Upcoming Legacy Info

redfield

Legacy level 5: you get purple hair

Legacy level 10: you get access to special social gear (social points are bugged for many people)

Legacy level 20: you get a useless pet

Legacy level 30-90: insert fluff

Legacy level 100: bugged

Legacy level 5: you get purple hair which is removed by every headpiece in the game

Legacy level 10: you get access to special social gear (social points are bugged for many people) which is bugged and makes you invisible

Legacy level 20: you get a useless pet which is bugged and only lasts 30 seconds on a 30min cooldown.

Legacy level 30-90: insert fluff which happens to be bugged.

Legacy level 100: bugged

Fixed.

Edited by Keii

Even allowing time for bugs to be ironed out, please tell me there is more to it than this :eek:

Unfortunately nobody knows at this point but Bioware (if even they themselves know).

There's supposed to be an announcement in March about the details of the system. Who knows when it will actually be implemented.

One thing is guaranteed though, everyone will have already rolled their alt(s) by then.

I hope it's more along the lines of having "racial" unlockable abilities. I think just allowing mirakula to be sith, or chiss being troopers..sounds neat..but not for me enough.

I wouldn't mind it allowing for cross account options like "shared" character cargo room between characters, but again, I'd rather it allow for abilities or bonuses.

Allow for other class companions could be ok. Not sure how'd you fit it plot wise.:confused:

So far my wish list would be giving each race an ability they can access...maybe tiered access. maybe some resists, bonuses to stats, ability to teleport yourself to other planets directly...maybe the ability to manage all your characters crafting from one console. ie.: on my bounty hunter told these set of companions to craft, gather cybertech, underworld, another set of companions (from a different character) go gather archeology, synthweave.

This way you can manage all the character with the same legacy.

How are social points bugged?

Hardmodes don't reward social points for one that I'm aware of since the last time I checked around the forums...

And for Legacy, all we know so far are these,

-Family tree relationship system (useless fluff crap...)

-Miraluka sith warrior on Korriban. (some sort of cross faction class combination, useless at this point really by itself...)

Cross faction race/class combination NEEDS to be implemented with an ingame character appearance customizing npc, otherwise, it's just punishment for the people who already have all their alts. Changing your race isn't a big deal in this game, no one refers to you as your species, you're either human or alien, that's it if there's any mention at all. So changing player appearance isn't a problem for story, considering it's just a cosmetic option right now as there are no "species" story line.

Beyond the things you can see in the "coming up" video released a while ago, there's nothing else at this point because even BioWare hasn't figured out what they're going to do that won't piss everyone off.

Beyond the things you can see in the "coming up" video released a while ago, there's nothing else at this point because even BioWare hasn't figured out what they're going to do that won't piss everyone off.

And so, of course that pissed everyone off while they're waiting.

[/iRONY]

Edited by Monotoli

Hardmodes don't reward social points for one that I'm aware of since the last time I checked around the forums...

Thats more of a design flaw than a bug. hard modes don't allow people to "finish" the instance quest where DS/LS and social points are being awarded. Its not like the game is trying to give you the points and they aren't being rewarded.

Legacy experience points span multiple characters. They accumulate to help you earn Legacy levels which in turn unlock abilities, perks and "bind on Legacy" items. Legacy perks can range from attacks to the ability to customize your next toon's experience.

Oden gave an example "You create a Jedi Knight, you level him up to level 40 and then you decide you want to try out the Smuggler. Because you've already got the Legacy open, you've got some Legacy levels, you've got some Legacy points... you can actually buy some perks for your Smuggler character, so he might, for example, be able to buy a speeder bike at a much earlier level than your first character, allowing you to travel through the world faster."

The way your character earns XP can even be altered, "[The Smuggler] might be able to customize how he gets experience points, so he gets more experience points from playing the PvP game. You're able to essentially focus on the activities that you want to focus on in your next playthrough," Ohlen concluded.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/719852/swtor-legacy-system-guide-details-rewards-and-benefits-for-star-wars-the-old-republics-family-tree/

I like the way it says Charcter Creation! With the ! at the end implying this will be a major feature of legacy. Letting us play a species we can already play just as another class would be a bit naff. Personaly I am expecting it to be big given the amount of hype its got but I have been wrong before.

Unfortunately nobody knows at this point but Bioware (if even they themselves know).

There's supposed to be an announcement in March about the details of the system. Who knows when it will actually be implemented.

One thing is guaranteed though, everyone will have already rolled their alt(s) by then.

I thought they said the "complete legacy system" was to be implemented in March?