future classes

Charell

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a pirate for the empire which could be a non force user melee and its mirror could be a thug for the black sun in the republic

black sun as an ally to the republic ... no no ... the republic would become allys with the empire first before an alliance with the black sun would ever go over ..

the empire vs the republic is like, the cold war between russia and the usa ...

the blacksun vs the republic is like, al-Qaeda vs the usa

black sun as an ally to the republic ... no no ... the republic would become allys with the empire first before an alliance with the black sun would ever go over ..

the empire vs the republic is like, the cold war between russia and the usa ...

the blacksun vs the republic is like, al-Qaeda vs the usa

then how about a republic scout for a non force melee

here are some more cool class's, and their role

Republic politician: ranged healer

Imperial Slave master: melee tank

Pirate: melee or ranged dps

Republic spy: melee or ranged dps

gangster: healer/ dps

republic merchant: tank

• 1 month later...
here are some more cool class's, and their role

Republic politician: ranged healer

Imperial Slave master: melee tank

Pirate: melee or ranged dps

Republic spy: melee or ranged dps

gangster: healer/ dps

republic merchant: tank

Haha, all are good but how will the ganster heal? Pass out bottles of syzzurp? :D

You would have to wonder how much work would be involved with putting together a new class story / voice overs etc for any new lvl1 class, and of wether Bioware would perhaps be more inclined with the idea of having "Elite" classes unlock at higher lvl's in the future insted.

Elite classes that could perhaps be unlocked much in the same way as when you get your advanced class, and skill tree's etc.

That being said - some ideas :

Fallen Jedi - mirror - Redeemed Sith

Wookie - mirror - Evolved Droid <<<< "As a race+class all in one"

Imperial Eradicator - mirror - Republic Demolition Squad

Imperial Mastermind - mirror - Republic Kingmaker

I can see Bioware adding a Monk class to TOR. Imagine, putting down all this silly fighting, liberating yourself from the physical and being able to spend your eternity pondering the existence of the universe as a B'ommar Monk. Of course, you can't move as you don't get your spider walker until level 50 and so instead of fighting you level up by philosophizing the Universe... (For those non-SW nerds who don't get this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B%27omarr_Order )

Seriously, I've been thinking myself and the class I'd -love- to see is a melee only (no blasters a la current non-force melee) non-force user class. For lore, I've been thinking about the Republic having a Gladiator who wishes not to be forced to join the Empire under the current Mandalore, and for Empire a Sith Honor Guard (think like the Emperor's Red Guard in VI) seems to suit, from what I can tell they're Sith aristocracy but not force sensitive, the story could play in that you're trying to secure a place in the Empire for yourself but you are not Sith (similar to Agent but less Imp. Intelligence)

Just taking napkin logic on the current classes, there's 8 ACs (not counting mirrors), 3 are ranged and 5 are melee-centric, so maybe a class that is ranged/ranged (like how JK archetype is melee/melee) would suit better but the above is just an idea I've been thinking on myself

• 4 weeks later...

I think a class that creates droids would be good. Sort of like a hunter, but this class i think should have the ability to actually hve their tank droids tank bosses. Or maybe they have healing droids that can actually be considered as healers.

So basically they can fill Tank, healer, or dps spots for grps.

-Teras Kasi artist (both for imps and pubs)

-Droid (new race with unique class options) Assassin, medical, destroyer. Each with 2 different ACs.

-Imperial Trooper and some rep mirror (Yes there is already pub troopers, but the imp trooper doesnt have to be like it)

-Republic spy and some imp mirror (Yes there is already the imp agent, but the pub spy doesnt have to be like it)

-Slavehandler

-Beastmaster

-Engineer (maybe a jawa race will see the light of day) Should work similar to WaR engineers. Summoning guns, mines, droids, probes, bombs and so on.

-Wookie (new race with some unique class options) Maybe a berserker, ranger/hunter with a bow slinger.

I have thought of having elite classes and side classes or secondary classes .

Elite classes being something like our advanced classes that we get to pick after lvl 50, each having their own story. The classes could be named after the trees that we already have so

Sith Warrior

Marauder. Juggernaut

Annihilater. Carnage. Rager. Immortal. Vengeante

Each having their own skill trees and abilities.

Side classes, or secondary classes would be a set of classes that could be added on to existing characters. These could alter or enhance our game play. Example

Beast master - tanking

Pet handling class that calls on beasts to their aid and be tanks. As a tank this "adds" to the amount of damage you can take, as a DPS they will allow you to last longer, become a little bit of a hybrid, as a healer this means you focus more on healing the whole time.

Droid handler -dps pet

Mandalorian - tank

Echani warrior - melee dps

I am sure that several people could come up with thousands of ideas of how to continue this. But one more would be traito r so republic goes imp and imp goes rep.

These are just a few ideas I've had

Imperial

Beast Master (or Sith Alchemist) Base Class

ACs:

Tuk'ata Trainer

DPS/Debuffs - Directs DPS pet(s) in a commander type role, can't directly attack or be attacked, but can debuff enemies. Dies when pet(s) die.

Wampa Trainer

Tank/Buffs - Directs Tank pet in a commander type role, can't directly attack or be attacked, but can buff pet/allies. Dies when pet dies.

Can purchase creature mounts from trainer at 20/40/50

Republic

Nanotech Base Class

ACs:

Eliminator

DPS/Debuffs - Controls HK Assassin Droid(s), Mirror of Imperial Tuk'ata Trainer

Patriot

Tank/Buffs - Controls a War Droid , Mirror of Imperial Wampa Trainer

Can purchase droid mounts from trainer at 20/40/50

Bioware would be able to use the current race selections and the pet models are already in the game so they wouldn't need to drastically change anything.

Kills the want for pet and buff classes with one blaster shot.

Edited by Skullbash