LOTRO a Lesson in Superior Apperance Systems

Jnaathra

http://www.lotro.com/fashionweek

"Adventuring never looked this good! From February 9th to the 16th it’s Fashion Week here in LOTRO. Pull out your finest fabrics and make sure to participate in these various community and in-game events.

Is your wardrobe to die for? Do you have a closet that would put most celebrities to shame? Well, break out your finest ensembles for our Fashion Screenshot Contest! We’re looking for this year’s hottest styles and you won’t be judged solely by the Community Team. This contest features two special community awards – one handed out by our team of fashionistas, and the other by the community itself.

Make sure you’re color coordinated between February 10th and 12th, because our resident Fashion Maven will be walking the many trails of Middle-earth. If you’re spotted in-game by her, you might win the coveted title of “The Fashionable” if you can impress this discerning maiden. Wear a fashion faux pas in front of her, however, and you might be known as “The Eye-sore.”

Be sure to check the lotteries frequently during Fashion Week! Fashionable items of gold and silver plus cosmetics of all types will be found in random lotteries all week long. Don’t forget to follow @LOTRO on Twitter for Fashion Flash Lotteries.

Did you know that we have a community of fashion experts who love to create unique outfits out of in-game items? It’s true. Our community of fashionistas loves to help others look their best, even when you’re in mortal peril! If you need a refresher in the ways of clothing combinations, or are just looking for some outfit examples, look no further than the sites listed below."

----------------------

I wish your system had the flexibility of the SWG, LOTRO or even AC system. Player driven content and events are what make games feel alive.

As it stands right now we still have very limited options with your mod system. Even when you do allow us the remove mods from end game gear.. There are very few sets, most of them look so simliar that it does not even matter.

Get on the ball for the sake of your community!

Edited by Jnaathra

You know, I was just thinking; "I hope that BioWare stops working on all the fail aspects of this game and really puts forth a lot more effort in clothes. You know because well it's an RPG that's online and once in awhile I see other people and I have to look good."

Yep, that's just what I was thinking...

I love lotro's appearance system, once they get something like that in game, I will be more than happy.

In fact if they want to look at a game that makes it so easy to RP and feel like you are a part of that world, Lotro is the game to look at.

You know, I was just thinking; "I hope that BioWare stops working on all the fail aspects of this game and really puts forth a lot more effort in clothes. You know because well it's an RPG that's online and once in awhile I see other people and I have to look good."

Sorry, I missed the part where OP said they wanted it now.

This game SORELY needs more things to do than mediocre combat, and that's a fact.

The appearance system in LOTRO is rather good, I must agree.

The preview window in SWTOR is kinda poor. Even on my 27in HD flatscreen monitor, I have trouble seeing what the headgear looks like.

In LOTRO, you can zoom into head, waist, and lower body to see what everything looks like.

Granted, these appearance features came later, after release. So I'm not dissing SWTOR...not yet.

Oh, snap you made a suggestion, now you will have to deal with the wrath of the fanboy defense force. Any suggestions or complaints means their perfect bug free game, with millions upon millions of players and pvp of the future might not be perfect. Edited by Rhazesx

I think this is a very interesting thought. And I definitely agree that implementing systems that encourage players to create events is smart and community-building. While I don't think we need this next month (nor, I would guess, does the OP) I think that it is refreshing to see someone suggesting something that could enhance the game. Further, the way it was handled used LOTRO as an example of a system that has been done successfully, and I agree with that. (LOTRO was my favorite MMO until SWTOR came along -- I'd personally be delighted to see some of it's features eventually make an appearance here.)

LOTR0 had/has a dynamite UI system as well, it was by far the best I've ever used and what every mmo ought to be shooting for.

The one thing that this game has, that LOTRO doesn't have? The ability to attach multiple things to an in game mail. I miss that during my LOTRO time.

I quit Lotro before they changed to that system (and never played SWG or AC), but I have been a part of MMOG's where you could choose what you wore (CoX, CO, STO, DCUO) and the statted items didn't require you to look like a painted chicken.

I'm all /signed up for a better appearance system. The TOR designers went to the trouble of making combat feel heroic and even gave us superhero style bodytypes, let us indulge in the other heroic part and look like the hero we want to be instead of the hero some costume guy who did the top-end armour wants us to be.