A heartfelt thankyou to all healers..

Saetet

I wanted to make this thread to say something from the heart, for all you do in keeping me up as a dps.

Thankyou.

Thankyou for still healing me if I don't get that bastage off you in time, thankyou for staying in the thick of it just to keep me and all like me up. Thankyou for understanding not all of us are ranged and are forced right into the middle of the fray to do our damage. For the sorc healers, thankyou for being stood still healing while some dps hits you. ( I play a healer too in offtime ) Thankyou for all you do. Thankyou for understanding sometimes we forget to guard you all the time.

I just think you deserve more thanks than you get. Flame me if you want but some of the healers out there are amazing. I could spout some names, but the lord praven healers... I <3 you.

Edited by Saetet

You know - healing isn't any harder then tanking or DPSing, right? It's just a different way of playing your character. Nothing special about it at all.

Pfft, dps have it easy. Learn your rotation and don't stand in the fire. Easiest thing out there

Healers get to deal with the side effects of dps doing the stupid.

Edit: Admittedly for pvp is gets a bit more complicated but the point still stands :p

Edited by FuzzyLilKitten

You know - healing isn't any harder then tanking or DPSing, right? It's just a different way of playing your character. Nothing special about it at all.

O'rly?

If we talk about PvP, healing is WAY different than dpsing and tanking (if now a tank could be needed for PvP).

If a healer simply heals and nothing else, we get a max of 4 medals, which sucks as dps classes gets way more from just dpsing.

Healers are the first to be targeted and killed, which is not fun for us, less playtime, and less chance to actually accumulate badges.

Sadly most of the times I've healed, doing like 800k and could be the only healer and makes us win, I get no MVPs :(.

As a fully specced sage healer (seer tree) I don't do much dps, but if given enough time after I've gotten my 2.5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heal and 300k heal, I might have time to get dps badges like 10/25 kills, 75k damage and killing blow, but never the other ones like solo kill, 300k damage and all the other ones like protection some classes have. Usually I sacrifice my medals and heal 100% of the time instead because I rather win than get medals, but still, for those who only dps, they get many more medals.

It's easier to advance in gear as you get more valor, medals and don't die as often being a DPS than a healer.

Edited by IronclawFTW

Healers do get the short end, more often than not...I kept switching to Gunnery on my Trooper, because I would get so tired of being in a Warzone healing while 2 Sith pound on me, only to see people spawning and running into the fight going PAST ME to fight someone further on.

I wanted to pause the fight, walk over to them in-game, and slap the taste out of their mouths.

And then, after I inevitably died and they soon followed, they'd go 'Why is nobody healing?' Ugh...

AND THEN, after topping heals with like 600-800k, I got no MvP and only 3 medals.

Edited by Maniacal

You try keeping three people hell bent on dying upright sometime...

Healers do get the short end, more often than not...I kept switching to Gunnery on my Trooper, because I would get so tired of being in a Warzone healing while 2 Sith pound on me, only to see people spawning and running into the fight going PAST ME to fight someone further on.

I wanted to pause the fight, walk over to them in-game, and slap the taste out of their mouths.

And then, after I inevitably died and they soon followed, they'd go 'Why is nobody healing?' Ugh...

AND THEN, after topping heals with like 600-800k, I got no MvP and only 3 medals.

When BGs came out in WoW healers got the short end of the stick there as well, and they changed it sometime later, not sure when though.

Edited by terminova

Played as both a dps and a healer and and I have to say keeping your eye on 16 peoples health is more challenging than going through you rotation on 1 target and maybe having to interrupt a specific spell.

Played as both a dps and a healer and and I have to say keeping your eye on 16 peoples health is more challenging than going through you rotation on 1 target and maybe having to interrupt a specific spell.

Basically that.

Tanking and Healing is usually more complicated then DPSing. Its ok though, we chose one over the other.

Instead of gratitude i would much prefer people to help me and pack some medpacks ... :)

Healing is actually difficult, when you are trying to keep all 8 people alive around you in a warzone.

That's what I'm saying.

There's also the matter of resource management, which is mostly a PvE thing. It's a skill that shouldn't be underestimated.

As a dps you can slow down and regain resources(unless you're using an "infinite" resource like Assassin force or rage/focus in which case you can just roll face, not giving a ****).

But as a healer, you don't have that luxury. Instead you rely on the tools you were given and the ability to use those tools to heal efficiently without running dry too soon.

I want to say tanking is more difficult than dps as well.

But in all honesty, I'm so experienced, it's become second nature to me, so even tanking is a simple task for me.

Edited by Grotpar

I wanted to make this thread to say something from the heart, for all you do in keeping me up as a dps.

Thankyou.

Thankyou for still healing me if I don't get that bastage off you in time, thankyou for staying in the thick of it just to keep me and all like me up. Thankyou for understanding not all of us are ranged and are forced right into the middle of the fray to do our damage. For the sorc healers, thankyou for being stood still healing while some dps hits you. ( I play a healer too in offtime ) Thankyou for all you do. Thankyou for understanding sometimes we forget to guard you all the time.

I just think you deserve more thanks than you get. Flame me if you want but some of the healers out there are amazing. I could spout some names, but the lord praven healers... I <3 you.

Thanks. Healing is easy in this game. Tanking is a bit harder.

And we, healers, love to see players alive rather than dead.

That's what I'm saying.

There's also the matter of resource management, which is mostly a PvE thing. It's a skill that shouldn't be underestimated.

As a dps you can slow down and regain resources(unless you're using an "infinite" resource like Assassin force or rage/focus in which case you can just roll face, not giving a ****).

But as a healer, you don't have that luxury. Instead you rely on the tools you were given and the ability to use those tools to heal efficiently without running dry too soon.

Exactly.

As a Sage, I have the best resource management tools though, so I have it a bit easier than others. I can completely understand what you are saying though. Long fights in PVP are a huge resource drain, and sometimes it is difficult to keep up. When I run out of force, I find myself sometimes purposely Kamicazeing into a group of enemies just to die, get my force back, and start healing again. :p

Thanks. Healing is easy in this game. Tanking is a bit harder.

And we, healers, love to see players alive rather than dead.

I thought it was the other way around.

Could be an experience thing, I'm not as experienced a healer as I am a tank.

O'rly?

If we talk about PvP, healing is WAY different than dpsing and tanking (if now a tank could be needed for PvP).

If a healer simply heals and nothing else, we get a max of 4 medals, which sucks as dps classes gets way more from just dpsing.

Healers are the first to be targeted and killed, which is not fun for us, less playtime, and less chance to actually accumulate badges.

Sadly most of the times I've healed, doing like 800k and could be the only healer and makes us win, I get no MVPs :(.

As a fully specced sage healer (seer tree) I don't do much dps, but if given enough time after I've gotten my 2.5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heal and 300k heal, I might have time to get dps badges like 10/25 kills, 75k damage and killing blow, but never the other ones like solo kill, 300k damage and all the other ones like protection some classes have. Usually I sacrifice my medals and heal 100% of the time instead because I rather win than get medals, but still, for those who only dps, they get many more medals.

It's easier to advance in gear as you get more valor, medals and don't die as often being a DPS than a healer.

stop whining, i am a def-tank. you don´t see me complaining that i do not get the heal medals either. and the way my char is skilled it is quite hard to get a damage-medal as well. AND if i would go for a damage medal instead of guarding a healer i would play it wrong. just play according to your role. those people that go for each and every medal in a match usually give a damn about teamplay.

O'rly?

(if now a tank could be needed for PvP).

btw that sentence says it all. stop asking yourself why you are the first to be killed in a warzone, and find yourself a tank to guard you. a good working tank / healer duo imho is crucial to win a BG.

Edited by Tiddex

btw that sentence says it all. stop asking yourself why you are the first to be killed in a warzone, and find yourself a tank to guard you. a good working tank / healer duo imho is crucial to win a BG.

They are getting killed first because they are a healer not because of some other reason: because they are a healer.

It´s not everytime you get 300k as a healer. Largely depends on the fight and WZ (at least on my server).

So when you say you get 700-800k healing i assume thats a very small percentage or your server has incredibly balanced pvp.

And I don´t think as a mechanic healing is harder than tanking , it´s the same thing to me. It´s only more challenging because lots of people don´t care about winning so they don´t protect healers.

when you´re done with your daily/weekly, people stop caring about winning and just go for medals.

But thanks anyway to the OP :)