Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Hi Devs

This question may have been asked. Will there be any changes/improvements made to the Galactic Trade Network system, and when will it be implemented?

I'm a big fan of trading system and i think it is a big part of any MMO.

Thanks! :)

p/s: I love the game btw!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ask what kind of updates/content is being added to the space aspect of the game. I understand that all of the other KOTOR games had little to do with space, but there are many who would like to fly around freely in space and blast random enemies, or explore random systems with some possible space PVP.

Are there any plans to add an option such that casting with no target (or an illegal target) will prompt for a target instead of automatically targeting self or failing? I find healing frustrating if I have to target before I cast, and being able to heal while keeping mobs targeted is helpful when it comes to watching for certain abilities.

This is a big concern with the tanking community.

It is known that both Tech and Force attacks, which consist of the most widely used attacks used in PvP, completely bypass all defense stats. Because of this, these stats (Shield, Absorption and Defense) are less than desirable. We were told pre-launch that Tanks specifically would be useful in PvP. However, thanks to this mechanic everything we build ourselves around is essentially negated by the majority of classes found in PvP. Unless you count the few seconds of "uber" we have if we blow all of our cooldowns at once.

So my question is:

Since both Tank gear and a large chunk of Tanking talent trees focus around survival and buffing these survival stats, which are by and large neutered in PvP, will BioWare be doing something to bring Tank spec'd characters more in line with their DPS counterparts who are completely unleashed/unrestricted in PvP?

Edited by Gankstah

When will we ever be able to change character looks, outside of character creation? Like say I would like to add a scar to my character later or say she gained weight. I can't currently do that.

Please, I'd really like to know, and this wasn't chosen last week.

I have noticed as i leveled characters that a lot of the animations and actual spoken dialogue during conversations is starting to feel like "stock" re-useable pieces. While i am sure this is great on your end from a time - cost ratio, it does tend to feel like there could be so many more options to the dialogue and truly make it feel dynamic and different each time.

Understandably you can't have something like a new dialogue option every time someone decides to re-roll a specific class for their other AC, but i was wondering if there are going to be additional animations implemented? Would this be a retroactive fix where some of the 1-50 dialogue is altered, or would it be planned for future content?

What the status of same gender romances?

So it's going to be a post launch feature. What's the priority level? What's the rough estimate on when we might see implementation? What is the implementation going to look like? New companions? New options for old companions? Flirt options during quest dialog?

I was first drawn to this game as i felt it was great for pve/solo (which it is). I notice you are paying alot of attention towards pvp (which is fine) I am just wondering if you plan on adding more pve/solo content such as more space combat/coop mode, more lvl 50 dailys spread across a range of planets, swoop/pod racing, pazzak ect?

great game so far cheers :)

# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78

# dev posts/replies to warrior/knight boards = 43

# dev posts/replies to bh/trooper boards = 52

# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 3

Can the developers tell us about the future of the agent ACs, because the lack of communication leaves only one to wonder.

Characters who have a neutral or "grey" alignment are at a disadvantage because they are unable to equip Relics until endgame. This makes people feel like they are forced to stick with either light-side or dark-side dialogue options exclusively, limiting freedom and roleplaying options. Is there any plan to add Relics that can be equipped by neutral-aligned characters, and can you talk about any other plans for "gray" alignment gear?