EA stocks plummetting (Hit below 52 week low today!!)

MadCuzBad

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never played WOW but why are you picking on them?

Why? Because, according you to, if a companies stock drops below the 52 week low, the company is failing. Which is false. Activision's I year target is $15, the market value is 14 BILLION dollars. Electronic Arts 1 year target is $26 and the market value is 5 BILLION dollars. So, tell me which company is more successful? Oh and I'm not picking on WoW, I'm pointing out that a similar post on the WoW forums would have you running away and crying to your mommy. WoW players have heard the same thing for many years. OH NO! A new MMO is coming out and is going to be the WoW-killer. I don't play WoW either, but let me tell you, I have respect for the game. It has become very successful and retains its insanely large sub base and there hasn't been a WoW killer since launch.

I will admit that I have no knowledge of the stock market, but I also do not make very uneducated guesses about such things either. I honestly believe the devs are not all sitting around a computer biting their nails hoping the stock price will jump another 25 cents. Perhaps if any of them own any stock, but still not likely.

One of the hedge funds that I work with ($15B AUM) has short positions in both EA and Activision. Guess which one made money lately. Doesn't matter though...there's enough smart ppl out there who can see through the hype and marketing and understand a business's ability to generate true value and in turn profit and whether that ability is trending up or down. Also see, Groupon.

They probably both made money today

Oh come on look at the bigger picture.

1. Europe Is about to go bust

2. War in the middle east is getting more likely

3. Everyone under 20 hasnt got a job ...or the news would have you think

4. The West is in depression

5. There is a bug on Alderan causing Jedi's to get stuck

Are people really this dumb?

Stocks go up and down all the time for ALL companies for all sorts of reasons, I like how some of these Einsteins seem to think EA stock is tied exclusively to SWTOR lol..

Right now with the issues in Greece almost all stocks today are dropping... Please stop making posts like this, I'm embarrassed for you..

Stock goes up then its all because SWTOR is the greatest game in the world. Stock goes down its because of greece. Gotcha.

Stock goes up then its all because SWTOR is the greatest game in the world. Stock goes down its because of greece. Gotcha.

No, it goes down because videogame sales - largely console game sales - overall "collapsed" in US of A.

Edited by Rouge

http://research.tdameritrade.com/public/stocks/news/story.asp?docKey=4018-B330DAC253F711E1A6A2002128040CF6-5QQR5C4BHVPSR6GRL1OIQH7T8Q

This is what you should be reading and it doesn't just effect EA. Moreover, when you look at the EA stock if you notice that the stock has a historical volatility of 43%, the current market volatility is within norms.

There isn't a current P/E for this stock but the Beta is 1.2 which isn't bad. I'd say that this is a buy stock right now when you look at the market as a whole.

Right. Because every time the stock goes up some troll posts here about how it's related to this game.

Nope, sorry, but it's always the "SWTOR is fail" trolls who do this. The only time I've seen otherwise was last time there was a long thread just like this one implying that this game was the reason for a drop in the stock market, and the next day when it went back up a few people decided to rub it in that guy's face -- and I think he'd earned that.

They day when EA traded up (to which you're referring) was directly related to the press release that morning on SWTOR numbers. That's not fanboyish, its just ovious.

Today the whole industry is trading down.

Oh and, TOR IS the fastest growing MMO...ever. WoW did not have 1.7 million subs within a month of vanilla launch.
Meh, wow has already done most of the work of growing the genre.

When wow released, EQ was the #1 western MMORPG (lineage and lineage 2 were bigger but have a very different market). Wow eclipsed EQ in ~3-4 months. Tor is a long way from eclipsing wow in 3 months.

Thank you very much. That's all I was asking for.

In this instance you are right.

I don't personally think EA's stock, good or bad, it connected to TOR directly. Too many things cause stocks to raise and fall.

I haven't seen such pwnage in a while D;

I asked for a link then s/he provided it. How is that "pwnage"?

Edited by Thaltom

Meh, wow has already done most of the work of growing the genre.

When wow released, EQ was the #1 western MMORPG (lineage and lineage 2 were bigger but have a very different market). Wow eclipsed EQ in ~3-4 months. Tor is a long way from eclipsing wow in 3 months.

I don't think TOR will ever eclipse WOW. I don't think any MMO in the near future will (next few years). However, I don't care as long as TOR stays alive and somewhat thriving so there are people on a server to play with.