Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.

How about a charcter copy rather than transfer... I'd like to test new stuff but not also lose all the people i know on my server.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, thank you to all of you who gave constructive feedback here. We've closed the poll as we feel we have a good indication of your opinions. As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.

Possibly more than any part of the game, UI is a very subjective topic, so we understand the varied opinions expressed here. The long-term aim for The Old Republic is to give players flexibility in their UI choices and the changes coming for Game Update 1.2 will allow for more of that. ...

Canceled. Failure to acknowledge the existence of people that this game has made ill and not even giving us hope that there would be appropriate changes allowing us to play again before the next billing cycle is not a good way to be treating your customers.

Edited by Keta

Poll is closed.

Though I'd vote I don't like it.

I don't know which skills are ready to use because it flashes even the ones that I have insufficient focus to use.

I'm pretty much blindly mashing my buttons for my skills, hoping they go off. Especially frustrating in PVP.

I personally do not like the changes made to the UI. The previous one one (minus it not being customizable) was fine and working for me. All the flashing and the blue bars make it much more difficult to figure out CD's then ever before. Reverting to the prior UI before this patch would be wonderful, not very interested in PvE/PvP until some changes are made. Thanks!

TheTeaSpice

Then why on earth would he conflate the issues by referencing 1.2 if it has nothing whatsoever to do with this poll, the thread, or the problems people are having with the current UI.

He didn't. You're just reading what you want to read out of it. He said they will be changing the cooldown effects and they'll communicate a timeline for that change when they have one. He also said that there will be more UI customization coming with Patch 1.2 and this was said because, as he referenced, everyone has varied opinions on UI and so the customization will hopefully alleviate some of this. You're trying to make an issue where no exists. Nowhere did he say they will be waiting until March or until Patch 1.2 to address any cooldown graphics issues.

He didn't. You're just reading what you want to read out of it. He said they will be changing the cooldown effects and they'll communicate a timeline for that change when they have one. He also said that there will be more UI customization coming with Patch 1.2 and this was said because, as he referenced, everyone has varied opinions on UI and so the customization will hopefully alleviate some of this. You're trying to make an issue where no exists. Nowhere did he say they will be waiting until March or until Patch 1.2 to address any cooldown graphics issues.

Jim, I understand your point of view and I really hope you're right. But he was very careful to avoid talking about time-lines except for 1.2. There's not much other inference to be drawn except what those of us who can't play are drawing especially when you consider he's also not even acknowledged either here or on twitter that they know they've made people ill and are working on that aspect.He worded his posting intentionally and was hoping we'd all think a change was coming soon. If they have one inbound, say so but don't keep people wondering if there's not going to be one before the next billing cycle. I'd love to be wrong but so far everything EA has touched in the mmo business has turned to crud. Remember earth and Beyond, Warhammer? I think EA's well on the road to adding a third one (and not just over this issue)

I'm colour blind. WoW gave me a headache until I found that option and turned it on.

The new Action Bars in the latest patch make my head hurt.

The pulsating colours of the new buttons is just plain confusing.

Once I cast the first spell, it's like I'm pressing buttons at random.

I just cannot tell what's happening.

Things that I KNOW should be off cool down, I cannot tell if they are or not.

so I press the button and hope.

Please either set it back the way it was or give us an option.

re: Test Realm - It's a valueable resource and I feel this should have been trialed there first.

"Please either set it back the way it was or give us an option."

MORE than agree with that statement.

For that matter, the next time the there's a UI change don't just throw it out to the masses without a "classic mode" option in the control panel to turn it off?

And I mean really, there are more than a few other bugs to be fixed and this was chosen to be worked on?

I like them for my assassin twink.

I don't care about them when playing my Mercenary main character.

And I won't log in with my warrior again as long as the changes persist.

An option to choose between the old and new icons would be nice.

The animation is much better than before.

BUT it should only show the new animation on abilities that actually have a cooldown instead of showing it on GCD aswell.

The fact that GCD is shown in the new way makes it impossible to range check watching the ability icons because they are dark during the cooldown as they would be if you were out of range from your target.

For example, I play Jedi Shadow and during boss fights I want to be on max distance but still be able to hit the boss from melee range and because my skills are on GCD for about 99% of the encounter I can't range check.

what i don't get is, with so much broken stuff, bugs, MMO standard features not implemented or badly or working like crap, so much stuff that actually needs fixing and they go and fix something that was not broken to start with, it was fine before they changed it.

Let people do addons for ui, make something with curse gaming like everyone else , and ALL THE PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED.

Please Bioware , this is top priority for this game at the moment.

TOP TOP TOP priority.

Just UI addon , nothing too powerful or too fancy, simple ui addons, like numbers on bars , unitframes with hots (operative anyone?) , and basic stuff like this.

Top priority Bioware.

Edited by Sbolla

I like the changes overall. It makes everything seem a little more smoother than it was. The only thing I don't like is after teh GCD is done the animation doesn't light up the abilities fast enough. It flashes and then lights up the abilities but all of my abilities are dark for a second but I can use them after the GCD is done.

I'm sorry I missed this poll. I don't frequent the forums NEAR as much as I used to pre-launch, because I'm have way too much fun playing the game! Best MMO in a decade, I kid you not.

My opinion about the latest GCD changes: AWESOME! Thank you! I kept hitting abilities last patch wondering why they wouldn't fire, especially ones with a long CD. After the latest patch, I'm having no problem at all knowing which abilities are ready to fire.

Thanks!

It is terrible. Please go back to the ORIGINAL hotbars from at launch.. don't mess with it anymore or it will turn out to be even WORSE.

And whoever through putting bright flashes in the UI was a good idea.. fire him/her.