People are exaggerating the few problems SWTOR has.

ValaxDarkseer

Does SWTOR have problems and the occassional bug? Of course. Every game does. WoW had way more bugs than SWTOR at launch but did any of you complain about that? Prolly not

My point is that most of the problems being mentioned are likely greatly exaggerated and in some cases have been made up entirely by trolls (fake ban posts for example). Most performance issues are on the users end because of low end computers as Bioware has already stated.

Please stop complaining about problems which are not Biowares fault or will soon be fixed. They are working hard and gave us one of the greatest MMO's ever made (with the best story by far btw :jawa_biggrin: )

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is swtor missing almost every decent feature modern mmo's have and that people take for granted? (server transfers/forums/cross server bg's, instances/in game, out of game re-customization) Sure, does it have more bugs then my ant farm? sure. Isn't it missing more graphical configuration then it has? sure.

But guys come on...can't we all just accept what we're given without complaint?

Wont sticking our heads in the sand be far better then trying to get problems addressed?

Is swtor missing almost every decent feature modern mmo's have and that people take for granted? (server transfers/forums/cross server bg's, instances/in game, out of game re-customization) Sure, does it have more bugs then my ant farm? sure. Isn't it missing more graphical configuration then it has? sure.

Wont sticking our heads in the sand be far better then trying to get problems addressed?

Do you really have an ant farm? I always wanted one as a kid.

but, but, but, story...

Does SWTOR have problems and the occassional bug? Of course. Every game does. WoW had way more bugs than SWTOR at launch but did any of you complain about that? Prolly not

My point is that most of the problems being mentioned are likely greatly exaggerated and in some cases have been made up entirely by trolls (fake ban posts for example). Most performance issues are on the users end because of low end computers as Bioware has already stated.

Please stop complaining about problems which are not Biowares fault or will soon be fixed. They are working hard and gave us one of the greatest MMO's ever made (with the best story by far btw :jawa_biggrin: )

And what do you reply to those problems which are NOT made up and NOT exaggerated and are not being addressed?

It's all well and good to say be patient when YOU are not the one being affected by these issues. I do sincerely hope you won't ever have any where you are in a position where you are randomly disconnected , where your PVP is made less valuable by bugs that appearantly cannot be fixed after multiple patches, where your raids are made pointless by rewards chests that fail to appear (and which is now FINALLY going to be fixed after it being reported in EARLY beta) ....

People who are enjoying the game don't like to hear bad things. My suggestion? Browse other sections of the forum besides general if you don't want to hear the GENERAL impression of the game people have who are not enthralled by the concept of what they are seeing.

I like when people call the game broken because of some minor bug

example would be how people keep claiming the last two patches "broke" the game when all they did was create a small bug that in no way made any of the game unplayable

me personally I have not had any problems other then small inconveinences that I just moved past and forgot about

as for fps issues I have a old computer with a i3 and gtx 550 and the game plays fine for me on high settings without shadows, i lag occasionally in warzones but it is far from unplayable and has improved considerably since beta and launch. I am not saying people dont have problems but it seems every fps problem is unique and I agree 100% people are over exagerating when it comes to bugs and fps issues

Do you really have an ant farm? I always wanted one as a kid.

I do and a frog who's leg was accidentally broken while I was mowing my lawn, I mention him in detail because I call him "Rancor" he has a bowl that I drop crickets/meal worms in for him.

and two dogs six cats five birds.

But we're drifting off topic here...

Were you hired by the op to prove his point?

Were you hired by the op to prove his point?

Was his point; The game is missing many features and is riddled with bugs?

Or perhaps his point was bioware has shown a remarkable ability to not listen to it's customers when implementing any changes? did we really need the strobe light cooldowns?

If so I wish, Because though I really enjoy the game I don't let that blind me.

Defend bioware to the hilt if you like, maybe I just expect more from my money.

Frankly, the only real proplem SWTOR (IMO) has is lack of PvP built into areas like Ilum, and to have several more of them [planets]... It's missing "RvR", pvp that keeps player involved for longer chunks of time whether that be to achieve new gear or w/e. Roaming in a zone only goes so far IMO. Edited by WLpride

Was his point; The game is missing many features and is riddled with bugs?

Or perhaps his point was bioware has shown a remarkable ability to not listen to it's customers when implementing any changes? did we really need the strobe light cooldowns?

If so I wish, Because though I really enjoy the game I don't let that blind me.

Defend bioware to the hilt if you like, maybe I just expect more from my money.

His point was there are people like you who greatly exaggerate. Well there's also about trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

His point was there are people like you who greatly exaggerate. Well there's also about trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt too If I actually believed you weren't trolling me.

*various pvp hacks

*chest spawn camping hacks, including terrain exploiting and teleportation

*Operation bosses not giving proper rewards/resetting randomly

*victory recognition not counting.

*abysmal graphical options and content, beta high def graphics missing from final product. Anti aliasing a joke.

*Flashpoint completion randomly not counted.

many more.

Those are just the bugs off the top of my head, not including the many high end pc's that can't run the game on low settings.

And not even getting into the many features missing.

Most of those bugs have been "fixed" several times now.

As I said I enjoy the game, but lets take off the rose colored glass' eh?

It's all well and good to say be patient when YOU are not the one being affected by these issues. I do sincerely hope you won't ever have any

where you are in a position where you are randomly disconnected ,

how often is this happening I have been disconected twice since early access and was able to log right back in

where your PVP is made less valuable by bugs that appearantly cannot be fixed after multiple patches,

are you talkin lag/fps issues, valor gains, daily rewards, or something else. these are the only issues I have heard about in pvp besides people complaining about hacking

where your raids are made pointless by rewards chests that fail to appear (and which is now FINALLY going to be fixed after it being reported in EARLY beta) ....

2 operations would of been completed but SOA kept resetting and 1 were no loot dropped, other times everything worked fine, many have beat both raids in hard and nightmare and many people have gotten the rewards

whats my point? these are minor problems but people act like the game is the worst most buggy unplayable peice of crap out there when yes it has some problems but 98% [yes I made up that number] plays fine and does not have bugs

points to sig for all them haters. as ellen once said the other day, "haters are my motivators"

As a game developer, I can tell you that the link in your sig is comical when I don't think it was meant to be. It baffles me that people keep using it.

whats my point? these are minor problems but people act like the game is the worst most buggy unplayable peice of crap out there when yes it has some problems but 98% [yes I made up that number] plays fine and does not have bugs

The issue is that belittling people's effort to try to express what displeases them about the game is as bad as exaggerating the issues.

Occasional bug? the orkan man wouldnt even come anywhere near this game

Guess you dont play the game then if you think the bugs are overexagerrated.

Every bug is biowares fault, its there game. Yes some bugs/exploits are unavoidable until people start playing the game and get into it but still these are the people that wrote the game you would think they would know where everything is.

Sounds like you want to blame the players for finding the bugs. Hey if no one plays then no one can find the bugs so everyone stop playing and guess what no more bugs.

I like when people call the game broken because of some minor bug

example would be how people keep claiming the last two patches "broke" the game when all they did was create a small bug that in no way made any of the game unplayable

Minor bugs? :eek:

They've screwed up their primary level 50 world zone in every patch since 1.1 went live. People aren't getting credit for WZ wins. A major part of this game is completely broken and you think it is a minor bug?

The issue is that belittling people's effort to try to express what displeases them about the game is as bad as exaggerating the issues.

really is that the issue?

I thought the thread was about people over exaggerating the problems in the game...

I quoted complaints made in a argument that these issue were not over exaggerated and questioned the actual reality in how "game breaking" these complaints are. was I belittleing them? maybe, because like I said in my post they are minor problems and are not happening to everyone all the time so they are not really all that important to fix compared to issues that keep players from being able to play at all.

I would call you a troll because you had no valid response to my post other than try to incite a reaction for some unknown reason that only you in your lonley time wasting could know but I know we are not allowed to call people trolls here so I will just let the implication be what it is

Minor bugs? :eek:

They've screwed up their primary level 50 world zone in every patch since 1.1 went live. People aren't getting credit for WZ wins. A major part of this game is completely broken and you think it is a minor bug?

not getting credit for warzone wins twords their daily in no way makes it so a player cannot play the game so yes it is minor

now if they were not getting any xp or credits for wins like it never happened then it would be alittle more serious but still not game breaking you are just doing warzones for fun :D

and illum is the most over exaggerated problem in the game. it is not broken and the valor/turret/base camping have been addresed and fixxed rather quikly, everyone who says that its broken and bioware should just remove it from the game are the biggest offenders of overexaggeration. it can be fun if played right and there is alot of pvp going on in illum right now compared to before the patch, is it perfect? of course not that is why they are still working on it. is it broken... in my opinon, not even close

Edited by Vis-Tecum

well, to be fair, the devs got the exaggeration ball rolling with their marketing videos.

Actually, you're underestimating the real problems this game has, which are not simple bugs, but fundamental flaws with the game design and architecture.

Constrained, claustrophobic zones. Nothing to explore, no reason to leave fleet after 50. Dead, lifeless planets with NPC that stand in clumps waiting for you to come kill them. Simplistic NPC AI that just mindlessly fights to the death every time. Nothing but kill/collect quests. Only one level appropriate planet at a time so 80% of the leveling is the same the 2nd time through. Cookie cutter talents. Homogenized class roles. Simple class mechanics. Dull Op/FP encounter design.

It's not just bugs or lack of features. The fundamental design of the game is rotten, and won't keep people's interests for a long-term MMO. It's a fine single-player game, but there's no depth, and even the most ardent fans will be bored in a few months.