future classes

Charell

The only downside to adding a class in its entirety is the amount of work...scripting for a whole new class storyline. may be better to add advanced classes to the existing ones.

speaking of entirely new classes, I don't see how you could add another class that is a mirror of the existing ones. Variations of the common themes could work.

melee healer: all of the healers in the game are already ranged classes. so a melee healer would be interesting. My idea is a force user that uses melee attacks that have healing attached (medium damage on the attacks, but apply heals on each attack to a primary target), shielding/absorbing skills that split damage similar to the Juggs guard ability, and thigns such as that. less direct heals, more absorb and shield and heals over time. your burst healing ability would be in sacrificial moves, with talents that reduce the overall incoming damage to you. It was a class archetype that I thought up a while ago. I coudl go into detail but I think the main idea gets across there.

someone else mentioned the support class. i think that's another good idea. take this class (Mof for Imps, Commandr for Repub, or whatever you want to call it), and they're primary abilities are based on companions. main skill is they are allowed 2 of their companions out at any time. very few personal attack skills (perhaps a basic set that allows them to survive the first ten levels), and most of them ranged. the rest of their skills would be buffs to companions, minor healing/support abilities, and a few CC maneuvers.

Lots of interesting combinations pending your companion selection on that one, but you'd probably want to gate the companion choice with talent spec. LIke talent tree A was for tanking/dps companions, tree B was for healing/DPS, and tree C was solely DPS for PvP/PvE. they'd break the current mold of 2 specializations per AC, but perhaps that could be gated through AC as well. like make one Mof AC the military commander...tanking and DPS support, while the other is the Support Corps....Heals and DPS. they coudl still use the non suported companions, but they wouldn't get the buffs that turn them into uber companions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in general I'd like to see a pure healer class - A Jedi Healer and an Imperial Medic, or something similar.

Running a pure healer is very difficult in this game - Everyone seems to be a combat medic rather than a pure one. This is probably because it would be almost impossible to get through the legacy quest as a pure healer... But then why not just give them their own character and quest?

Basically, the character would be almost entirely centered around healing, with only minor special attacks. You'd have the choice of different medic trees to climb (AOE heals, Removing snares or Heals over time).

Panda-like race that uses heavy mercenary/trooper armor and techstaves. They would have skills like knocking sith into the air, ground pummel aoe attack, and like a cyclone skill that is immune to interrupts and charges forward 10m over a few seconds swinging the staff around like crazy. Also, your allys can ride you into battle and feed you treats

I think a class that creates droids would be good. Sort of like a hunter, but this class i think should have the ability to actually hve their tank droids tank bosses. Or maybe they have healing droids that can actually be considered as healers.

So basically they can fill Tank, healer, or dps spots for grps.

It would have to be like a pure summoning necro from Diablo 2(multiple pets, not so great casting). Playing off the droids/beasts while having "Not the best" casting, to keep it balanced.

This isn't exactly a new class, but I have an idea that I'd love to see that would be easy to implement compared to other classes (which would requiring brand new abilities, thus pve/pvp rebalancing, etc.) I'd love to see all the mirrored classes available to the opposite factions by doing a long faction-defect quest or something.

For example, perhaps once you hit 50, you have the option to do a long an irreversible quest chain that leads you to defect to the opposite faction. Thus, you maintain all of your imperial mirror abilities but are on the Republic faction (or vice versa).

I think this could be done for all classes through a unique class storyline, and the cool thing is BW wouldn't even have to do any balancing of abilities if they did this since it's mirror.

Eventually I'd love to see brand new classes, but for now I'd love to see a mirror-defect option.

Also, I would LOVE to see an advanced class devoted purely to being a support class with trees devoted to healing/buffing your party. Below are the Republic ® and Imperial (I) versions of some of my ideas. Someone would have to come up with the other advanced class that would go with this one, as I'm only having ideas for one of the AC's.

Class name: Jedi Warden ® / Sith Overseer (I)

The ability trees names and descriptions:

1. Infusion ® / Reanimation (I) - A tree devoted to healing.

2. Bulwark ® / Barrier (I) - A tree devoted to buffing comrades by mitigating and reflecting the damage they take and shielding them.

3. Invigoration ® / Stimulation (I) - A tree devoted to buffing comrades by amplifying the damage/abilities they do.

(Somewhat similar to a Bard in EQ/FF11 ability-wise, though obviously not something that is so unrelated to SWTOR lore.

Also, since the advanced class itself would have access to minor forms of all three of these, it'd be a great all-around support class.

Edited by Shlamorel

Also, I would LOVE to see an advanced class devoted purely to being a support class with trees devoted to healing/buffing your party. Below are the Republic ® and Imperial (I) versions of some of my ideas. Someone would have to come up with the other advanced class that would go with this one, as I'm only having ideas for one of the AC's.

2. Bulwark ® / Barrier (I) - A tree devoted to buffing comrades by mitigating and reflecting the damage they take and shielding them.

3. Invigoration ® / Stimulation (I) - A tree devoted to buffing comrades by amplifying the damage/abilities they do.

(Somewhat similar to a Bard in EQ/FF11 ability-wise, though obviously not something that is so unrelated to SWTOR lore.

Also, since the advanced class itself would have access to minor forms of all three of these, it'd be a great all-around support class.

This is an awesome idea. I would play it

I want this!! Like now. x''D

Swtor needs a support class. Someone to provide temporary buffs/long term buffs.

Tech based caster. Engineer style.

Placement turrets.

Probes/Driods.

Short duration buffs.

Better CC.

I want a support class SO bad again. :( But, the game does not need more Crowd Control.

Alright, after seeing and hearing Shlamorel talk about this idea I gave it some thought. Can't really comment on Lightwhips, Greatsabers, Shotosabers, unarmed/vibroknuckles etc so I'll assume all classes use current items

1. Building on the concept of Jedi Warden/Sith Overseer

-AC linked to the Consular/Inquisitor

-Force pool somewhere in between Shadow/Assassin and Consular/Sorcerer.

-Has some kind of area of effect buff related to trees, "auras" if you will

-Uses dual sabers focusing on defense (not tanking or damage)

-If this was a AC for Consular one of the "trees" would have to go, I would dare to suggest the healing one as Sages/Sorcerers already have this, the other two would be awesome

- A group cloak, not a stealth but a cloak such as Sentinel or Marauder-aggro drop, damage reduction perhaps

- I could see this character being reliant upon group support. While it would not do a ton of damage or healing in itself it would amplify those around to an extent it could not be ignored. PvP CC/knockbacks could counter perhaps. It would have some abilities with the dual sabers allowing it to survive for a bit if it did get attacked and focus fired, would not have taunts or reliable tanking abilities.

2. Smuggler Ruffian/Imperial Agent Teras Kasi Master (to give Smuggler/IA a "tank")

-an "unarmed" advance class, not quite sure how to utilize this though with current itemization, perhaps edit vibroknives to be possibly used as mainhand weapons. The AC for smuggler would get this proficiency then.

-two AC specific trees, tanking and damage dealing

-Would not have stealth

-Ranged damage could be done with pistol/rifle while melee abilities would require a mainhand vibroknife/knuckles/we

-Class would focus on melee combat for the most part, damage, tanking and debuffs

-cover mechanics: "mobile cover?"

-this class would be an in your face smuggler with tanking capability as well as straight damage and debuffs

-a short debuff which would increase damage taken by a moderate amount on a single target, long cooldown

-several avoidance cooldowns, as Shadows/Assassins have a buff that increases Shield chance for a limited number of hits this could have something for Defense Avoidance

3. Havoc Spotter/Bounty Hunter Warhead or Skybolt

-roles: AoE damage, single debuffs/damage

-Spotter would gain proficiency with sniper rifle/generator offhand, Warhead would with shotgun

- this class would focus heavily on AoE damage abilities, having many at their disposal. Mines, bombs, airstrikes, missiles etc. Also would be able to debuff or single target damage with sniper rifle/shotgun. Incendiary rounds, accuracy reduction, slows etc

-this class would be good for large groups of enemies, or defending an area from attacks. Mines/bombs could include fragmentation, smoke, gas etc

4. Jedi Bruiser or Bodyguard/Sith Beserker

-AC class for Knight/Warrior

-roles damage dealing/healing

-cooldowns to buff offensive capability at the cost of survival

- "melee" healer

-uses a saberstaff mainhand with generator/shield off hand

-medium armor

-This class would deal damage mostly through large and expensive hits, while the sentinel and marauder do smaller numbers that build up with their trees and the occassional medium number this class would hit hard, at a cost of 7-9 Focus/Rage, which is a lot

-healing would occur by building up focus via melee and then unleashing it via shouts, defensive lightsaber throw etc

-Defensive throw: a channeled ability increasing defense/redirecting damage to the Berserker OR absorbing damage for the target

-core ability: Spinning Spikes/Strikes (not sure why this ability is used by so many NPCs but not any class) AoE with 10m range channeled from center

-would not have a defensive stance/guard abilities, would have a taunt and aggro drop though

-symbiotic defensive/offensive attributes: defensive stats would give a small bonus to offense and vice versa

-no stealth

-This class would be standing near the tank, supporting them as they can or causing damage via large strikes to the target. AoE "shout" heal or using their saber for defending others, life transfer. In PvP this class could have some serious single target burst by building up focus and then burning it away in 1-2 gobal cooldowns. Similar situation with certain heals. Not having a tank stance this class would be vulnerable to burning down, even with some decent mitigation attributes without cooldown use. It would be quite vulnerable when engaged in offensive cooldowns, perhaps even trading in defensive stats for damage. The ability to taunt would allow some PvP tanking and a minimal amount of PvE offtanking, the character would "eat" certain attacks.

Hope these silly ideas were relatively clear and understandable, is an interesting theory but I doubt we'll see anything like this.

Edited by ScornOfLife
Update

Alright, after seeing and hearing Shlamorel talk about this idea I gave it some thought. Can't really comment on Lightwhips, Greatsabers, Shotosabers, unarmed/vibroknuckles etc so I'll assume all classes use current items

1. Building on the concept of Jedi Warden/Sith Overseer

-AC linked to the Consular/Inquisitor

-Force pool somewhere in between Shadow/Assassin and Consular/Sorcerer.

-Has some kind of area of effect buff related to trees, "auras" if you will

-Uses dual sabers focusing on defense (not tanking or damage)

-If this was a AC for Consular one of the "trees" would have to go, I would dare to suggest the healing one as Sages/Sorcerers already have this, the other two would be awesome

- A group cloak, not a stealth but a cloak such as Sentinel or Marauder-aggro drop, damage reduction perhaps

- I could see this character being reliant upon group support. While it would not do a ton of damage or healing in itself it would amplify those around to an extent it could not be ignored. PvP CC/knockbacks could counter perhaps. It would have some abilities with the dual sabers allowing it to survive for a bit if it did get attacked and focus fired, would not have taunts or reliable tanking abilities.

2. Smuggler Ruffian/Imperial Agent Teras Kasi Master (to give Smuggler/IA a "tank")

-an "unarmed" advance class, not quite sure how to utilize this though with current itemization, perhaps edit vibroknives to be possibly used as mainhand weapons. The AC for smuggler would get this proficiency then.

-two AC specific trees, tanking and damage dealing

-Would not have stealth

-Ranged damage could be done with pistol/rifle while melee abilities would require a mainhand vibroknife/knuckles/we

-Class would focus on melee combat for the most part, damage, tanking and debuffs

-cover mechanics: "mobile cover?"

-this class would be an in your face smuggler with tanking capability as well as straight damage and debuffs

-a short debuff which would increase damage taken by a moderate amount on a single target, long cooldown

-several avoidance cooldowns, as Shadows/Assassins have a buff that increases Shield chance for a limited number of hits this could have something for Defense Avoidance

3. Havoc Spotter/Bounty Hunter Warhead or Skybolt

-roles: AoE damage, single debuffs/damage

-Spotter would gain proficiency with sniper rifle/generator offhand, Warhead would with shotgun

- this class would focus heavily on AoE damage abilities, having many at their disposal. Mines, bombs, airstrikes, missiles etc. Also would be able to debuff or single target damage with sniper rifle/shotgun. Incendiary rounds, accuracy reduction, slows etc

-this class would be good for large groups of enemies, or defending an area from attacks. Mines/bombs could include fragmentation, smoke, gas etc

4. Jedi Bruiser or Bodyguard/Sith Beserker

-AC class for Knight/Warrior

-roles damage dealing/healing

-cooldowns to buff offensive capability at the cost of survival

- "melee" healer

-uses a saberstaff mainhand with generator/shield off hand

-medium armor

-This class would deal damage mostly through large and expensive hits, while the sentinel and marauder do smaller numbers that build up with their trees and the occassional medium number this class would hit hard, at a cost of 7-9 Focus/Rage, which is a lot

-healing would occur by building up focus via melee and then unleashing it via shouts, defensive lightsaber throw etc

-Defensive throw: a channeled ability increasing defense/redirecting damage to the Berserker OR absorbing damage for the target

-core ability: Spinning Spikes/Strikes (not sure why this ability is used by so many NPCs but not any class) AoE with 10m range channeled from center

-would not have a defensive stance/guard abilities, would have a taunt and aggro drop though

-symbiotic defensive/offensive attributes: defensive stats would give a small bonus to offense and vice versa

-no stealth

-This class would be standing near the tank, supporting them as they can or causing damage via large strikes to the target. AoE "shout" heal or using their saber for defending others, life transfer. In PvP this class could have some serious single target burst by building up focus and then burning it away in 1-2 gobal cooldowns. Similar situation with certain heals. Not having a tank stance this class would be vulnerable to burning down, even with some decent mitigation attributes without cooldown use. It would be quite vulnerable when engaged in offensive cooldowns, perhaps even trading in defensive stats for damage. The ability to taunt would allow some PvP tanking and a minimal amount of PvE offtanking, the character would "eat" certain attacks.

Hope these silly ideas were relatively clear and understandable, is an interesting theory but I doubt we'll see anything like this.

I love this idea but to anyone who reached 50 with that class, it will be an issue for them as it is the same storyline over again unless they allow ac resets.

This is true, there is an element of staleness I suppose. I played Guardian and Sentinel to 50 and was actually able to stay engaged, even with the Reputation. The alignment choices I made created quite a difference actually, while both character were the same "color" the shades varied enough to create an altered storyline. Assuming more drastic choice differences were made also allows the experience to stay somewhat fun.

It's never gonna happen but I would love to see those classes.

Swtor needs a support class. Someone to provide temporary buffs/long term buffs.

Tech based caster. Engineer style.

Placement turrets.

Probes/Driods.

Short duration buffs.

Better CC.

guess you missed the boat on this being a trinity game...

guess you missed the boat on this being a trinity game...

???

Trinity refers to three.. the trinity in other games is, Tanking, Damage, Healing.. Not sure how a buff/debuff class is actually part of said trinity. Would it be a quadrinity with a purely support class added in?

A support class usually compliments the tank, Healer, or DPS. They make quality of life things for the group and micro manage buffs/debuffs. I didn't think this being a "trinity game" would affect that. I come from LOTRO and I figured that was a trinity game, yet it has the Captain (Offensive/defensive buffs, capable off-tank and off-healer) Lore-Master (Micromanage debuffs on the group, off-heal, debuff), and Burglar (DPS, lots of debuffs, was the only class able to reliably open up group maneuvers). I have never played WoW but I would assume it has support classes as well.

I remember someone posting bout slavemaster and beastmaster, I would say to give those guys the whips. have a tank/dmg adv class and a all dmg class. probs mid-ranged like vanguard. medium armor, not sure what the resource pool or what the advanced classes names would be. plus, the storyline wouldnt have much to do with "help your faction win the war" sort of thing.

then, I would have to say that if ther were to be anther healing class, It would be kool if it was a jedi/sith again, since ther are already 2 other non force sensitive healers (scoundrel/op, merc/comm)

just tossin out ideas :)

Base class: Sith Overseer

Range: medium (15-20 meters)

Weapon: Light whip

Armor: light

Primary stat: aim

Uses beasts for stance/cylinder

Shared tree concentrates on non-targetable ranged dps beast and light whip dps

AC 1: Beastmaster

Healer/debuffer/dps

Uses beasts to supplement damage and abilities

AC specific beasts are targetable

1st tree concentrates on melee dps beast and healing

2nd tree concentrates on debuffing beast and dps

AC 2: Alchemist

Avoidance tank/buffer/dps

Beasts are untargetable, used essentially as stances

Upgrades to medium armor

1st tree uses insect swarm for reactive damage and potions/force abilities to increase avoidance

2nd tree uses buffing beast and potions to buff party, force abilities to dps

Mirror:

SIS agent

Weapon: bowcaster

Uses droids/probes instead of beasts/potions

I would love to see a class based off the Imperial Guard (the guys in the long red robes) and an Imperial Trooper. I guess the Imperial Guard guys could be melee dps non-force users, with vibroblades/staves. It'd be interesting to see how one would make the Imperial Trooper different from the Bounty Hunters, maybe give them vibro blades too, melee non-force tanks, or a support role with buffing/de-buffing. I'm not sure of republic mirrors, but am sure there are things out there that could fit. Beast handlers would be a lot of fun and could fit either side.

I don't think we need any more classes imo, bioware pretty much got the jist of the Star Wars character scenario...

However I think that every class should be able to DPS / HEAL / TANK. And ONLY be viable in that AC decision

Such as a TANK actually tanks. Or a healer heals. But still be capable of solo leveling. Instead of all classes having DPS option.

For example Sith Warrior ACs.

Jugg - Tank

Mara - DPS

**** - Heal

Or Agents

Sniper- DPS

Operative - Heal

**** - Tank

I say this because, it seems like some people have animosity towards Tank classes doing DPS

And from what I can tell I don't see very many DPS Juggs running around getting grps...

IMPERIAL GUARD - Melee dps, uses tech staff

Republic Officer? I really don't know what could counter the Imperial Guard, but I would love to see the an Imperial Guard class that looks like the Red Guards from the movies.