The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

shahmat

What is the matter? Did I ruin the dirty little secret that you baddies all use?

Press dot/s.

Spam lightning.

Press autohotkey macro that presses something like 4 5 6 on your keyboard on procs?

LOL at you idiots claiming this class is hard.

Female avatar/chars on dudes? Check.

Couldn't break 1800 in WoW and kept rerolling FOTM. Check. Hell most of you prob started this game as something other then sage/sorc then rerolled one lol.

Play the second easiest class in this game and pretend like it takes "skill" and "finesse" (LOL)? Check.

You guys are funny. Go post some more complaints about us sent/marauders clownstomping you fools with 3 times the buttons while moving lol.

Add to that? ALL the players I have seen using lagswitches/programs that emulate them in this game? Sorc/sages. Go figure...

Art thou perhaps upset, brethren?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is raging like crazy, he even had to throw in how upset he is with dudes playing females characters.

biowareftw, have you tried eharmony? Wait, never mind eharmony has a test, try craigslist instead.

bioware has nothing to do with baldurs gate. that was black isle. dont give them credit they dont deserve.

incorrect. That was Bio-ware. Black Isle now Obsidian Entertainment used Bioware's engine for Baldur's Gate to make games such as the following:

IceWind Dale 1

IceWind Dale 2

And then, they later made NWN2 on their own. We all know how that went.

Bioware was 100% responsible for all the Baldur's Gate titles.

LOL. No. I am having a blast aiming for the bad sorc/sages like you first. Can't wait till I get my execute... Killing blows should go up a lot more...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5031/86swtor2012020821233295.png

Take a wild guess who I was targeting first. The scoreboard should make it obvious.

I would make a video documentary on how stupid and OP the hybrid spec sage class is, but I was bored to tears playing the class during the beta, and I really don't feel like making little clones and showing people how stupidly op the hybrid spec is.

As for my scoundrel? Nerfed to uselessness other then picking out individual sage/sorc's to make rage quit out of the warzone. Oh I can still lead dmg on the class, but it is absolute garbage other then making people rage quit out of warzones, and destroying undergeared people.

To be honest if there wasn't a class this challenging (sent/marauder) I would have left this game awhile ago. All my friends quit due to the pvp/balance/resolve system being crap and went back to WoW.

Will prob quit SWTOR all together when pandas hit. The design team caters to people like you brah.

LOL. No. I am having a blast aiming for the bad sorc/sages like you first. Can't wait till I get my execute... Killing blows should go up a lot more...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5031/86swtor2012020821233295.png

Take a wild guess who I was targeting first. The scoreboard should make it obvious.

I would make a video documentary on how stupid and OP the hybrid spec sage class is, but I was bored to tears playing the class during the beta, and I really don't feel like making little clones and showing people how stupidly op the hybrid spec is.

As for my scoundrel? Nerfed to uselessness other then picking out individual sage/sorc's to make rage quit out of the warzone. Oh I can still lead dmg on the class, but it is absolute garbage other then making people rage quit out of warzones, and destroying undergeared people.

To be honest if there wasn't a class this challenging (sent/marauder) I would have left this game awhile ago. All my friends quit due to the pvp/balance/resolve system being crap and went back to WoW.

Will prob quit SWTOR all together when pandas hit. The design team caters to people like you brah.

Level 42.... Now it all makes sense.

socs are not OP there are some that are well played though...

don't let skilled players get you down grasshopper.... L2P daniel son

sorcs are well balanced and have a versatile toolkit

the real issue is that some classes are actually under powered and lack a fully developed tool kit

i actually dont want sorcs nerfed, i do however want other classes to be as well rounded and properly balanced

i do think healing in pvp should be nerfed, but thats not a sorc only issue, thats an all healer issue. i think the more healing you recieve the less effective it should become for a period of time (or death)

its entirely rediculous for a healer to be capable of out healing multiple incoming attacks or for a group of healers to be effectively invulnerable for an indefinate period of time

in a game like voidstar or alderan where you only need to live long enough for reinforcements to arrive it should not ever take several minutes to kill 1 person when multiple are attacking that 1

but like i said, thats not a sorc issue and its not the heals im asking to be nerfed anyway, its more the stacking and duplicitive effect on the target that should be tweaked. getting heals a couple times is one thing, getting heals that can keep you alive forever in pvp is just silly

I would just like to point something out, if I may...

Remember in 1.1.1 - Scrappers/Ops got nerfed because we were "killing faster than intended"?

I wrote a lengthy post about how the Nerf to KO and Flechette Round was completely unneeded because it didn't address the problem. All the people who were mad at Scrapper/Ops hated the post. Anyone who knew anything about the game loved it. I even wrote a little section about how nerfing Scrapper/Op was not solving anything, and was going to transfer the hate from us, onto some other class. What exactly happened in 1.1.2? A couple of key classes got Buffed, and as a result - Heals were out of control. Suddenly everyone hated classes that Heal.

So... it appears after all 40 pages, I was actually correct. 1.1.1 Did not solve the problems with Scrapper/Op, and it did nothing but break the class.

The problem was not the Stun.

The problem was not the Armor Penetration.

The problem was our Critical Damage.

Lo and behold, roughly 2 1/2 weeks, 2 patches later - what does Bioware do?

They nerf Surge.

What does Surge do?

It increases Critical Damage.

Dear Bioware,

I would like my AC back now. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Raice

Im sorry is this a discussion about surge nerf or one about how much Biowareftw loves WOW?

He is jumping all over the board. It went from from surge/crit to him being upset some dudes play female charactersand to top it off he level 42 and has no clue what pvp at 50 is like. Its one huge rage post.

Edited by Rhazesx

We are talking about a 10% nerf resulting in e.g. if you have 300 surge, you would need 330 for the same amount so it is barely noticeable or in other words one more enhancement.... a loss of 30 power and 51 accuracy? Wowowowowowowow

We are talking about a 10% nerf resulting in e.g. if you have 300 surge, you would need 330 for the same amount so it is barely noticeable or in other words one more enhancement.... a loss of 30 power and 51 accuracy? Wowowowowowowow

It gets affected by diminishing returns even more now. People will just have to wait and see how the #s turn out on live but it's still not going to do any good to a lot of the DPS classes.

The hybrid spec for Sorc is stupid OP. Which since they nerfed the hybrid spec for Shadow they'll be going through all the classes and nerfing their hybrid specs too. Especially since the hybrid specs usually top the charts in Warzones.

I expect them to make Wrath proc with only crushing darkness, like the assassins Raze, which would make perfect sense for a Madness spec.

This is a change that needs to happen, Im kinda tired of people spouting misinformation, and theorycrafts ( LOL alacrity being useful for a spec that RELIES on instant cast)

I expect them to make Wrath proc with only crushing darkness, like the assassins Raze, which would make perfect sense for a Madness spec.

This is a change that needs to happen, Im kinda tired of people spouting misinformation, and theorycrafts ( LOL alacrity being useful for a spec that RELIES on instant cast)

That's exactly what I expect to happen also. Lightning tree already has its own instant cast chain lightning proc.

I also topped damaged charts as creeping terror so I expect we will still see nerf sorcerer threads.

Edited by Rhazesx

Level 42.... Now it all makes sense.

My 50 is a scoundrel Liu-kang. The Fatman server. Do you have threads about you on the internet? What is your character name?

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=liu-kang%20the%20fatman%20server&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=c3fe1decc135fe9e&ix=seb&ion=1&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=c3fe1decc135fe9e&biw=1600&bih=771&ix=seb&ion=1

Obviously I am very bad on him. In before a melee class takes no skill, but an autofacing ranged class does. LOL.

BTW I always solo queue. With my scoundrel I usually ran around without chest piece/head on, asian character model. Usually say /flawless victory after killing a sorc/sage as well. Make them rage quit faster. Should have been obvious from the 0 mvp votes despite leading everything including objectives that it was a solo queue.

Such great deductive reasoning you guys have! Good call.

Whatever. You guys are the best. I am bad. Hybrid spec sage/sorc is perfectly balanced (LOL). I never once complained in beta about madness/balance or lightning/tele. In fact I could lead dmg as pure TK to be honest. It isn't bad. Madness/Balance spec is as good as any class in the game. My only complaint of Madness/balance was I wish it was more complicated and challenging. I never said it was overpowered.

I simply complained that one spec (which I played) was stupidly OP. I got attacked by people like you in beta. But whatever. Enjoy this game dying due to bad feedback/harassment of people giving GOOD FEEDBACK in beta.

Fact. The hybrid spec of assassin/shadow did NOT need a nerf. Sage/Sorc hybrid did. If Bioware/EA is saying that hybrid specs were not their intention? Why the hell hasn't the most OP hybrid spec in the game been touched?

A) The design team is clueless and or biased.

B) They are catering to their mass player base/mass QQ'rs (sage/sorc) because they are afraid they will lose mass customers when the next WoW expansion hits.

Your choice. Done with this thread. I simply don't care anymore. Same crap that happened in beta. Called bad by scrubnubs who call a class that takes longer to kill then tanks/healers (when hybrid specced) "squishy".

As Han said...Boring conversation anyways. My sentinel/marauder is better then my scoundrel EVER WAS pre nerf. Does it need nerfed? Not before the hybrid spec on sage/sorc...

Oh and as for the tracer missile crap? That class is easily countered. Hybrid Sage/sorc is not. I could log on a game and lead dmg on my scoundrel by 100 k. What would you say? OP class, no skill blah blah. It is pointless to argue with you scrubs.

So you win. Enjoy empty servers.

Edited by biowareftw

My 50 is a scoundrel Liu-kang. The Fatman server. Do you have threads about you on the internet? What is your character name?

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=liu-kang%20the%20fatman%20server&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=c3fe1decc135fe9e&ix=seb&ion=1&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=c3fe1decc135fe9e&biw=1600&bih=771&ix=seb&ion=1

Obviously I am very bad on him. In before a melee class takes no skill, but an autofacing ranged class does. LOL.

BTW I always solo queue. With my scoundrel I usually ran around without chest piece/head on, asian character model. Usually say /flawless victory after killing a sorc/sage as well. Make them rage quit faster. Should have been obvious from the 0 mvp votes despite leading everything including objectives that it was a solo queue.

Such great deductive reasoning you guys have! Good call.

Whatever. You guys are the best. I am bad. Hybrid spec sage/sorc is perfectly balanced (LOL). I never once complained in beta about madness/balance or lightning/tele. In fact I could lead dmg as pure TK to be honest. It isn't bad. Madness/Balance spec is as good as any class in the game. My only complaint of Madness/balance was I wish it was more complicated and challenging. I never said it was overpowered.

I simply complained that one spec (which I played) was stupidly OP. I got attacked by people like you in beta. But whatever. Enjoy this game dying due to bad feedback/harassment of people giving GOOD FEEDBACK in beta.

Fact. The hybrid spec of assassin/shadow did NOT need a nerf. Sage/Sorc hybrid did. If Bioware/EA is saying that hybrid specs were not their intention? Why the hell hasn't the most OP hybrid spec in the game been touched?

A) The design team is clueless and or biased.

B) They are catering to their mass player base/mass QQ'rs (sage/sorc) because they are afraid they will lose mass customers when the next WoW expansion hits.

Your choice. Done with this thread. I simply don't care anymore. Same crap that happened in beta. Called bad by scrubnubs who call a class that takes longer to kill then tanks/healers (when hybrid specced) "squishy".

As Han said...Boring conversation anyways. My sentinel/marauder is better then my scoundrel EVER WAS pre nerf. Does it need nerfed? Not before the hybrid spec on sage/sorc...

Oh and as for the tracer missile crap? That class is easily countered. Hybrid Sage/sorc is not. I could log on a game and lead dmg on my scoundrel by 100 k. What would you say? OP class, no skill blah blah. It is pointless to argue with you scrubs.

So you win. Enjoy empty servers.

Why do I get the feeling that most of your days are filled with frustrating social interactions?

Edited by Marcuspasnicus

My 50 is a scoundrel Liu-kang. The Fatman server.

Then next time don't post screenshots of your level 42 in your rage threads. Good luck in WoW and I hope your able to fall in love with someone there that isn't a guy playing a female character. Protip: Female night elves in their underwear dancing on mailboxes are most likely guys.

Edited by Rhazesx

It gets affected by diminishing returns even more now. People will just have to wait and see how the #s turn out on live but it's still not going to do any good to a lot of the DPS classes.

I'm curious where in the patch notes it says it gets affected by DR even more now?

"Surge rating has been re-balanced. It now reaches diminishing returns the same way as other damage ratings...."

You do realize that currently, the DR on surge are much worse than those on the other combat stats, right?

Here's some reading you guys should do before crying that the sky is falling:

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=2701841#post2701841

I'm curious where in the patch notes it says it gets affected by DR even more now?

"Surge rating has been re-balanced. It now reaches diminishing returns the same way as other damage ratings...."

You do realize that currently, the DR on surge are much worse than those on the other combat stats, right?

Here's some reading you guys should do before crying that the sky is falling:

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=2701841#post2701841

I expect by end of week Bioware will make it more clear. I'm not to concerned about it.