: AFK in warzones.

This player is AFKing in Warzones. This ruins the gaming experience for everyone else and I hope Bioware is taking this sort of thing seriously. Please let me know if you are unable to take action for this kind of offense because I would rather cancel my account than continue to have my gameplay ruined by these people. Screenshots available upon request.

I have submitted a handful of these reports and while I can't be sure of results, I can tell you I have only ever seen one of those people again and when I saw him, he was actively playing. I'm not saying the AFKers got banned but I'd bet Bioware sent them a warning which they decided to heed.

I've never been able to report the same person twice (I've updated an open ticket to report additional instances of AFKing but after the ticket is closed I stop seeing them).

P.S.

It might help that I often send these people tells or ops chats and frequently get replies to the effect of "lol bioware wont do anything u stupid noob", "go ahead and report me noob they do nothing".

I include any such quotes in my report, and screenshot that as well. I suspect the CSRs are able to check logs, though, and don't really need my screenshots -- they have never asked for them.

P.P.S.

I would be the first to complain if I thought CSRs were not taking AFKers seriously. Rift NEVER cracked down on this. I have YouTube videos of Rift AFKers that literally went to max level while AFK in warzones and Rift CSRs never did anything. I think/hope Bioware is different.

Edited by Slamz

• 2 weeks later...
Until they add an option to vote them off the island you are stuck with them.

I will admit to AFK'ing some games, if it looks like they are trying to farm us. Or if my team is full of mouth breathers and ignore the objectives. Had a game of Huttball like that just today, team all but ignored the ball, and was off just killing people on the sides, and under the ramps. After 2 scores and being the only person trying to stop the ball, I went and sat down on the goal line.

The best part my team started giving me crap about being afk, as they all continued to ignore the ball and let them score....

I have also been guilty of afking at times (as I'm sure everyone is at some point), depending on the circumstance.

The most common are the blowouts, where its a definite loss, and I just want to get the match over with asap so I can move on to another. 5-0 huttball, 3 red turrets on alderaan (or 2, when it's just past the point of no return like 150-375, voidstar when we attacked first and didn't break through a door, but they wasted no time in getting past the 1st door.

most people who afk don't just stand around afk somewhere, they make use of afk bots that run scripted routes and engage enemies.

afking is bad style, sure. But afk botting should earn people perma bans.

Bioware doesn't care though, after all those players pay their sub.

They do NOTHING at all about the botters. I have reported some of them for over a month now, just today I saw one of the first I reported, by now a centurion afk botter who is about to hit 50 and as soon as the human player takes over again it's GG anyway, because the only thing they are interested in is getting the sub money.

it's a disgrace really.

Edited by mufutiz

So is it really okay to afk during warzone?

Its never happened on my team before but I suspected it would be awful and frustrating. So I've been sympathetic to those that had to deal with this.

So it happened to me tonight for the first time on voidstar, and as predicted it was awful and frustrating

We had to attack first but two of my team mates, both assassins, figured it would be just better to find a corner to just stealth. So it was 6 on 8 and I tried really hard to lure the republics to my afk team mates, but those damn republic players were smart and refused to leave the doors.

I opted not to just leave the warzone, and now I regret not leaving the warzone. I remember BW told some other players that people afking in warzone was not punishable, so my reaction to this next time is just leave the game.

Yes, it is ok to afk - example: I am a battlemaster so the only part of the game that makes any sense is winning to me - I don't need valor, I don't need commendations I just need to get my daily chores...errr..I mean quest done.

I love into a warzone its 5 reps vs 8 imps, as usual we get our asses handed to us I just sit afk until the pain ends.

I always screenshot them a few times and then submit a support ticket worded approximately like so:

Player: playername

Offense: AFK in warzones.

This player is AFKing in Warzones. This ruins the gaming experience for everyone else and I hope Bioware is taking this sort of thing seriously. Please let me know if you are unable to take action for this kind of offense because I would rather cancel my account than continue to have my gameplay ruined by these people. Screenshots available upon request.

I have submitted a handful of these reports and while I can't be sure of results, I can tell you I have only ever seen one of those people again and when I saw him, he was actively playing. I'm not saying the AFKers got banned but I'd bet Bioware sent them a warning which they decided to heed.

I've never been able to report the same person twice (I've updated an open ticket to report additional instances of AFKing but after the ticket is closed I stop seeing them).

P.S.

It might help that I often send these people tells or ops chats and frequently get replies to the effect of "lol bioware wont do anything u stupid noob", "go ahead and report me noob they do nothing".

I include any such quotes in my report, and screenshot that as well. I suspect the CSRs are able to check logs, though, and don't really need my screenshots -- they have never asked for them.

P.P.S.

I would be the first to complain if I thought CSRs were not taking AFKers seriously. Rift NEVER cracked down on this. I have YouTube videos of Rift AFKers that literally went to max level while AFK in warzones and Rift CSRs never did anything. I think/hope Bioware is different.

You're a NARC. Not only that, but you must be pretty useless in the WZs yourself to spend so much time screen capping and writing reports and generally policing other people in a video game. You're also pretentious. You need to reevaluate your life, your attitude, and the way you coexist with other people.

Get their names and report them. The few that afked on our server are no longer around.

nothing happened on ours.

nothing whatsoever. First ticket submitted late december or early january.

yours probably just reached 50 or banked the character until they can transfer to another server

Edited by mufutiz

Get their names and report them. The few that afked on our server are no longer around.

You gotta be kidding me? You really think that they are punishing afkers? I'd like to smoke what you are smoking.

Edited by Sullydog

Bioware has said that AFKing in Warzone is not acceptable. And punishments for AFKing in Warzones are coming in Game Update 1.2.

That is not an acceptable response when they knew exactly the type of players they were going to get, waiting until some furture patch to implement a system that should have been in from day 1 is total BS. Getting that stupid response from the CSR team is unacceptable when theres plenty of other options to punish afkers. They could have rolled the valor rank back to 1 and taken any pvp gear they may have obtained. Reset the character back to its original level from when the person was known to start afking. Any of those options would have been better then some stupid "We hope to fix this in a future patch" excuse.

You're a NARC. Not only that, but you must be pretty useless in the WZs yourself to spend so much time screen capping and writing reports and generally policing other people in a video game. You're also pretentious. You need to reevaluate your life, your attitude, and the way you coexist with other people.

Typical response from a player that leeches. Hey buddy it takes 2 secs to SS a person and tickets can be submitted after the match.