Bioware what are you going to do about the POPULATION IMBALANCE

Boomer-

Seriously, Ilum is a joke, in wz's imperials completely outgear us and really its embarassing. I hit 50 2 weeks ago and I'm bored, my gear is crap compared to imps and we are outnumbered. I play on infinity gate. What is your response to this imbalance? Does every single republic player have to quit or reroll imp for you to do something?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hang in there and get the dailies and open as many champion bags as you can. It really doesn't take that long to get geared up.

Even if you lose every warzone you play, you can still get champion bags.

Be thankful you have lower queue times and aren't playing same faction huttball the majority of the time.

They won't do anything, because they're amateurs as far as MMOs are concerned. They caused the whole situation, they had no tools in case it happens, no ideas how to counter that problem. Now the problem has grown like a cancer and is feasting on the very flesh of the game and they do nothing, because, clearly, they have absolutely no clue, what to do.

Simple.

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

They won't do anything, because they're amateurs as far as MMOs are concerned. They caused the whole situation, they had no tools in case it happens, no ideas how to counter that problem. Now the problem has grown like a cancer and is feasting on the very flesh of the game and they do nothing, because, clearly, they have absolutely no clue, what to do.

Simple.

Regards,

Kalantris

BW didn't cause Imperial popularity in the game. The Star Wars franchise did that.

BW didn't cause Imperial popularity in the game. The Star Wars franchise did that.

bw made a faction based multiplayer game and put no effort into how the factions interact, there is no one else to blame

day 1 design meeting should have gone:

dev1: so we're going 2 faction?

dev2: yup

dev 1: ok, everything faction related other than class storylines and cosmetics should be under the direct control of the lead pvp dev as pvp is the only way the 2 factions will interact.

Edited by Roak

bw made a faction based multiplayer game and put no effort into how the factions interact, there is no one else to blame

day 1 design meeting should have gone:

dev1: so we're going 2 faction?

dev2: yup

dev 1: ok, everything faction related other than class storylines and cosmetics should be under the direct control of the lead pvp dev as pvp is the only way the 2 factions will interact.

You can argue the implementation, but I'm arguing about the imbalance, since it's caused by a lot of interest in the Star Wars franchise to check out the Imperial faction. When people picked their side, it had very little to do with the mechanics of the game, since they haven't even stepped foot in it yet.

This is, afterall, a topic about Population Imbalance.

Seriously, Ilum is a joke, in wz's imperials completely outgear us and really its embarassing. I hit 50 2 weeks ago and I'm bored, my gear is crap compared to imps and we are outnumbered. I play on infinity gate. What is your response to this imbalance? Does every single republic player have to quit or reroll imp for you to do something?

Perhaps you think they should start randomly banning imps?

How will BW "fix" peoples preferences?

They can encourage people to join the other side with character transfers, new pub races, etc - but they cannot "fix" more people wanting to play the evil empire over the goody republic.

Do they even know this problem exists? have they acknowledged it?

Yes, they have stated apparently that they have plans to give incentives to balance the servers. How or what these plans might be is unknown. I would suspect we will see something by the end of the month however.

You can argue the implementation, but I'm arguing about the imbalance, since it's caused by a lot of interest in the Star Wars franchise to check out the Imperial faction. When people picked their side, it had very little to do with the mechanics of the game, since they haven't even stepped foot in it yet.

This is, afterall, a topic about Population Imbalance.

it's a game with 2 sides, if you walk up to a foosball table and one side has a person on it do you go to the same side because it's your favourite colour or do you pick the other colour for gameplay reasons.

it's too late to sort out now, the time to implement stuff was before launch, and anyone who says they didn't know this would happen is talking ***** as this issue was discussed at length many times in the forums pre-launch.

and that's what irks, they were told, they must knew this would happen, and because of "story" they made no effort to maximise the fun dynamic gameplay that comes from having roughly equal sides.

Edited by Roak

NO but they failed to put any measures in to encourage balance. I wanted to play sith and so did my friend. I didnt because i knew this would happen and i'm mature enough to do what's needed for the health of the game. I realize most ppl arent mature enough which is why they should have implemented measures to correct the imbalance.

The beiggest mistake they made is having a same faction wz. This removes the only incentive to roll the unpopular faction (long q times).

BUT BUT BUT DEN PPL WILL LEAVE GAME IF DEY HAVE LONG Q'S. some will, sure, but the health of the game is more important than the butthurts who can't deal with not being able to play their FAVORITE FACTION.

Cross server wz's wont really help because the imbalance is pretty much universal across almost all servers.

The only solution is no more cross faction wz's (instead let's ADD ONE HURR DURRRRR) or faction transfers. Because let's face it, at this point even the window licking imperials are realizing that outnumbering their enemy 5 to 1 in illum isnt very fun. riding around in circles and central illum, competing with 60 other imps for tiny crates for hours, occasionally zerging the long repub is pretty non fun.

I WISH players would be smarter and put aside their ZOMG I LOVE BEIN EVIL LIGHTNING HURR DURR I"M COOL attitude and just roll repub to save the game. But i'm smart enough to know ppl are retarded.

Do they even know this problem exists? have they acknowledged it?

How is it imbalance. What would you to to resolve it?

"Hey guys, if you play Imperial we're adding 3 bucks to your monthly sub"

People will play the faction they want to play

How is it imbalance. What would you to to resolve it?

"Hey guys, if you play Imperial we're adding 3 bucks to your monthly sub"

People will play the faction they want to play

There WERE plenty of ways to do it from the get go. Unfortunately they screwed up FROM the get go and are stuck because they are not smart. Bioware knows how to write a good story....and that's about it.

There WERE plenty of ways to do it from the get go. Unfortunately they screwed up FROM the get go and are stuck because they are not smart. Bioware knows how to write a good story....and that's about it.

And solutions were?

Edited by Organikal

Why should BioWare do anything about something WE (including YOU caused)?

Easy Fix

Imbalance the gear in favor of the Pubs..

Allow one way transfers from Imp to Pub...

close down transfers after problem corrects...

remove imbalanced gear..

Die hard Siths will stay sith...

Die hard Pvp'ers will move.

Edited by VoidJustice

I WISH players would be smarter and put aside their ZOMG I LOVE BEIN EVIL LIGHTNING HURR DURR I"M COOL attitude and just roll repub to save the game. But i'm smart enough to know ppl are retarded.

This might be true if this game was highly PvP based, because the population Imbalance does not affect PvE as greatly. So unless there are conclusive numbers that PvP imbalance is going to kill the game, that argument may not hold much weight.

So for those who Enjoy being Sith, and happen to like the story line, they may not have any incentive to switch. Or perhaps they may switch because they're curious about the other story lines.

And keep in mind, this game has always advertised as PvE first. You'd have to account for the PvE'r subs.

Why should BioWare do anything about something WE (including YOU caused)?

Wait, so the OP how is upset because he happens to be a member of the under populated faction upon his server is to blame for his side being under populated?

it's a game with 2 sides, if you walk up to a foosball table and one side has a person on it do you go to the same side because it's your favourite colour or do you pick the other colour for gameplay reasons.

it's too late to sort out now, the time to implement stuff was before launch, and anyone who says they didn't know this would happen is talking ***** as this issue was discussed at length many times in the forums pre-launch.

and that's what irks, they were told, they must knew this would happen, and because of "story" they made no effort to maximise the fun dynamic gameplay that comes from having roughly equal sides.

You think a lot of people play this game by seeing how many people are on each side? Keep in mind this is a PvE game first. The gameplay issue you're describing is only affected by those who primarily PvP. Do we know exactly how many PvP vs PvE'ers are in this game? No. So to believe that it should all revolve around PvP play is a little off-base.

A lot of Star Wars fans come here for the PvE content, the lore, the storyline, etc. The Star Wars franchise has always had an abundance of Imperial fans. Fans of Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Boba Fett, Sith, etc. How many fans do you see for Luke, or Rebel Pilots, in comparison?

People play this game because of what the characters/factions represent, and it already has an established fanbase way before BW even touched this MMO.