Community Q&A – Feb 10th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

I also found their comment about "some servers" being overpopulated by the Empire and some by the Republic to be dishonest.

I highly doubt there actually *is* a server where the Republic outnumbers the Empire.

Well the burden of proof is on you my friend, you go guy!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the questions asked that effects a large number of people is when is the game being released in Australia/new Zealand and will there be server transfers up then.

all this wishy washy ui rubbish is unacceptable. answer the hard questions, like when do you plan to bring the au servers online, given you have gone silent since release about it.

First, thank you very much for answering questions, Bioware.

Still no answer about chat bubbles? Do you realize how many players in the question thread asked about them? Why are you still ignoring them?

It looks like you are only asking and answering questions you, Bioware want to be asked, not the questions that the players ask and want to read an answer to.

The Q&A reads more like a promotion of Update 1.2 than anything else. Why not just make a separate feature about that and answer other questions in Q&A that you usually don't answer or talk much about?

There are things in the game that are actually broken with the game. Like people's performance on high-end systems. There are broken quests again and other bugs. And you are making a big deal about chat bubbles?

I for one am excited with the changes that are coming.

A duel spec option is gonna be great and I'm excited to see the legacy options come to fruition.

Me too. I just hope the cross server doesn't ruin communities and make everyone just another person in the zone. I like to get to know people on my server the best I can and hope people can get to know me too. I just hope the prioritizing on same server matching works well.

Can't wait for the dual spec's either, now I can go healer and be useful in Warzones without slacking on my questing.

The UI changes are also something I'm looking forward too.

The thing I like about this game is BioWare seem to actually be listening and acting upon how the community handles issues and suggestions, the "other game" just seems to have devs who really don't care what people had to say.

This is the kind of stuff I have come to expect from BW (sadly). Its no different than those lame Friday updates when the game was still* in development. I remember one was something like "this is what a hallway will look like". Its frustrating and lacks a genuine concern for the consumer. After reading all those questions I saw only one thing that I couldnt have answered myself.

*- some would argue the game IS still in development

Well the burden of proof is on you my friend, you go guy!

We already have proved it pzliug.

There isn't a single server that has been found, at prime time, to have a 2:1 Republic:Empire population imbalance.

There have been plenty of 2:1, 3:1, and even 5:1 Empire:Republic imbalances though, and even one 8:1.

Thx for the answers, Bioware.

for a lot of you haters, you need to know that Bioware doesn't have to do this. Most mmos don't even have this Q&A weekly kinda thing.

for developers this is actually a tiresome and tedious thing to do. in fact i even have doubts how long can Bioware keep this going...

so if your questions are answered, feel happy about it. if not, wait for next week.

So basically its screw you if like open world pvp and hey new warzones are coming but guess what? you cant choose it b/c were worried you wont play huttball.

You know i have had to put up with a lot of things in this game that should be standard in most mmo's but here its were having to wait for this

No raid assist (seriously?)

A customizable Ui that comes standard with every other mmo (yet here its coming soon)

Ilum well do i really need to say more? open world pvp is a waste of time in this game

If we have the suposed best pvp development team (as james ohlen thinks) Why is this pvp so bad? Seriously where is this pvp at thats discussed in this video here? I would like to honestly know gabe. B/c right now if im not lagged out from those idiotic announcements in ilum every 2 seconds im able to solo take a base i.e shoot 2 rockets and get a woohoo you pretend took this base!!

Come on guys if your best pvp development team take your head out of the sand and give us what you say hear at pax.

Do u honestly think ilum is ok? Pretending its good and throwing PR at it doesnt solve the issue. I wish you would realize that your customers want open world pvp more then the warzones. Do you not realize how ilum looks from our view? Your advertising this as pvp based game while meanwhile 90% of imps have thier battlemaster suit due your not focusing on world pvp.We lost a lot republics from that fiasco and you just chuck out pr that everythings fine

Ive defended this game for a very long time and I do like the game but im getting close to just coming back in 6 months or just leaving altogther. Why you guys are messing around and screwing off in regards to ilum and making it what it should have been in the first place is i just dont get at all. Im hoping your gonna pull a rabbit out of james ohlens but to spin but i doubt it. Anyways i guess i can look fwd to more warzones i wont play and i still cant choose the new warzone if i was to even do warzones.

Im giving this mess yours 6 months. Ive been patient and waiting but to slapped in the face like this about 1.2 and open world pvp is just crap.

I'm kind of wondering if BioWare deliberately does stuff to try and make themselves look bad. Can't polish something if it isn't tarnished!

Here's a good idea for the next Q&A: Answer the questions.

Edited by Anomorn

Same. If we have to have this crappy queue then i at least want to play with people i can see elsewhere in game on the same server. Cross server queuing takes the fun out of that part imo :(

they just see people leaving game in droves now. cross server queues will be a logical thing to do before they're forced to merge servers..

sooo... there's no hope in other words.... hopefully Diablo3 will keep me busy for a while

pls do not let me report you post as a non constructive spam which will lead to a warning.

These forums were meant for Biodrones.

That's one big hideous feature. Given most JK gear consist of 3-4 models colored in different tones of brown I've already handpicked my all black gear that I was hoping to wear when they make gear fully customable. With the "hue to chest" option all of that goes out the window.

The simpler solution would be dyes and remodelling, but no, BW had to be "innovative" *sigh*

stop ading stuff just fix the core of the game thats is broken mirror class not mirror skills dont work, exploits and cheats all over the place.

And no action taken against exploiters and cheaters.

i'm re-reading the "anwsers" and this is really dishartening.... the biggest thing is the emphasis in all the anwser that open world PvP is either intentionally prioritized very low or an admission that they have no clue how to make it better (i'm affraid the latter).

anothe thing : Legacy system, something that could have evolved into something significant , is going to be just another gimmigk - what c**p is that "he species that will be unlocked in Game Update 1.2 are species currently in the game that will become available to classes and factions where you haven’t seen them before"...what's next? Your left hand will become you main and right your offhand????

We already have proved it pzliug.

There isn't a single server that has been found, at prime time, to have a 2:1 Republic:Empire population imbalance.

There have been plenty of 2:1, 3:1, and even 5:1 Empire:Republic imbalances though, and even one 8:1.

Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket or something? Your data is only limited to prime time your prime time. Does it span all time zones? Facts made up on the internet are still.....made up.

Edited by pzljug

man i cant wait to 1.2 :D Well i just rerolled a alt that is going to be my new main , so i hope to have time to get to 50 and get full champion gear until the patch releases ^^Anyone got a clue when the patch is coming ? My guess is march sometime.