Some changes are needed for the "shock" spell! Suggestions inside!

MercArcher

Some basic changes are needed to be done to the shock spell. Here is a quick list.

Make it super obvious when it is being cast. Have the Inquisitor glow purple, or have lightning channeling above their head so you can see when its being cast and can differentiate a chain shock proc from a normal cast.

Also make them channel it for ~.7 seconds before the damage goes off so it gives us time to pop a cooldown or vanish to avoid all the damage.

Overall these changes would make for more interesting PvP. Its a lot better when you can completely negate one classes main source of damage because it is obvious and predictable and you have multiple cooldowns that can stop the damage.

Edited by MercArcher

because Shock already has a cool down effect so it cant be spammed and its one of 3-4 main abilites assassins need to do their burst demage. making that have a cast timer would completely make assassins vulnerable since i have to be constantly moving. It would also create a completely new strat to play certain ways...you just need to learn how to interupt and vanish quicker.

other classes hit me unfairly when i vanish causing me to come out of it. it isnt just shock screwing you over.

because Shock already has a cool down effect so it cant be spammed and its one of 3-4 main abilites assassins need to do their burst demage. making that have a cast timer would completely make assassins vulnerable since i have to be constantly moving. It would also create a completely new strat to play certain ways...you just need to learn how to interupt and vanish quicker.

other classes hit me unfairly when i vanish causing me to come out of it. it isnt just shock screwing you over.

Not a cast time, keep it instant, just have it wait ~.7 seconds after you cast it before it does damage that way you still use the force to cast it and it can then be completely negated.

For assassins it is the main source of damage.

uhh...no? it is a main move for some depending on your tree and how you play...but not a main source of demage UNLESS you get your abilities to pop up, and you use Recklessness (which is a minute 30 cooldown) and also have the tree ability that sometimes lets Shock hit twice. but even still im using a lot more moves before casting shock since i can keep induction or whatever it is stacked just using Thrash.

And why are we singling out Sin/Shadows? Especially one of their few non-melee abilities and has a cooldown?

Tell ya what, we'll give you that as long as Operatives/Scoundrels can't use their second stun within 10 seconds of their first stun.

Or you can leave Shock alone.

Not a cast time, keep it instant, just have it wait ~.7 seconds after you cast it before it does damage that way you still use the force to cast it and it can then be completely negated.

...so that would make not instant then....

and it has a cooldown after you cast it. a short one but i cant use it 3 times in a row before any other move.

And why are we singling out Sin/Shadows? Especially one of their few non-melee abilities and has a cooldown?

Tell ya what, we'll give you that as long as Operatives/Scoundrels can't use their second stun within 10 seconds of their first stun.

Or you can leave Shock alone.

I'm just trying to balance the game out.

...so that would make not instant then....

and it has a cooldown after you cast it. a short one but i cant use it 3 times in a row before any other move.

No, its still instant. You can cast it while moving, there no cast time, its still instant. Just delayed damage.

No, you aren't. Make Shadows/Sages version of Shock hit instantly, that balances the game out.

... And would be ridiculous. Instant damage, yet, travel time?

Adding a distance based lag on Shock's damage is really the only effective equalization option.

What's addressed here is mirror balance.

A nerf is still a nerf. And at current state an unwarranted one. An argument could be made if the class in question was OP but it's not. Mirror balance is better addressed by making the other sides' class have an instant ability, that way they even get a very minor buff.

A nerf is still a nerf. And at current state an unwarranted one. An argument could be made if the class in question was OP but it's not. Mirror balance is better addressed by making the other sides' class have an instant ability, that way they even get a very minor buff.

Except that the Consular ability will always have travel time, which means you're still looking at some delay. Could just move both a tiny bit, though.

Shadows are an extremely strong class. Huge PvP utility, virtually invincible 1v1, great survivability, best escape in the game, decent damage.

While I like the shadow buffs, I have still only ever lost 1 1v1 on my shadow. As for my warzone records I have 200+ wins and just got my 5th loss yesterday :(

Except that the Consular ability will always have travel time, which means you're still looking at some delay. Could just move both a tiny bit, though.

They could easily code the damage to happen instantly and decouple it from the animation. Would probably make the game's coding more efficient, too, as they could use the same coding for both abilities and just tag different animations to them.