Sages being ignored by Devs

JediDante

I'm having a hard time understanding why one of Telekentic Sages HIGHEST talents TELEKENETIC MOMENTUM has continued to be ignored by the devs. there have been Numerous threads about how it's bugged such as the 100+ post one in the sage forums (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=124285).

Telekinetic Momentum

When you activate Disturbance or Telekinetic Wave, there is a [10 / 20 / 30]% chance the ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

you should just change it to be

Telekinetic Momentum(3/3)

When you activate Disturbance, there is a 30% chance the ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

or even

Telekinetic Momentum(1/3)

When you activate Disturbance or Telekinetic Wave, there is a 80% chance the Telekinetic Wave ability, and a 5% chance the Disturbance ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

So 1/2/3 points in the talent Telekinetic Momentum all have different effects, and the intended 3/3 for the talent Tremors to become available, is completely broken for Telekinetic Wave, one of our most used spells!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533 <<<< sure don't see this issue on the known issues forum thread, seeing how this issue has been around since BETA!

Can we at least see a response to this? I love my sage, and i hate using balance and the crappy hybrid specs all over the place just because the most fun and should be one of our most powerful talents is broken, leaving less dps over a hybrid spec...

UPDATE: Thank you for listening Devs! Tele Mome is now fixed, along with an awesome animation they added with it (double disturbances and tele waves when they proc)

Edited by JediDante

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most OP class in the game (best healer and best dps) crying about one skill not working.

Please, dissappear.

OP? my sentinel/Shadow do way more dps than my sage, just do to the fact of mobility, if your going to make a talent spec have to sit still 95% of the time to do viable dps on Operations were most if not all you have to be constantly moving, at least give it more damage, from a PvE stand point this is ridiculous.

Most OP class in the game (best healer and best dps) crying about one skill not working.

Please, dissappear.

/signed.

You are NOT being ignored, you are expecting an army of developers to cater to you every need, and you expected that yesterday. And that is simply not how software development works, especially not on a project this large.

There are a lot of issues, with both the sage and other classes, in the queue to be solved. It is simply not your turn yet, deal with it.

guess i shouldn't have expected to post a concern over a high tier talent for not only my favorite class (but alot of others) and not expected to hear trolling. If Sages are OP why not explain how every single class that people on these forums complain about are also OP? I'm not complaining about pvp, I'm complaining about a high tier talent for a PvE environment.

/signed.

You are NOT being ignored, you are expecting an army of developers to cater to you every need, and you expected that yesterday. And that is simply not how software development works, especially not on a project this large.

There are a lot of issues, with both the sage and other classes, in the queue to be solved. It is simply not your turn yet, deal with it.

Actually we are just asking a word from a dev to confirm o deny our concern about what it seems a bug, not an immediate fix, a change in the mechanic o what you call a "need" and we are asking not from "yesterday" but from the start of this game since there are posts from december about this argument.

Edited by SliverM

guess i shouldn't have expected to post a concern over a high tier talent for not only my favorite class (but alot of others) and not expected to hear trolling. If Sages are OP why not explain how every single class that people on these forums complain about are also OP? I'm not complaining about pvp, I'm complaining about a high tier talent for a PvE environment.

Sages/Sorc along with Mercenaries/Commandos are OP. It is an accepted fact.

Please, dissappear.

Signed.

Play a guardian, tank, sorta, and get back to me.

Edited by Voqar

also, i never said i wanted an immediate fix, if u read my first post, we just want a response or reaction to the problem, i know its not going to get fixed in a day, but the fact that the devs have made no notice that they are even paying attention to the class forums worrys us sages.

This is not about making the sorc/sage stronger overall. Its about fixing a skilltree that is completely broken, because of this bug partly. There could be steps taken to prevent hybrids from achieving or utilising this talent.

What you dont realize is:

1. Yes. I have a level 50 sage, and at the moment he has too much. Something has to be slightly corrected.

2. I am forced into two essentially two different DPS builds. There's the hybrid, and there's the full balance. TELEKINETIC (middle tree) is not, at this point, even an alternative. What we want is to be able to make the decision ourselves about 1/3 of our class instead of being forced into a role.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comments

I'm curious if the "mirror" ability for Empire is working. I wouldn't be surprised, there seem to be many issues specific to Republic. Force Potency/Particle Acceleration bug was only Republic, not the mirrored ability for Empire.

Yes, Forked Lightning, the Sorc equivalent, works fine. There are many Sage issues that are broken on our side but work fine for Sorcs.

The TK momentum bug BREAKS the TK tree, and makes speccing upwards to 21 points in it a complete waste and forces players to use hybrid specs. It is not fair that this bug has existed for so long(Beta) when the Empire mirror is fine.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comment

Greetings, as a heal agent I have 1/2 the output of a sage or sorc and sub standard utility.

I also have 3 out right broken talents in med tree.

So tell me who is really getting ignored?

# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78

# dev posts/replies to warrior/knight boards = 43

# dev posts/replies to bh/trooper boards = 52

# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 3

/thread

Edited by fixit

Well at first i am strangely irritated about feedback to this thread like:

"Yes your class should have a broken tree because you are too overpowered anyways"

Strange people around here. :(

And on second thought, did anyone say Sages are the only ones with a right to a fix? No i cannot read that out of the initial post. So every other class is allowed to state there problems in various threads too. Noone said we think we are more important than any other class. At least not the creator of this thread. Therefore i don't get why he gets those stupid comments.

The problem of the broken spec of Telekinetics as many say exists til BETA and every post we open in our class forum gets closed after a while with the comment "plz add to general known bug thread" and well that's it.

The thing that makes me wonder is, that the Sorcerer's mechanic (mirror class) is working fine, while sages SAME mechanic still stays broken patch after patch, without even telling us if they are trying to fix it.

All we ask for is to give us back the real choice what spec we wanna play again by fixing one of our three options.

Most Sages at the moment make hybrid specs, well because Telekinetics is broken anyways. That is not the way it is intended, is it? And so we ask for a reaction of the devs. Do they see there is a problem? Did they test it themselves? Feedback would be fine.

And what i ask of the community ...don't take a post bout one class as saying all the other classes are not that important. Everyone fights for the fun and function of his favourite class...no reason to start a "war" in a thread where the initial post is neutral and absolutely no class bashing is intended.

(sry for my english - not a native speaker here^^)

Edited by WhiteWeasel

All we ask for is to give us back the real choice what spec we wanna play again by fixing one of our three options.

OP class considered most balanced and funcitonal by devs is whining for buffs while other classes (operative/smuggler) have essentially three broken specs due to dev ignorance and nerf.

Get over it and play one of your three+ working specs. Others needs fixes first.

Edited by marshalleck

Figures the easiest, flavor of the month, most OP class found something to complain about. And here the Scoundrel community has legitimate complaints and is ACTUALLY ignored. Only 3 bioware posts on our forums compared to your 60+.

ah so ignorant. how is a complaint about non working skills not legit?

being op or not has nothing to do with it at all.

ah so ignorant. how is a complaint about non working skills not legit?

being op or not has nothing to do with it at all.

Of course it does, when all the classes in the game have broken skills, and Bioware has finite dev hours to dedicate to fixes.

To the back of the line with you!

I don't get it.

Did the creator of the thread or any other poster after him state anywhere that he wants the Sages broken mechanic fixed FIRST before all the other problems with other classes? Did he write that we Sages deserve a fix more than other classes?

NOPE nothing there!! (read it over and over)

Does this need to be a "Our class is more broken than your class so plz shut up!"- competition?

So far for producitve feedback.

Totally forgot that forums are there to bash people. <--IRONY! :(

To all the guys out there who think there class is more broken than Sage is...well go on and feel free to open a new thread about it.

Tell your problem to the devs instead of hating others who have the same right to point out things that they think are not okay in the game.

And plz let this be a thread again where one can show what he thinks is broken on his favourite class (in this case the SAGE) and not one of bashing the "OP class Sage because we can"

My two cent. And i'm out...:)

Edited by WhiteWeasel

I'm having a hard time understanding why one of Telekentic Sages HIGHEST talents TELEKENETIC MOMENTUM has continued to be ignored by the devs. there have been Numerous threads about how it's bugged such as the 100+ post one in the sage forums (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=124285).

Telekinetic Momentum

When you activate Disturbance or Telekinetic Wave, there is a [10 / 20 / 30]% chance the ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

you should just change it to be

Telekinetic Momentum(3/3)

When you activate Disturbance, there is a 30% chance the ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

or even

Telekinetic Momentum(1/3)

When you activate Disturbance or Telekinetic Wave, there is a 80% chance the Telekinetic Wave ability, and a 5% chance the Disturbance ability will produce a second attack that strikes the same targets for 30% damage.

So 1/2/3 points in the talent Telekinetic Momentum all have different effects, and the intended 3/3 for the talent Tremors to become available, is completely broken for Telekinetic Wave, one of our most used spells!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533 <<<< sure don't see this issue on the known issues forum thread, seeing how this issue has been around since BETA!

Can we at least see a response to this? I love my sage, and i hate using balance and the crappy hybrid specs all over the place just because the most fun and should be one of our most powerful talents is broken, leaving less dps over a hybrid spec...

I'm guessing they have limited resources and bigger fish to fry than address a single talent with a single class that otherwise works just fine.