Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

People that Do 300k+ Damage in Level 50 Warzones

kusajishii

People on the SWTOR forum claim they can do 300k+ damage with ease in level 50 warzones, yet I struggle to do so. How can this be done? It boggles my mind. Here's a video.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Edited by kusajishii

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

300k damage isn't hard if the opponentsallow for it. It's doable in huttball if you help control the middle. Extremely doable in Voidstar if one team is held to first door. Aldeeran is hard if you get stuck on defense on a node t hat never gets hit or the other team gives up.

It's not hard to get 300k+ while doing objectives;

Alderaan, cap east-west sprint between the two depending on which is being attacked.

Voidstar, have one person on your voip at each door - move between which door is being attacked. When attacking run around edges killing people on the side lines.

Hutt ball is totally different...

I disagree.

Most people do? Yes, but I've seen people do 500k while doing OBJ. Hutball is a little more OBJ based but still capable.

I am a bit cynical but theres more than an iota of truth :D

300K is not hard with certain classes.

Edited by Sabredance

People on the SWTOR forum claim they can do 300k+ damage with ease in level 50 warzones, yet I struggle to do so. How can this be done? It boggles my mind. Here's a video.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I've done it a handful of times on my Watchman Sentinel. The stars have to sort of align. Today, I got like 320k on a 20 minute Voidstar. A combination of great uptime (either they have a lot of tanks/healers or I do) and a nice smorgasbord of low Expertise/low armored targets for me to whack for 3.5k-4k.

Other classes (ranged) almost always have an easier time of it. Easier to be within 30 meters of a target at all times than 4.

Edited by McVade

You have to ignore the objectives.

I can constantly get over 300k dmg and 30-50+ kills and NOT ignore any objectives in Voidstar. Civil War, it all depends on whats going on, but if I'm always on the offensive or if there's alot of fighting going on, then yeah, I can hit 300k pretty easily. Huttball, again, it all depends on what I'm doing as well, but I usually average 225-300k.

Yes, I play a merc, and NO, that damage is NOT from TM spam (I so wish half you OP QQers would actually learn how a class works before you cry here about it...). AoE is a wonderful thing in PvP. You can clear doors/turrets in VS/Civil war or you can just blow up everyone who gathers around the ball carrier in HB like a bunch of 5 year olds playing soccer. I have 4 aoe abilities (3 of which I use ALL the time) so yeah, I'll rack up the damage when needed.

SO yeah, in certain situations it's REALLY easy to get 300k+

This is a typical 'I can't get 300K damage either so I'm going to whine' answer.

To the OP ... learn your class, learn other peoples and what you're most effective doing. DO play the objective because most people will be AROUND the objective = more to kill. You don't get to the top of the scoreboards by picking up random kills or chasing people down away from the objective.

If you're a DPS then ideally aim at ruining the experience of their healers. Make them hate the game and be on the ALL the time. Run past 5 guys just to go for their support because that's what a good healer can make a bad team great. If they're guarded then go for the likely suspect who'll be the tank.

This game doesn't require skill unless you're a Mara (I'm not a Mara, before you ask ;) ) ... to get high 300+K games every game it's experience and work-rate.

And ignore the whinos ;)

This is somewhat true...

If you're playing Alderaan Civil War, where large groups of players migrant to different turrets pretty frequently, it can be hard to rack up anything above 250k damage, even with a long game. So if someone is getting above 300k, they are probably ignoring objectives.

Huttball and Voidstar on the other hand, not necessarily the case. More often than not, players will tend to focus around the objectives (especially in Voidstar), which depending on your class and spec, can make racking up 300k very easy, while simultaneously fighting for the objective.

Truth be told, I think it's somewhat unfair to point fingers at all people with copious amounts of damage dealt as "objective forgoers". While it might be the case in some circumstances, that damage does translate to success on other players parts, even when handling the objective.

To the OP, I really think it depends on your class and your spec. As I almost exclusively play a sniper for any sort of PvP, the specs that tend to dish out the most damage overall (and consequently, are great for farming medals) are specs that focus on AoE damage, and more specifically DoT damage. It's pretty rare I do anything above 300k as a Marksmanship sniper, but I can easily attain above 400k if I'm playing Lethality.

300k is not that easy. First, you need the game to be relatively even matched as quick victories make reaching 300k challenging.

Generally it's easier for range if your enemies are not well organized. Further, you need some healers to keep you up.

Basically the ingredients are

1. Enough time

2. Good amount of pvp gear

3. Competent in your class

4. Healers

^

that

and.... play selfish for numbers which does nothing for the team....

healing, guarding, objective holding wins games.... number people are wow players...do you want to be a wowtard?

play your game and ignore the numbers....concentrate on the win.

PS- i can get 300k easy sub 50 as dps... but getting 300k healing means more than some idiot farming dps numbers....thats true win, and what sucks is healers dont get the credit or mvp they deserve

^

that

and.... play selfish for numbers which does nothing for the team....

healing, guarding, objective holding wins games.... number people are wow players...do you want to be a wowtard?

play your game and ignore the numbers....concentrate on the win.

PS- i can get 300k easy sub 50 as dps... but getting 300k healing means more than some idiot farming dps numbers....thats true win, and what sucks is healers dont get the credit or mvp they deserve

Well you'd be surprised. I agree healers don't get the mvp often, but my healer got well known in my faction and gets mvp'd if I do well enough of a job. There are those days tho where you just can't be productive at all. I call those even warzone matches.

Edited by bellok

Im sorry, I do over 300k almost every WZ and I never ignore the objectives. Im an Assault spec Trooper. I keep people off turrets and doors, thats simply just it, alot of AoE and DoT's. I stay on the move, hardly die. One match I had 360k which doesnt seem like a whole lot but I had 75 kills also from DoT's ect. 18 second DoT will keep you from taking an objective and piss you off.

300k is mostly easy, I have yet to ever reach 500k and this I have seen alot of from other people. Other classes, never seen a Trooper do it, myself or anyone else.

Im sorry, I do over 300k almost every WZ and I never ignore the objectives. Im an Assault spec Trooper. I keep people off turrets and doors, thats simply just it, alot of AoE and DoT's. I stay on the move, hardly die. One match I had 360k which doesnt seem like a whole lot but I had 75 kills also from DoT's ect. 18 second DoT will keep you from taking an objective and piss you off.

300k is mostly easy, I have yet to ever reach 500k and this I have seen alot of from other people. Other classes, never seen a Trooper do it, myself or anyone else.

pics or it didn't happen...

pics or it didn't happen...

Why do I need pics? 300 is not hard. You see people posting 500-700k all the time. I dont sit and camp, I like the action and keeping people off objectives. Its seriously not hard at all. I dont even have a stationary attack besides my AoE's. This is my spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#8000cZMcZcIrrzMGrs.1

Once again ... ignore people who whine about people who get 300+K having to ignore the objective.

Bad players are BAD.

It's an easy game, most classes = button mash. You DON'T need a healer, though it helps. Just play smart, be aggressive when need to and fall back when it's a good choice - i.e. being rushed by multiple opponents.

The main key is pick your battles and don't get easily distracted. Sometimes you'll see a guy with little health run off and you'll want to follow them to finish them off. Just leave them to it. Also, the longer you stay alive the better. Those 30second waits either in the spawn or running back to the action + spawn time all add up. Die 6 times and that's 20% of the match gone to score damage and you're no use to the objective if you're dead.

DON'T run off by yourself. Stay close to the pack and if you get in trouble, lead the baddies back to your team so they can focus fire them.

Chin up, keep practising, it's perfectly do-able :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.