How to stop leavers in warzones without a stupid penalty

Aethyrprime

Actually no its not fine, maintaining customers is fine, excluding people because they cant play all day to match the gear you have is not fine.

Aren't people excluded from PVE endgame content if they don't have the gear? Exactly how is this excluding them? If they want to stay and PVP then don't leave in the middle of a match, problem solved. If your not really there to PVP but to do a daily but you have NO INTENTION of PVPing go do a PVE daily. I don't have a piece of BM and only a few champs but yet I've never left a game early. I've been 50 on my BH a couple of day and it's not like the groups I've been in have a great win record.

The other night there was a late night pre-made that had a full team every time against my shorthanded (3-4 people at start) pug still stayed to the end every time.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down, Adolf. This isn't Auschwitz, it's a video game.

How about less threats upon people leaving and more incentives to stay?

The incentive to stay is to PVP. Most of us are going to PVP with or without the daily but if I can finish a quest doing what I'm going to be doing anyways...

PVP is a game not a grind to some made up level of gear. Funny to this day I still play quake live and haven't been given an "incentive" to do so, well ever.

I wonder why don't they choose the simplest solution that other MMOs has already applied.

Add a 15-30 minutes debuff to disable queuing for warzone if you leave a warzone before it concludes. That simple.

When people decides to leave before it ends, they have their reasons. Whether legitimate or not. you simply assume and accept the fact that THEY CANNOT CONTINUE PLAYING WARZONE FOR A WHILE, so give them 15-30 minutes break, fair enough right? If they intend to go into another warzone by simply leaving one in the middle, they deserve the penalty because they can possibly ruin the queue of the player filling up his position, which in not excusable. In the worst case, whoever filled up his place might got into a warzone which has just ended due to entering and loading delay. Then he loses his queue and gets no credit at all, which is very unfair. Any act of irresponsibility and causing troubles to other players should be punished, period.

Edited by Hologramx

@ OP's Post: I'm gobsmacked that people aren't falling over themselves with praise for this idea. Just think about it logically. People leave warzones because they see an impending loss and wins are the only thing rewarded in the current system.

Tie the rewards to cooperation and team play that can STILL be achieved with a loss and what do you have? INCENTIVE TO STAY. This will of course stop people from leaving because they have no choice but to try their best to get team based medals in order to accomplish the quests. This takes winning or losing out of the equation but still FOSTERS likely wins because the medals will be based on performing well and helping the team. Not only will this encourage cooperation among players (which this game severely lacks already) but it will provide some sense of responsibility to your quest completion. No more bad players being carried or good players being frustrated because no one else on the team is trying.

Everyone will be trying their best. How is this bad?

This is an excellent idea. The only reason Bioware wouldn't implement is either because they know the current system artificially extends play and this would maximize their profit or because they don't have the systems in place to implement it (highly unlikely considering the badge system is fairly accurate).

Off to the suggestions board with you.

Thanks. I have to admit I was a bit "gobsmacked" myself when the first page filled up with silly nonsense trolling "PUNISH!!!!!!" mentality. These people obviously are either young or in the "I R ELITEST" category. I can't figure out which. They complain people leave, then suggest they leave the game entirely as a solution. I just wanted to facepalm for a bit there. I just started poking them for fun instead since logical explanations seemed useless on such individuals.

Nuff said.

People just have to L2read.

Of course if you're not BM you can't understand this as you can just farm when you want enough comandations to buy some champions bags (which will allow you to be fully geared in a week at most).

When you're BM, you can only get gear by the two daily (and weekly)quests. THOSE INVOLVED X WINS ! And sometimes they don't even register.

If you have like 10-15 mins waiting for a warzone to pop (suxx to be locked in a lowpop serv nowadays that people quit the game) you better have it won.

And as those two bags a day are the only way to have A CHANCE (25%) to get a BM token... You better do it daily cause the RNG is screwing you already.

PS: It's not fun to be the sole player doing objecctives/being skilled and/or geared enough to be on an even field with the opposing team, which is steamrolling yours at the same moment. It stopped being fun when you didn't have to grind for valor anymore.

Now ONLY WINS COUNT for the daily.

Change the daily criteria and/or how to gear up as a BM. I freaking want my black-red lightsaber already :(

Exactly my point. That's why I put I am a BM in mostly BM gear. The only thing that benefits my progression is a win. Once I have full BM gear I will be pvping purely for the fun of it. Until then it's part of my progression. I also think anyone who thinks being on a team that is acting foolish like my many previous examples "Tank attacked, healer left alone, points being capped 1 meter away from people killing someone" is fun when you are the only one trying to win.. then they are way more masochistic than I am and I love me some good whips n handcuffs.

I leave warzones when the people on my team are complete idiots. Forcing me to stick around and play with a bunch of morons instead of just leaving would lead to a fast cancelation. Do you stick around in a flashpoint group that keeps wiping to the first trash pack? no? then why the hell would you want to force someone to stick around a warzone that lets the other team plant a bomb in the first 20 seconds?

Exactly! See above hehe. :)

I wonder why don't they choose the simplest solution that other MMOs has already applied.

Add a 15-30 minutes debuff to disable queuing for warzone if you leave a warzone before it concludes. That simple.

When people decides to leave before it ends, they have their reasons. Whether legitimate or not. you simply assume and accept the fact that THEY CANNOT CONTINUE PLAYING WARZONE FOR A WHILE, so give them 15-30 minutes break, fair enough right? If they intend to go into another warzone by simply leaving one in the middle, they deserve the penalty because they can possibly ruin the queue of the player filling up his position, which in not excusable. In the worst case, whoever filled up his place might got into a warzone which has just ended due to entering and loading delay. Then he loses his queue and gets no credit at all, which is very unfair. Any act of irresponsibility and causing troubles to other players should be punished, period.

Because this system has never worked in any game it's been used in. I've covered this numerous times in this thread. ALL GAMES, which use a penalty system fail to stop or even slightly deter the problem. I can simply log and alt till the debuff is done. Suggesting I play something else leads right back to my previous post it's a garbage idea because it will eventually hurt Bioware's bottom line $$$$$$ because people will get fed up and leave due to lack of progression..

When someone has all of their gear then wins/losses/rewards are meaningless just the act of pvping. However, that being said, until then lacking gear and going up against better geared players is not fun either. No one likes being steamrolled over and over.

I understand that people look at other titles which implement an idea and then that idea is copied as a means of solving issues but all of these people including you fail to realize that not once in the history of gaming has this actually caused the desired result. People simply relog or log off and play something else.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Horrible stupid bad terrible. The first words that come to mind when reading this post.

Why are people leaving? Because they only have so much time to complete their dailies. Team looks like it's horrible. Leave and hope for a team that isn't. Otherwise.. forget that daily for the day because sorry you've run out of time.

Btw, I can't stand people that think like you. ugh.

You "Hello doctor, I cut my hand I think I need an anti-biotic.."

Doctor "NO.. IT'S TIME TO AMPUTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

/signed

Exactly my point. That's why I put I am a BM in mostly BM gear. The only thing that benefits my progression is a win. Once I have full BM gear I will be pvping purely for the fun of it. Until then it's part of my progression. I also think anyone who thinks being on a team that is acting foolish like my many previous examples "Tank attacked, healer left alone, points being capped 1 meter away from people killing someone" is fun when you are the only one trying to win.. then they are way more masochistic than I am and I love me some good whips n handcuffs.

That's your problem right there. It's only fun if your rolling people in lesser gear maybe? You're not looking for PVP you're looking to maximize your chance of being 'LEET' and using gear as a crutch for the lack of skill.

That's your problem right there. It's only fun if your rolling people in lesser gear maybe? You're not looking for PVP you're looking to maximize your chance of being 'LEET' and using gear as a crutch for the lack of skill.

Oh dear ...

Friend, there is NO skill in this game. Most classes = mash buttons to do well. Mara takes a lot of skill so most maras are ****.

Next point. Unless you're a fresh-faced L50 with no L50 PvP gear you have no excuse to whine about gear. BMs are rare to find. Stop blaming other people's gear for YOUR lack of teh mad skillz, yeah? Cool. Good hussle.

If you want a skilled game go play CS. MMOs offer no such thing.

Completely Agree with the OP.

While games will always have quitters, the #1 reason anyone quits a warzone is because the Daily demands it. Make the daily less dependent on a win, and more dependent on individual skill (rather than the luck of getting with a good team), and the amount of quitters will go down drastically.

Outright punishing players for leaving without addressing the systematic problem would cause unnecessary frustration, and (presumably) a lot of players would avoid warzones outright and simply go for the Ilum daily.

The incentive to stay is to PVP. Most of us are going to PVP with or without the daily but if I can finish a quest doing what I'm going to be doing anyways...

PVP is a game not a grind to some made up level of gear. Funny to this day I still play quake live and haven't been given an "incentive" to do so, well ever.

For most, this 'incentive to stay' to PvP has gone. 3 WZs (2 broken) is very little incentive, anyways, and was very naive of the Devs. 5 WZs at least on release IMO.

Aside from that, we've entered the COD-generation of instant-gratification ADHD whinos. This is a StarWars game so that'll have attracted a very broad crowd who call themselves 'gamers' because it no longer holds the taboos it used to. They're very casual and bounce between games very fast. Unfortunately, theres a lot of them and so Devs have to cater to them and water-down content and make everything EZ-Mode. You start punishing them ... they pull their subs and the game capsizes.

Perhaps for me and you, 3 Wins a day isn't much. Many of us will do our Weekly wins in one sitting and be bored for the rest of the week in that respect wishing for more. This whole 'It should be 1 win ... or just playing 1 match!' is ludicrous, IMO.

If they don't put the time in, they should kiss buh-bye to the gear, perks, whatever they want that others have put in days and weeks to get. But that isn't going to happen.

Just be thankful this game didn't have Last Man Standing and n00b Tubes in :D

Oh dear ...

Friend, there is NO skill in this game. Most classes = mash buttons to do well. Mara takes a lot of skill so most maras are ****.

Next point. Unless you're a fresh-faced L50 with no L50 PvP gear you have no excuse to whine about gear. BMs are rare to find. Stop blaming other people's gear for YOUR lack of teh mad skillz, yeah? Cool. Good hussle.

If you want a skilled game go play CS. MMOs offer no such thing.

Did I blame gear? Your the one that said you can only have fun at it one your full BM. Sounds like you can only have 'fun' once you have an advantage over most others. Gear isn't a problem, people that take advantage and intently target those at a disadvantage for 'fun' are.

No it's never a good thing for players to leave a game. Each time a player leaves Bioware makes less money. Anyone that suggests a paying player should stop paying and play something else is a blight on any games community and 100000000x worse than a person who does something you disagree with to cause such a blatantly horrible notion. :rolleyes:

Your concern for their financial well being is duly noted. I'm sure they appreciate your brilliance even if it's completely lost on the rest of us plebeians.

Until the bugs/exploits and down right hacking are not a problem in PvP, you shouldnt incure a penalty for leaving.

Why?

If it was a ranked match and someone slid down the table because you left and caused them the loss then OK, sure, else it undermines the ranking system.

Nothing stopping YOU from leaving if other people do.

Reward for good, don't punish for bad.

Most people don't score in huttball every week.

I promoted my system elsewhere. Warzone quitters get demoted to a loser queue. In that queue all rewards are reduced by 67%. You earn your way back to the normal queue you have to win five matches. Forcing quitters to win to play with the adults is a perfect system.

Why?

If it was a ranked match and someone slid down the table because you left and caused them the loss then OK, sure, else it undermines the ranking system.

Nothing stopping YOU from leaving if other people do.

Reward for good, don't punish for bad.

What I mean is, if the other team, or even my own is using hacks/exploits and I leave due to the inability to enjoy the game due to others abusing the system, I should not get punished. So until those are fixed, there shouldnt be a penalty.

Did I blame gear? Your the one that said you can only have fun at it one your full BM. Sounds like you can only have 'fun' once you have an advantage over most others. Gear isn't a problem, people that take advantage and intently target those at a disadvantage for 'fun' are.

Sorry? At what point in that did I say 'I can only have fun at it now I'm full BM'? I'm R58V ...

My advantage is how awful other people are at an incredibly easy game. I dabbled w/ Cataclysm when it launched and had a L40 Paladin before I got bored. Apart from that I've no MMO experience. 9/10 games I'm top DPS. Most of those by 100K away from the 2nd highest DPS. I've mostly Cent gear, 2 pieces of Champ gear but been doing this 10-49 and again from 2 days after hitting L50 and having a sliver of expertise.

This game is EZ Mode.

You're the kind who'll moan about people w/ gear when you don't have it, and when you do you'll moan that your class is underpowered and everyone elses' is OP.

QQ some more, pweaze? :D

What I mean is, if the other team, or even my own is using hacks/exploits and I leave due to the inability to enjoy the game due to others abusing the system, I should not get punished. So until those are fixed, there shouldnt be a penalty.

My apologies :)

People that actually leave a warzone willfully should have a standard quiter debuff preventing them for participating in that area for a period of time.

It just shouldnt be implemented until they can somehow seperate people leaving willfully and people leaving against their will.

"Implement harsh penalties on leaving" will only lead to less ppl who try to que for warzones,cause they are sick beeing in a warzone vs premade for 15min.

you can not force ppl to do something they do not want,you can only make them to want it.

They should not base game design decisions around the fact that there may be people using hacks or exploits.

OP, I commend you for trying to think of a solution outside of the box, but in the end, it really will lead to trading. Just because WZ's que up random people doesn't mean it wont allow trading. Example is Tol Barad in WoW during early cataclysm. They made it so if you attacked TB and conquered it, you would get 1,800 points. But successfully defending it only granted 200. So of course the defenders would ROFL-stomp the attackers, then at the last few minutes just allow the attackers to win. And guess what, TB was completely random que.

When you have a system that makes it extremely attractive to trade, that is exactly what will happen whether it is random que or not.

They should not base game design decisions around the fact that there may be people using hacks or exploits.

I agree to an extent, but with how rampant they are right now, the only punishment being handed out should be ban waves of people using them. After thats done and the problems are corrected I'm all for a deserter debuff.

I don't agree with a penalty for leaving a warzone, but I would tolerate it only if they implement these two changes:

1. They allow you to pick which warzones you want to queue for. The only one I have ever bailed on is Huttball. I can't stand it. I have played it. Tried to like it, but don't. I would rather lose every macth in Voidstar or Alderaan than play one match of Huttball.

2. They change the lockout timer so that when you finally load into Voidstar, you aren't kicked out because you didn't load into the warzone fast enough. I can't count how many times I have been booted because of that stupid timer.

Change those two things and I wouldn't care if they made penalties for bailing.

Restating my position.

I am for penalties for leaving wz's(but think it should penalize chronic desterers). But on point i definitely agree with OP to make the dailies based on objectives and indiviual performance flexible to your role. It would incentize better play all round not only by emphasizing the very things that win wz's but on an individual level learning how to use your player role to maximum benefit to your team.