Every nerf so far has only made Sorcs stronger.

The_Starks

Yes, they get there, but they also usually have combat logs so any imbalances can easily be seen by the public and fixed. Welp, that's another thing I should add to the OP. No combat logs so we can't "prove" how superior sorcs are. But then again, that's not a nerf.

Hehe, yeah wait till the new combat log parsing starts, going to be a whole lot of posts on all manner of things. :eek:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lose those WZ because sorcs are better than sages, for one, and two, imps have more sorcs than repubs have sages.

The Republic loses WZs because Empire players outnumber Republic players, and they are better equipped.

Also, in WZs I find I'm being chopped to pieces more by Operatives and Inquisitors and the never-ending CC effects that are spammed; an area where there should be a limit to how often a PC can be CCd during PvP; because resolve ain't workin'. In one encounter, my resolve was full, I tried to break free of whichever CC I was in, and bam! CCd again...

Granted, I'm not much for PvP to begin with; This is the first game I've ever had FUN in PvP with my guildmates... But it's still not my thing, overall... :p

The solution is simple, but will never work because no one can "b teh ubrz, i pwn u noob".. EVERYONE going into a WZ; no matter what level they are, or what level/quality their equipment is, can only punch/kick/shoot/stab causing a maxium of 1 damage per attack, no CCs, no armor bonus', and 100 health for everyone. (I'm being sarcastic, people) :D

However where there is a lot of whining there is usually the need for a nerf or buff.

Nerfs happen to every class in the end.

Maybe, maybe not. I think you'll see a very different correlation between player-whining and balance changes here than you might be used to.

lolwut

I'm saying the actual fact, not OMG A SORC LIGHTNING SPAMMED ME TO DEATH rants.

Sorcs/Sages are on the lower end of the middle ground ATM in PvP balance.

If you want to complain about anything, Vanguards/Powertechs are by far the strongest class in PvP right now.

Edited by MercArcher

Sorcs / Sages are not OP by themselves, the problem is when you get 3 or more of them in the same group that they become OP, especially when there spam healing together

They need to make it so if someone is receiving spam healing to make them immortal, they should keep receiving heal debuffs so at a certain point it's useless to keep healing that person.. of course after a certain amount of time those debuffs would be removed so the player could receive heals again...

And people who say that they can only heal because there dps sucks are lying big time.. I've played a sage before and put all my points in the healing tree and I could still do good DPS... Healers need to be forced to mix up their game so there doing 50% healing and 50% dps'ing instead of 100% heal spamming..

Because right now it's whoever has the most healers wins in pvp...

LIES!!!

If I am full specced healing Sage, my damage is abysmal. I cannot kill another persone in a wz by myself no matter how much time i had.

I dont believe you ever played a full healing specced sage at lvl 50.

You lose those WZ because sorcs are better than sages, for one, and two, imps have more sorcs than repubs have sages.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

~gasp for air~

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

They need to make it so if someone is receiving spam healing to make them immortal, they should keep receiving heal debuffs so at a certain point it's useless to keep healing that person.. of course after a certain amount of time those debuffs would be removed so the player could receive heals again...

Did you really think this idea out? You got any idea how this will ripple and cause a breakdown in most of the game mechanics PvP & PvE?

Edited by DarthKhaos

LIES!!!

If I am full specced healing Sage, my damage is abysmal. I cannot kill another persone in a wz by myself no matter how much time i had.

Healing sages in PvP are also extremely weak compared to the other healers.

Smugglers/Agents are loaded up with instant casts, stealth, great AoE CC, good single target CC, and more burst than any of the healers

Troopers/bounty healers are the kings of single target heals and wear heavy armor. They have defensive cooldowns and are much harder to run interference on.

Sage/Sorc healers have no instant heals making them extremely vulnerable to interrupts in PvP. They do have bubble which is nice, but they are extremely squishie an as such extremely easy to kill compared to the other healers.

Really if you look at the facts, sorc/sages need some slight buffs for PvP.

Maybe, maybe not. I think you'll see a very different correlation between player-whining and balance changes here than you might be used to.

Bioware did the same with WAR, in the 18 months they had it before SWTOR went Live, I doubt they'll do much different with SWTOR.

How can you say that when EVERY major nerf followed a ton of player whining? Do you not remember the op and biochem outcry?

LIES!!!

Um actually, he is correct.

I don't think he said anything about heal specc'd sorcs out DPS'ing anybody.

What he was trying to say is how hard it is to kill the other players when the WZ is full of sorcs/sages.. Because they are the most popular class right now, the WZ's are plagued with them. Making it ridiculously hard to DPS anybody with heals on them. Even if you focus fire on one healer, he now becomes a tank essentially because he is popping his heals on himself and the other healers are healing him as well. I have seen it, sorcs and sages when grouped up can heal eachother to no end. They simply wont die in that situation.

I stood in Voidstar at the door with two Sorc healers on me, I was taking on half the other team at times and only died one time. I went 40+ kills with 1 death and over 400k damage.

The sorcs were well into the 300k and up for healing.

Edited by XOrionX

Please list any major whines of the player base w/r/t a class that have not been addressed by a nerf yet.

Man you've set that up for me: Sorcerers.

Also, for that matter: Tracer Missile Spam.

And that's just off the top of my head - and without getting into classes people erroneously think need serious buffs (see: Sentinels).

Edited by Inarai

Man you've set that up for me: Sorcerers.

Also, for that matter: Tracer Missile Spam.

And that's just off the top of my head - and without getting into classes people erroneously think need serious buffs (see: Sentinels).

1 word for you

Interrupt

If you can't even get that basic down you're not ready for commenting on PvP balance.

Considering that the same systems wouldn't have been in place, well... Not a valid comparison.

Ok I dunno what you're arguing about now (except for the sake OF arguing), if you think the same company won't do again what it has already done, then fair enough, that's your opinion.

We'll just have to see. :):csw_yoda: