Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cross Server PVP - It's going to happen(?)

Valeena

So, apparently from Q&A, they will be adding cross server pvp.

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup.

Personally, I'm against it. I enjoy being "known" and knowing people from my server. There is a sense of community. I would rather they introduce server merges or transfers before adding cross server queueing. =\ I know it's probably a good thing for low pop servers and maybe I'm selfish, but I can't help but feel it will be a sad day when they introduce it. Yes, there will be an option to turn it off...but think about it. Meh, maybe I'm oldschool.

How do you feel about cross server PVP?

PS: Don't bother responding to how I feel about it, I just want to know how many people actually want it and what their reasons are.

The PvP is already meaningless, so why not make it worthless as well. My take is we'll all be long gone by the time this is implemented.

Some players are here for the long run. I was personally one of them, until I read this. I don't mind playing 2 MMO's at once and since GW2 will be F2P, I wouldn't mind having a sub to something else. =\ Mehh.

Hey NOOBs crying about community go join a PvE server.

Cross Server WZ fill the WZs with your server 1st then any spots left will be filled by other servers!

Your argument of community is VOID.

Stop being short sighted & think of how many other players will benifit from this, you dont seem to care that a good player may be stuck on a low populated server with no one to WZ with! i would love to group with anyone that loves to PvP!

& telling someone to server transfer at their own cost is sad, not everyone is made of money!

So i say to you wheres your community spirit as you seem to not want to PvP with the whole PvP community & just group with your little premade trying to farm solo quers!

I said it a while ago in another thread, and I'll say it again. Why can't they just implement cross-server queues so that it keeps people from the same server together? In other words, when 8 people from server X are ready, they will fight 8 people from server Y. That way it's not a bunch of randoms running around killing each other. This would NOT impact "the server community". It may actually bolster it. You will be fighting with people from your server against another. A sense of server pride may actually come into play. You can meet people in PvP then PvE with them or do whatever it is you want to do when not in a WZ. You can gain a reputation as a server.

Make sense?

i understand the reasons for not wanting xserver pvp. but as i understand it, most pvp in wzs will still be with people on your own server. xserver will only come into play when there are not enough people signing up for WZs. personally, i would rather be able to play more WZs during offpeak hours that are also more even with numbers on both sides, even if that means playing with people from dif servers sometimes.

Cross Server WZ fill the WZs with your server 1st then any spots left will be filled by other servers!

Stop being short sighted & think of how many other players will benifit from this, you dont seem to care that a good player may be stuck on a low populated server with no one to WZ with! i would love to group with anyone that loves to PvP!

& telling someone to server transfer at their own cost is sad, not everyone is made of money!

So i say to you wheres your community spirit as you seem to not want to PvP with the whole PvP community & just group with your little premade trying to farm solo quers!

Server transfers may be free for low population servers, and no one on a PvE server has a right to complain about queue times. I don't even understand the rest of your argument, so I'm not even going to try.

NO TO CROSS SERVER WZ

Why on earth are they rushing with this when there is already a problem in the lack of community within servers (lets not even start with the lack of server specific forums)

This game already suffers from too much of a single player game where you are disconnected from other players. Guaranteeing your teammates (and more importantly enemies) will overwhelmingly be strangers is a step in the wrong direction

its a single player game anyways, might as well.... They designed the open world so that pvp is next to impossible and on the only world that really was designed for you to see the other faction they removed the ability to attack people in the city even on pvp servers....

bioware..... killing pvp at everyturn

if you dont want cross server link ya name so i can avoid you. as you are not apart of the greater PvP community i dont want anything to do with you!

Risque, Bondar Crystal

Believe me, your argument (if you can call it that) is so stupid that I would never want you in an objective based pvp game.

Edited by Rizque

I said it a while ago in another thread, and I'll say it again. Why can't they just implement cross-server queues so that it keeps people from the same server together? In other words, when 8 people from server X are ready, they will fight 8 people from server Y. That way it's not a bunch of randoms running around killing each other. This would NOT impact "the server community". It may actually bolster it. You will be fighting with people from your server against another. A sense of server pride may actually come into play. You can meet people in PvP then PvE with them or do whatever it is you want to do when not in a WZ. You can gain a reputation as a server.

Make sense?

This makes sense unless you consider that "community" means both factions. I know just as many Imperial characters as Republic, and like seeing them pop up frequently on Ilum and in WZs. It makes me feel more connected to the server community.

I'm quite surprised by this statement as well, considering how before release they kept on repeating on how much they care about server internal PVP communities and how they think this is a great benefit over cross server warzones.

And to be honest, I have to agree. It is simply amazing to be known and recognized and to know and recognize others, have a friendly chat, help each other and even get to know other people's playstyles and act accordingly in a warzone. Knowing what someone will do in a specific situation without writing or speaking to the person is just amazing. And so is having a late night queue and having known faces around you.

Not even sure why they are considering this now. Personally I don't think we have long PVP queues at all. In fact I'm getting in faster than I did in WoW with cross server queues. Seriously.

Many people are also not capped, yet. Especially on a bit younger and lower populated server. The situation will improve in the next weeks.

if you dont want cross server link ya name so i can avoid you. as you are not apart of the greater PvP community i dont want anything to do with you!

What? I do nothing else in this game but PvP and I do it very, very well. Besides, if self proclaimed people like you are apart of the "greater pvp community", I'm not sure I want to be associated with it in the first place.

My char's name is Real from Bondar Crystal and you'd be doing me a favor by leaving the Warzone.

Ill repeat myself shall i!

Ill repeat myself shall i!

Hey Noob, how is valor 35 treating you? To much WoW to get caught up with the big boys?