Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bioware....

However, it seems like this minor UI fix is mostly an issue of inconvenience. I've personally never been bothered by the old global cooldown system. This issue was never been one of the many things I've heard people complain about.

If Bioware is concerned about players being inconvenienced, they should focus on improving more large-scale things like movement speed and the time it takes to get from planet to planet or between the republic fleet and a planet.

Or the fact that the Pass to Republic Fleet has an 18 hour cooldown! That's just cruel....

If you have a problem with the length of time it takes to use your Emergency Fleet Pass, attach an authenticator to your account and use the ones you purchase for 1k credits.

...Yeah that new 'ready' flash makes it somehow harder to hit a cooled down ability on time, esp. in split-second pvp battles. After getting used to it it became easier, but much appreciated if we can get those choices. The timer I would say is a cool feature, but me personally I would not employ it if I already have the std cooldown line.

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

A thread that had over 50 pages of people moaning about the new GCD looks means people DO care.

The UI customisation is coming if people actually bothered to read the Dev blogs.

Looks very nice! Definately going to use the flash and the timer.

Nevermind the ignorant minority who absolutely have to post something negative no matter what the topic is. Just use their money to wipe away your tears of laughter after reading their posts and rest assured that after they finally ragequit, the new players who replace them will most likely have more constructive feedback to offer.

Well done BW, another prompt response to user input!

What with this response, and your earlier prompt response to the ability delay issue, and your constant bug fixing and upgrading via the patches, I'm even more confident about the future of the game than I was when I first bought it - and I was fairly confident then :)

Must have some serious ADD if people can't remember which of their abilities are on cool down.

Some abilties have their CD's reset by procs.

Other abilities have an effect longer than their CD, but they also have charges that get built up/used and so the timing when you use it varies.

Once again BioWare takes customer feedback into consideration and tries to satisfy it's players.

Well done! With the varied options in the UI I think everyone will be able to find an interface that suits them and now we can move on from this tool bar issue to better things.

Kudos to the developers here, keep up te good work.

Huge first step in making the UI of this game actually tolerable instead of terrible. Good job with this particular update Bioware. Why customizations like this weren't a greater priority for launch when there were massive concerns with the UI throughout the beta is still perplexing. We'll take whatever positives we can though I guess. (there's my backhanded compliment quota filled.)

What about the bug with it showing the cooldown for a different ability? I switch over to my 2nd toolbar, fire off an ability and quickly switch back to the main toolbar and then the ability in the same slot it showing a cooldown that it doesn't have, the cooldown for the other ability.

I like the option to display the cooldown as a number... I fear for you guys though that you aren't going to get it to display in the way everyone wants. In WoW I tried 3 or 4 different "cooldown count" type addons before I found one I liked. I wonder if you'll give lots of options for that one or not.

Thank you for separating the flash out to an individual ability from all on the gcd. That I'll use.

Just wanted to drop in and say that I really like the changes your UI team is putting in for the GCD. Also, the cooldown text (the numbers superimposed over the ability icons that show the remaining cooldown time) is the best option/change by FAR, and shows that you guys are actually paying attention.

Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.