friday night peak hour, empire server

Darth_Bond

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you guys crack me up. You choose Friday of all nights to compare server pops from week to week. I mean taking polls on Tues/Wed/Thurs sure I can completely understand. But with the amount of variables on a Friday night there is just no comparing. Of course people go out on Friday nights after a long work week. Just because someone goes out tonight doesnt mean they went out last Friday or vice versa. If you are gonna take these polls then do it on a day that has relevance like Tuesday after resets. Not to mention this is the weekend before Valentines Day so I'm sure there are plenty of couples that will celebrate sometime this weekend rather than during the week.

With that said, I'm usually on for a while on Friday nights, but tonight Im goin boozin!

Sure someone makes this on a Tue then it will be its a weeknight and not many people play on weeknights they mostly play on Weekends.

Everyone just happened to go out on this friday and not all the fridays before.

You mean Valintines Day. Who celebrates Valintines day 4 days early just because its a friday

Me!

Vday is my birthday and I'm starting to celebrate now!

PS...the person you were trying to correct spelled it correctly.

Edited by Skoobie

Um, the Mythic team they got were the PvP designers of Warhammer.

It sure doesn't seem like it. Warhammer had something called open world RvR (many times better than Ilum) and many more Warzones. By team, I think they are referring to the few programmers that fixed bugs and weren't good at their job.

It sure doesn't seem like it. Warhammer had something called open world RvR (many times better than Ilum) and many more Warzones. By team, I think they are referring to the few programmers that fixed bugs and weren't good at their job.

They have Gabe Amatangelo. He was the lead PvP designer at Mythic.

Edited by Skoobie

They have Gabe Arma....whatever his last name is. He was the lead PvP designer at Mythic.

Like I said, he really isn't showing it... As it stands, SWTOR PvP is subpar to DAOC and WAR and lacks any resemblance. Some EA jerk probably told him to copy WoW.

Like I said, he really isn't showing it... As it stands, SWTOR PvP is subpar to DAOC and WAR and lacks any resemblance. Some EA jerk probably told him to copy WoW.

I don't think PvP was suppose to be the main focus of the game, as it was in DAOC or Warhammer. In today's Q&A, they mentioned how they were surprised at the popularity of PvP in the game.

Edited by Skoobie

I don't think PvP was suppose to be the main focus of the game, as it was in DAOC or Warhammer. In today's Q&A, they mentioned how they were surprised at the popularity of PvP in the game.

MMOs have always been about PvP, the earliest MMOs were brutal hardcore PvP games and every game since has introduced a strong PvP element. How the hell are they going to "be surprised" of the popularity of PvP in the game? All their freaking cinematic are about Jedi and Sith fighting against one another. Everything about this game's marketing yells "PvP" and they failed to even live up to their previous games. I may have believed you if they had a cinematic of someone asking another person to go out and kill five bandits.

For God sake people it is Black History month. VD Day, Leap Year, Carnival, AND the release of SW ep 1. I mean c'mon!

Kidding aside. Yeah they seem to be down some. Still way too early to proclaim a mass exodus though. Many people like me are still playing and enjoying the game without any plans of quitting. Although I have cut down in playtime just due to settling into a more realistic schedule for myself. Staying up till 2 am was giving me migraines.

One thing for sure. All the nerfs BW is rolling out so soon is really giving many a bad taste in their mouths. Logged in today and found my BH has lost quite a bit of range. If they keep balancing the game around PVP it will be a certain doom. Seen it too many times before.