Shinarika - Shadow PvP

Xinika

SPOILER ALERT!: (Skip to 00:34 and avoid from 12:30-13:08) Consular Storyline.

or

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=1951

Jedi Shadow PvP

<Watchmen>

The Corsair

Specs used:

0/31/10 "Infiltration burst" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGbRkhrbtzZf0cM.1)

17/21/3 "Kevin Bacon" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601dcrokMMZhGdMkzr0zZc.1)

26/0/15 "Shin" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rMrokrskcZZf0cRr.1)

Notes:

I found the useage of the "Shin" spec to be very viable towards the upcoming rated Wzs. I also find it superior to the Kevin Bacon spec in every way imaginable. The spec has the mitigation of a tank with good consistent damage and additional utility. It even features force pull! (You'll notice this spec because I can use spinning kick in combat.)

Infiltration burst spec is fun and high in burst damage, but in future more competitive fights, I can't say it's viability will be all that special. A special thanks to Watchmen for the support and constant laughter they provide. Without them, PvP just wouldn't be the fun that it is.

Track List:

Philip glass - Pruit Igoe

John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Republica - Ready to go

Delphic - Counterpoint

Innerpartysystem - Don't stop

Moloko - Pure Pleasure Seeker

Oceansize - Heaven Alive

Tools used:

PSI

Shinarika

Sony Vegas

Fraps

Enjoy. I'd be happy to help with any questions/suggestions concerning this class.

Edited by Xinika

Impressive.. impressive indeed. I am a infiltration spec myself and your video inspired me to stick with it. I am having trouble burst damaging like you did in your video though. Your projects were hitting like a ton of bricks. I am 0/33/8 spec. Please share your secrets ;)

Impressive.. impressive indeed. I am a infiltration spec myself and your video inspired me to stick with it. I am having trouble burst damaging like you did in your video though. Your projects were hitting like a ton of bricks. I am 0/33/8 spec. Please share your secrets ;)

My gear is decked to soft cap surge (roughly 86%) and then I stack power to fill in the gaps. This assures that even when my adrenals are down, as you can see in the vid, I still hit hard regardless. I should also mention that my willpower is ridiculously high. (Datacrons+ PvE gear mix)

Power

Surge

Crit

Edited by Xinika

good vid, one of the few that understands class mechanics. one question i have tho. why u use double strike so much? i mean yes it hits slightly harder than CS and can definitaly crit alot harder but having 2 buff stacks on every project is overall better dps imo. maybe u feel different about it?

good vid, one of the few that understands class mechanics. one question i have tho. why u use double strike so much? i mean yes it hits slightly harder than CS and can definitaly crit alot harder but having 2 buff stacks on every project is overall better dps imo. maybe u feel different about it?

That's because the specs I'm using Double Strike with, I do not have CS :p. Those are clips with hybrid builds. Kevin Bacon and my own 26/0/15 spec.

How much expertise are you giving up to keep the surge and crit stats and how many slots are you filling in with pvp gear?

My expertise is 627. Which is more than enough. Expertise hits a soft cap at 10% so anything over that is very minimal at best. This is why you actually lose out from stacking full PvP gear. The wiser choice would be to mix PvE sets in. You gain more health and more stats. This is currently an issue than needs to be looked at. The average joe shouldn't have to go through all types of calculations to accurately understand the weaknesses of expertise.

Great video but I have one question... why is it called Kevin Bacon spec?

Great question with a lacking answer unfortunately. I learned this spec from another Shadow known as Sojou. The spec isn't possible anymore due to the changes of circling shadows. However, the 31/0/10 build or my personal hybrid kinetic build completely overshadows it.

So for your 'shin' build... like, what is the rotation or priority list on what to do? I've only ever played full Infil because it's fun to be stealthy, but after hitting 50 i'm open to other builds. Just will have ZERO idea how to play any of them.

Have you tried "Containment Shin" it plays close to yours but with the added CC capability in the form of instant lift.

Very good for "blocking" in huttball, and other annoying tasks.

Haven't tried that one but I can see it's viability.

So for your 'shin' build... like, what is the rotation or priority list on what to do? I've only ever played full Infil because it's fun to be stealthy, but after hitting 50 i'm open to other builds. Just will have ZERO idea how to play any of them.

Project > FiB > Breach > Double Strike. Use DS alot. It crits often and does good DPS. This can be an unpredictable spec to play because sometimes you may need to alternate it based on the situation. Utilizing the increased damage from stuns is also crucial. So opening with even a force stun or spinning kick can be deadly if you link all CDs accordingly. I attempt to do it on Quigley in the vid.

Added a spoiler alert to avoid this in the future. My apologies.:(

and what about those who come across it on youtubeo n their own? Really dumb idea to have spoilers right in the beginning without a spoiler tag in the video title. disliked due to the disservice and harm.

and what about those who come across it on youtubeo n their own? Really dumb idea to have spoilers right in the beginning without a spoiler tag in the video title. disliked due to the disservice and harm.

There is one on youtube, o.O.

Question for the OP.....which spec is less gear dependent? Also in the "Shin" spec can you tank HM?

31/0/10, is the easiest to gear. However, your damage won't be that high till you get a good amount of willpower, power, surge and crit.

"Shin" spec will have difficulty tanking HMs due to the lack of Slow Time. This spec is equally as hard to gear up as 31/0/10.

"Infiltration Burst" spec has a fairly easy time to gear up. Probably in the middle of all these specs.

"Kevin Bacon" spec is outdated and not possible anymore due to the circling shadows change.

Edited by Xinika

My gear is decked to soft cap surge (roughly 86%) and then I stack power to fill in the gaps. This assures that even when my adrenals are down, as you can see in the vid, I still hit hard regardless. I should also mention that my willpower is ridiculously high. (Datacrons+ PvE gear mix)

Power

Surge

Crit

Can you please provide your stats specs?

Or post a picture of your char screen with stats..

I originally played 31/0/10 and have been 23/0/18 for a few weeks now. About to switch back as I just don't see the benefits. The main difference is giving up an instant debuffing aoe for a targeted aoe that does more damage. I don't like it. Maybe if I could make macros to have it auto target either on top of me or max range in front of me, but as it is, the clumsiness of it makes it not worth it to me.

I also don't think the very minor pvp difference is worth sacrificing the much larger pve difference, even if I only do hard modes a couple times a month.

Can you please provide your stats specs?

Or post a picture of your char screen with stats..

This is a picture from today with BM off pieces, except belt. BM weapon. BM robe and boots. Rest champion: http://imgur.com/EAVV4

Note about BM: It is hardly even an upgrade, don't let it fool you.

Note that when you see me using the pink saber, I am still in blues. (Pink saber is a 46 saber :p). Some clips, I don't even have 3 pieces of champion gear. My stat priority looks like this:

Willpower

Surge (till 80%+)

Power

Crit

Expertise past 10% hits a HUGE diminishing returns cap. So anything past this number is very minimal at best. I also mix/match mods from different gear to attain my gear output.

I originally played 31/0/10 and have been 23/0/18 for a few weeks now. About to switch back as I just don't see the benefits. The main difference is giving up an instant debuffing aoe for a targeted aoe that does more damage. I don't like it. Maybe if I could make macros to have it auto target either on top of me or max range in front of me, but as it is, the clumsiness of it makes it not worth it to me.

I also don't think the very minor pvp difference is worth sacrificing the much larger pve difference, even if I only do hard modes a couple times a month.

I agree. I find 31/0/10 superior to every other Shadow spec for PvP. My new vid features 31/0/10 as the main spec, as it's now my MS period. My personal spec you would need to adjust accordingly because the useage of FiB can be a little tricky.

Very nice vid. 5 stars. ;]

Thank you!

Edited by Xinika

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.