Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Can you please confirm the exact mechanics behind Taunts?

The tooltips purely state that it forces a mob to attack for X seconds, yet i've read reports that the skill appears to equalise threat like a traditional taunt. Can you clarify this?

Edited by Fu-bear

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any plans to remove the Orbital Stations?

Or at least make it possible to use vehicles in it. Every time I have to go through one makes me sad a little. The process is kinda not practical. What you do is:

1. Get off ship.

2. Loading.

3. Go to the elevator.

4. Loading.

5. Get out group zone, walk a while (without vehicle).

6. Get into shuttle.

7. Loading.

There are 3 loads and it could be only one!

Edited by EdAraujo

Question: Regarding item modifications, will we see the fully moddable end game gear, as Emmanuel Lusinchi said some weeks ago, anytime soon (maybe for 1.2)? Will all our current gear be changed to the new version, or will we need to get it again in order to be able to strip all the mods?

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

Question: When will you fix the Operative/Scoundrel healing line?

Reason: Currently in game people prefer the other two classes over an Operative for healing. We don't have the burst or the AoE healing to compete with the other two classes. Add a serious lack of utility to this and you can see why people would prefer a sorc/sage or merc/trooper.

It is kinda sad that groups deny operatives a spot, since they believe (and rightly so in case of healing) the class is subpar. We also want to go on hardmodes and get spots in premades for both pvp and pve. Give us a role!

Why are armaments (crates) only located at the central control point on ilum and not scattered across the zone? Surely, given faction imbalances/zerg mentality, spreading armament across the zone would encourage more roaming/small scale fights?

Nice easy question here. The lightsabres and other melee weapons are far more interesting to look at than the ranged weapons which are incredibly static. Is there any chance you could add some better graphical effects to the blasters such as pulsing light effects, steam when fired or at least blinking lights?

My Question... I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times already, but...

Will you be implementing a cross server Group finder tool similar to World of Warcraft's anytime soon? My two servers are not the fullest and finding a group for a flashpoint or Heroic quest seems to be getting more and more difficult. I love doing both when I can find a group, but it's very frustrating having to skip parts of the game due to not being able to find people willing to group up.

Given that I have a level 50 character on both the Empire and Republic side, I have also filled all of my slots on my server with alts. The new playable characters being introduced is nice, however I do have concerns for those of us who have already made alts. Honestly, I'm tired of the same quests over and over again (other than just the class chain) and to re-roll one of my alts that's already 20+ doesn't fall under that Fun catagory for me, personally.

Question:

Will there be a way to change your character's race after it's already been created?

What incentive or reason will players have to roll new species & class combinations after the Legacy system has begun? Many people have several alts that are already high or max levels, and will have spent lot's of time gearing those characters already, and there are only a limited number of classes, advanced classes, and story outcomes to play through.